In this guide, you will learn how to activate your newly received Kohl’s credit card online at the official activation link – kohls.com/activate. Ensure you have your card and personal details handy during the activation process.
With almost 1200 stores throughout the United States, Kohl’s is considered among the biggest departmental store chain in the country. It has a wide range of products featuring Active & Wellness, Home, Bed & Bath, Furniture, Toys, Clothing, Accessories, and more. Apart from usual payment modes like debit cards, credit cards, and digital wallets, this store chain also offers an exclusive Kohl’s Charge Card for customers’ convenience.
The Kohl’s Credit Card is a store credit card offered by Kohl’s. By using the Kohl’s Credit Card, you can earn rewards and discounts on purchases made at Kohl’s stores and access special promotions and offers. This card can be used both in-store and online.
You can only take advantage of your new Kohl’s credit card after activating it online at kohls.com/activate, over the phone, or through the mobile app.
How to Register for a Kohl’s Account
Although there are multiple ways to activate your Kohl’s Card, you must have an account with Kohl’s before using any of the methods. Refer to these instructions if you don’t have a Kohl’s account:
- Open the Kohl’s.com sign-up page on your phone/pc browser.
- Type your 12-digit card number and click Continue.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, and password in the provided fields.
- If you’d like to apply for a Kohl’s credit card, you can do so by entering your payment information during the account registration process.
- Select the additional options per your preference and click the CREATE ACCOUNT button.
Once you have completed the registration process, you can use the below-mentioned methods to activate your Kohl’s credit card.
Complete Guide to Activate your Kohls.com Credit Card 
To activate a Kohl’s credit card, you will need the following prerequisites:
- Your Kohl’s credit card number: This can be found on the front of your credit card.
- Your Social Security Number: Kohl’s may ask for your Social Security Number as part of the activation process to verify your identity.
- Personal Information: You must provide your full name, mailing address, and phone number.
- Online access: You will need an internet connection and a device like a computer or a smartphone to activate your Kohl’s credit card online.
Once you have gathered all the required information, you can activate your Kohl’s credit card by visiting the kohls.com/activate website or by calling the activation number provided on the credit card packaging or statement.
Kohls.com Activate Card Online
Here are the steps to activate/ register your new Kohl’s credit card online:
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit Kohl’s card activation website – kohls.com/activate.
- Sign in to your Kohl’s account using your username & password and click Log in.
- Next, select the Account icon (your profile name) located near the upper-right corner.
- Now, select the Manage card option from the menu.
- Click Activate my card and enter the 12-digit card number.
- Provide the required information and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
Once your Kohl’s Card is activated, you will get a notification on your screen. You can now use your card to make purchases and earn rewards at Kohl’s stores.
How to Activate Kohl’s Card by Phone
If you cannot activate your Kohl’s credit card online, consider using your phone to activate the card.
- Make sure you have all the required information for activation. This includes your charge card number, social security number, and other personal information.
- Once you have all the required information, call 800 954 0244 or the activation number provided on the credit card packaging.
- Follow the on-call prompts carefully and provide the information when requested.
Your Kohl’s Charge card will be activated instantly after following all the instructions.
Steps to Activate Kohl’s Credit Card through the Mobile App
To activate your Kohl’s credit card through the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download the Kohl’s app: Go to the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play Store (for Android) and download the Kohl’s app.
- Create an account: Open the app and create a Kohl’s account by entering your personal information and setting up a password.
- Activate My Card: Once you are logged in, navigate to the Credit Services section and tap Activate My Card.
- Enter your credit card information: Enter your Kohl’s credit card number and other required information to verify your identity.
- Confirm activation: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
Can I Activate my Kohl’s Card by visiting a Store?
Yes, you can activate your charge card by visiting a store. Here’s what you need to do:
- Find a nearby Kohl’s store and visit it during operating hours.
- Once you are in the store, speak with a customer service representative and ask for assistance in activating your Kohl’s credit card.
- Give the representative your Kohl’s credit card number and other required information to verify your identity.
After completing the activation process, your Kohl’s credit card will be ready for use.
What if I have forgotten my Kohl’s account password?
If you forgot the password or username of your Kohl’s account while activating the card, you could recover it by following these steps:
- Go to a web browser and open kohls.com/activate.
- Click Forgot password located below the log-in fields.
- Enter your username in the provided field and click Continue. (If you also forgot your username, click Forgot username.)
- Now, check your email for a password reset link.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email and reset your password.
You can then activate your Kohl’s card at kohls.com/activate using your new password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, once you have activated your Kohl’s Card successfully, you can start using it for making purchases at any Kohl’s store or online at www.kohls.com.
If you are a primary owner or authorized user, you can easily activate all your cards on the account. However, you will only be able to do so when you are a primary owner or authorized user.
Activating your new Kohl’s card doesn’t deactivate your old Card. You will need to call Kohl’s customer support to get your old card deactivated. Also, make sure to cut and discard your old card to prevent it from getting misused.
Kohl’s card is a retail charge card that you can use for purchases only at a Kohl’s store or for online Kohl’s merchandise.
No. You can only use your Kohl’s card for purchasing Kohl’s merchandise in-store or on Kohl’s website.