In this tutorial, you will learn how to activate your newly received or replacement Kohl’s credit card online at kohls.com/activate. Ensure you have the credit card and personal details handy during activation.
With almost 1200 stores throughout the United States, Kohl’s is one of the biggest departmental store chains in the country. It has a wide range of products featuring Active and wellness, Home, Bed & Bath, Furniture, Toys, Clothing, Accessories, and more.
Apart from usual payment modes like debit cards, credit cards, and digital wallets, this store chain also offers an exclusive Kohl’s Credit Card for customers’ convenience. There are two main types of Kohl’s credit cards:
- Kohl’s Rewards Card: With this credit card, you will earn 5% Kohl’s Rewards on every purchase, every day. These rewards are valid for 30 days.
- Kohl’s Charge Card: This card is similar to the Kohl’s Rewards Card but has no annual fee.
If you’re a frequent Kohl’s shopper, these credit cards can be a good way to save money and earn rewards. You can use your Kohl’s credit card at both Kohl’s store and online.
You can only use your new or replacement Kohl’s credit card after activating it online at kohls.com/activate or by calling the phone number on the back of your card.
Guide to Activate your Kohl’s Credit Card
To activate a Kohl’s credit card, you will need the following prerequisites:
- Your Kohl’s credit card number: This can be found on the front of your credit card.
- Your Social Security Number: Kohl’s may ask for your Social Security Number as part of the activation process to verify your identity.
- Personal Information: You must provide your full name, mailing address, and phone number.
- Online access: You will need an internet connection and a device like a computer or a smartphone to activate your Kohl’s credit card online.
Once you have gathered all the required information, you can activate your Kohl’s credit card by visiting the kohls.com/activate website or by calling the activation number provided on the card packaging or statement.
Kohls.com/activate: Activate Card Online
Here are the steps to activate/ register your new Kohl’s credit card online:
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit Kohl’s card activation website – kohls.com/activate.
- Sign in to your Kohl’s account using your username & password and click Log in.
- Next, select the Account icon (your profile name) located near the upper-right corner.
- Now, select the Manage card option from the menu.
- Click Activate my card and enter the 12-digit card number.
- Provide the required information and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
Once your Kohl’s Card is activated, you will get a notification on your screen. You can now use your card to make purchases and earn rewards at Kohl’s stores.
How to Activate Kohl’s Card by Phone
If you cannot activate your Kohl’s credit card online, consider using your phone to activate the card.
- Make sure you have all the required information for activation. This includes your charge card number, social security number, and other personal information.
- Once you have all the required information, call 800 954 0244 or the activation number provided on the credit card packaging.
- Follow the on-call prompts carefully and provide the information when requested.
Your Kohl’s Charge card will be activated instantly after following all the instructions.
To Activate Kohl’s Credit Card through the Mobile App
To activate your Kohl’s credit card through the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Download the Kohl’s app: Go to the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play Store (for Android) and download the Kohl’s app.
- Create an account: Open the app and create a Kohl’s account by entering your personal information and setting up a password.
- Activate My Card: Once you are logged in, navigate to the Credit Services section and tap Activate My Card.
- Enter your credit card information: Enter your Kohl’s credit card number and other required information to verify your identity.
- Confirm activation: Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind when activating your Kohl’s Credit Card:
- You must activate your Kohl’s card within 60 days of receiving it.
- You can only activate your card once.
- If you lose your Kohl’s Credit Card, you will need to call customer service to cancel it and request a new card.
Can I Activate my Kohl’s Card by visiting a Store?
Yes, you can activate your charge card by visiting a store. Here’s what you need to do:
- Find a nearby Kohl’s store and visit it during operating hours.
- Once you are in the store, speak with a cashier or customer service representative and ask for assistance in activating your Kohl’s credit card.
- Give the representative your Kohl’s credit card number and other required information to verify your identity.
After completing the activation process, your Kohl’s credit card will be ready for use.
What if I have forgotten my Kohl’s account password?
If you forgot the username or password of your Kohl’s account, you can reset it by following these steps:
- Go to a web browser and open kohls.com/activate.
- Click the Forgot Password link located below the log-in fields.
- Enter your username in the provided field and click Continue. (If you also forgot your username, click Forgot username.)
- Now, check your email for a password reset link.
- Follow the instructions provided in the email and reset your password.
Your password will be reset, and you will be able to activate your Kohl’s card at kohls.com/activate using your new password.
How to Register for a Kohl’s Account Online Access
Although there are multiple ways to activate your Kohl’s Card, you must have an account with Kohl’s before using any of the methods. Refer to these instructions if you don’t have a Kohl’s account:
- Open the Kohl’s.com sign-up page on your phone/PC browser.
- Type your 12-digit account/card number and click Continue.
- Enter your last name, date of birth, ZIP/postal code, and last 4 digits of SSN in the provided fields.
- Now create a password for your Kohl’s account online access.
- Click on the Create Account button.
You can use your online access to track your orders, manage your Kohl’s Cash balance, and sign up for Kohl’s Rewards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, once you have activated your Kohl’s Card successfully, you can start using it for making purchases at any Kohl’s store or online at www.kohls.com.
If you are a primary owner or authorized user, you can easily activate all your cards on the account. However, you will only be able to do so when you are a primary owner or authorized user.
Activating your new Kohl’s card doesn’t deactivate your old Card. You will need to call Kohl’s customer support to get your old card deactivated. Also, make sure to cut and discard your old card to prevent it from getting misused.
Kohl’s card is a retail charge card that you can use for purchases only at a Kohl’s store or for online Kohl’s merchandise.
No. You can only use your Kohl’s card for purchasing Kohl’s merchandise in-store or on Kohl’s website.