March 29, 2022 / Dan Smith
Activate ID GO Channel App on Smart Devices via idgo.com/activate
The Investigation Discovery GO (IDGO) channel is a pay-TV network available through cable or satellite providers on the big screen. The channel mainly features documentary-style shows based on true crime and delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
If you have a subscription through a pay television, you can watch your favorite ID shows on your streaming device by activating the IDGO app at idgo.com/activate.
In this guide, you will learn how to activate the Investigation Discovery GO app on your favorite streaming platforms. Stay tuned!
Thing to consider
You will need to activate the IDGO app to watch your favorite Investigation Discovery shows and more from 14 networks, including Travel Channel, OWN, TLC, HGTV, etc. However, you must possess these requirements to avoid an activation error.
- Active subscription through a TV provider.
- A streaming device (supported) and another device (smartphone or computer).
- Stable Internet connection.
- IDGO can be accessed only in the U.S.
- Wi-Fi connection recommended
Confirm these details and go ahead with the activation steps below to stream ID shows, access thousands of on-demand episodes, and watch live TV.
Guide to Activate IDGO at idgo.com/activate
You can watch Homicide Hunter, Disappeared On the Case with Paula Zahn, See No Evil, and more after activating the ID GO app on your preferred devices such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, Android, or Apple TV.
Steps to Activate ID GO on Roku Media Player
To access ID GO on your Roku player, you will first need to download & install the ID GO app and activate it using the activation code. Here are the complete steps to activate ID GO on Roku –
- Turn on your Roku Media player and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Next, scroll up or down on the Home screen and select Streaming Channels to get to the Channel Store.
- Once you are in the Channel Store, go to the top section to find a list of featured, latest, and popular categories to explore.
- Now find the ID GO app using the search option.
- Click on the Add Channel button to add the channel to your Roku device.
- Once the channel gets added to your Roku account, launch it.
- Open the ID GO sign-in page to link your TV provider.
- You will see an activation code on your screen.
- Visit idgo.com/activate on your computer or smartphone browser.
- Enter the activation code and click Link TV Provider.
- Sign in to your TV provider account once the activation code is accepted successfully.
- Now, you will be able to watch your favorite ID GO series on Roku.
Activate ID GO on Amazon Fire TV
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV and go to the App Store.
- In the Amazon App Store, type Investigation Discovery GO in the search field and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Download and install the ID GO channel app on Fire TV.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Inside the IDGO app, select sign in to get an activation code.
- On a separate device, open a web browser and visit idgo.com/activate.
- Enter the code found on the activation screen of your device and tap Link TV Provider.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials to verify your subscription.
- Now, you may have to wait for a couple of seconds before you can start watching the ID GO channel on Fire TV.
Enter Code at idgo.com/activate to Activate on Apple TV
If you are using an Apple TV, you can easily access the ID GO channel on it by following the instructions provided below –
- Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store, search for the ID GO channel.
- Select Get to download and install it on your Apple TV.
- After installing the ID GO App, launch it on your device.
- Go to the sign-in page of the ID GO app.
- You will see an activation code along with instructions to link your TV provider.
- Note down the activation code from the screen as it will be required to complete the ID GO activation process.
- Open a web browser on your computer or smartphone and visit idgo.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and sign in with your TV provider.
- Your Apple TV is now ready to stream the ID GO channel.
Link TV Provider to Activate ID GO on Android TV
- On your Android TV, launch Google Play Store app.
- In the Play Store, locate the IDGO app using the search field.
- Select the app from the search results.
- Download and install the IDGO app on your Android TV.
- After installing the app, launch it on your device.
- You will see an activation code on your screen.
- Open idgo.com/activate on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the link code in the prompted field and click on the Link TV Provider button.
- Select your Tv provider from the list and sign in.
- IDGO app is now successfully activated on your Android Smart TV.
How to Activate ID GO on Microsoft Xbox One?
Xbox One is another popular medium where you can easily watch the ID GO channel by activating it. To know how to activate the ID GO app on Xbox one, follow the step-by-step instructions provided below –
- Open the Microsoft Store on your Xbox gaming console and go to the search section.
- In the search section, enter ID Go and press the search button.
- Select the IDGO app from the search results.
- Press the Get button and follow the on-screen prompts to install the app.
- After installation, launch the app.
- Your TV screen will now display a unique activation code.
- Now, open idgo.com/activate on your computer or smartphone browser.
- You will need to enter the activation code displayed on your TV screen.
- After entering the code, click the Link TV Provider button and sign in using your service provider login credentials.
- After successful activation, you can watch the ID GO channel on your Xbox console.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to activate ID GO on the devices mentioned above. If the activation code entered by you doesn’t work, it has probably expired. If this happens, all you need to do is generate a new code and use this new activation code to activate the ID GO app.
About Investigation Discovery
A multinational pay-TV channel, ID or Investigation Discovery, entertains U.S. residents with true crime documentaries.
The channel was launched in 1996 and saw tremendous growth in the early years. By 2002, ID was available to 14 million households.
Frequently Asked Questions
While completing the activation process, you will be prompted to link your TV provider. If you don’t find your TV provider, this is because your cable or satellite provider is now participating with Investigation Discovery.
Yes, closed captioning is available on both on-demand and live episodes.
Apple TV –
– Use the Apple TV remote to start a program and swipe to the Subtitles option.
– Look for the OFF option and select it.
– You can use other preferences like English CC or auto.
– If you use a Roku device, you can follow a similar process to start a program and select the Subtitles option.
– Select the option depending on your preferences.
Fire TV –
– To get the CC option on your Fire TV device, you need to start a program and press the “=” icon.
– You can get the option now.
– If you stream ID on a mobile device, you need to choose a program.
– Tap the screen to get the CC option.
On your computer, access the Investigation Discovery website. Navigate to the menu bar to get the Link TV Provider option. Upon prompted, select your TV provider and enter the log-in details. You need to stick to the guidelines to complete the process.