As NFL 2021 kicked off in September, football enthusiasts can’t keep calm since then. While football lovers are already busy celebrating their favorite teams’ victory, hockey lovers, too, didn’t lag as they resorted to NHL. Yes, NHL got off to a flying start on October 12, 2021. Unlike its previous years (the previous NHL games were shortened due to the pandemic), NHL is back in full force this season. So, if you are an ardent NHL follower and want to enjoy every match without a miss, why not stream every NHL game on your Roku? Let’s understand the various ways to add & stream NHL on Roku.
You can watch NHL on Roku via ESPN+, ABC Network, TNT, and TBS. With NHL on Roku, you can never miss a game. Watch your favorite matches even if they are over. Subscribe to NHL.TV and enjoy post-game highlights, in-game highlights, and additional NHL.com video content throughout the season.
The National Hockey League has its official app to jump into live games and stream every game. Moreover, you get to “choose from home and away feeds to hear your favorite announcers.” The app further lets you “pause and rewind live games with DVR controls.”
Want to experience all of these? Learn here how to watch NHL on Roku.
How to Stream NHL Games on Roku
The National Hockey League is a professional ice hockey league comprised of 32 teams – 7 in Canada and 25 in the U.S. It is one of the major professional sports leagues in North America. It is considered to be the premier professional ice hockey league in the world. After NFL, MLB, NBA, and EPL, NHL is the 5th-wealthiest professional sports league in the world by revenue.
Here’s a rundown of steps to add NHL to Roku and stream the games.
- Begin the activation process by turning on your Roku device.
- Connect the device to your TV via an HDMI port.
- Navigate to the home screen by pressing the Home icon on the remote.
- Scroll up or down to access the Streaming Channels option.
- Look for the Search Channels option and click it.
- Use the virtual keyboard to type NHL in the search box.
- Click the Add channel button to install the app.
- Click the OK button to complete adding the NHL app.
- Now, launch the app and enter the log-in credentials to start streaming.
This is one way of watching NHL on your favorite streaming platform.
Watch NHL on Roku without Cable
You may want to try out other easy ways to stream your favorite sports live on Roku.
- fuboTV: “Can I stream NHL Network with fuboTV?” Well, fuboTV could be the best streaming service to watch your favorite NHL games. Depending on your fuboTV package, you can avail yourself of up to 180 channels. All the three fuboTV packages – Family for $64.99/ month, Family Plan with Showtime for $74.99/ month, and Ultra for $84.99/ month – offer the NHL channel. The Starter package has 250 hours of DVR storage. Go for a higher package and unlock 1,000 hours of space.
- Sling TV: Sling TV is another popular streaming service. It mainly has three plans, and they are very affordable. All the three packages – Sling Orange, Sling Blue, and Sling Orange + Blue – offer the NHL Network as an add-on channel. This means you will need to add the Sports Extra package to watch NHL on your favorite streaming device, i.e., Roku. The Sling Orange + Blue package offers more than 50 channels. You can access the hockey matches on 4 devices at the same time.
- AT&T TV: If you don’t mind spending a little more, go for AT&T TV’s Ultimate package to watch NHL. It can be available for you at $94.99/ month. Along with NHL Network, you can watch ESPNU, ESPN, ESPN2, NBC Sports, Fox Sports 1 and 2, and CBS Sports. Apart from sports, AT&T TV has many entertainment channels, including AMC, Discovery Channel, HGTV, A&E, History Channel, and more.