Short for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, ESPN is a cable sports channel owned by ESPN Inc. It is one of the most successful sports networks, available to approximately 86 million television households (over 93% of households with pay television) in the United States alone.
You don’t need different apps to stream NFL, NHL, MLB, Golf, or Tennis. The ultimate ESPN network gets you live scores, on-demand news, expert analysis, and more when you log in with a participating TV provider.
The ESPN channel is available on all leading streaming devices, such as Roku, Amazon FireStick, Apple TV, Xbox, and Sony PlayStation. Follow the instructions below to learn how to activate the ESPN channel on these devices via espn.com/activate.
Guide to Activate ESPN on Smart Devices at espn.com/activate 
ESPN is available across devices and platforms, thus reaching out to a wider audience who wants to watch thousands of live events and shows throughout the year.
ESPN.com Activate on Roku
If you are using a Roku player, you can easily watch the ESPN channel on it. However, to stream the ESPN on your Roku device, you need to activate the ESPN app at espn.com/activate using the instructions below.
- To activate ESPN TV on Roku, turn on your Roku player and connect it to your TV.
- Now go to the Roku Channel Store.
- In the Channel Store, search for the ESPN app using the search option.
- From the search result, select the app and click on Add channel.
- Now follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once installed, open the app on Roku.
- You will now see an activation code on your TV screen.
- Now, on a computer or smartphone, open espn.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and click Continue.
- Sign in with your TV provider or ESPN+ account to watch ESPN on Roku.
How to Watch ESPN on FireStick TV
Here are the steps to install & activate the ESPN app on Fire TV –
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV and go to the App Store.
- In the app store, type ESPN in the search bar and press Search.
- Now, select the ESPN app and click download to install it.
- Launch the ESPN app and go to the Settings section to generate an activation code.
- Visit espn.com/activate on another device.
- Enter the activation code and click Continue.
- Sign in with your service provider or ESPN+ credentials.
Wait for a few seconds, and your Fire TV is ready to stream your favorite sports content.
Activate ESPN on Apple TV
Want to activate ESPN on your Apple TV? You can easily do so by following the below instructions.
- Go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Search for the ESPN app in the app store.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- After installation, you will need to launch the ESPN app on Apple TV.
- Inside the app, select the Sign in option to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Open a web browser on your smartphone or a computer and visit espn.com/activate.
- Enter the code from your TV and click Continue.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to activate ESPN on Apple TV.
espn.com/activate Android TV
Follow the instructions below to get ESPN on your Android TV –
- On your Android device, go to Apps > Google Play Store.
- Search for the ESPN app in the Play Store.
- Download and install the app on your Android TV.
- After successful installation, click Open to launch the app.
- Next, in the Settings section, select the Sign-in option.
- A 7-digit activation code, along with instructions, will display on your TV screen.
- Open espn.com/activate on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter the activation code to activate your device.
- Sign in to your account using your username & password.
ESPN is now active on your Android TV.
ESPN on Xbox One
To watch the ESPN channel on Xbox One gaming console, follow the step-by-step instructions below.
- First, connect your Xbox One to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Then, go to the Microsoft Store and search for the ESPN app using the search option.
- Select the app from the search results and press the Get button.
- Once installed, launch the ESPN channel app on Xbox.
- Click on the Login option to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Now, open espn.com/activate on your computer or smartphone.
- Enter the activation code displayed on your TV and tap Continue.
- Login to your ESPN+ or TV provider account.
After successful activation, you can watch the ESPN channel on your Xbox console.
Steps to Stream ESPN on PS4/ PS5
Playstation is another popular gaming console where you can watch the ESPN channel. The following steps will help you stream ESPN on PS4 or PS5 –
- Go to the PlayStation Store and search for the ESPN channel.
- From the search result, select the ESPN app.
- On the next screen, select Add to Cart.
- Now, sign in to your Sony PlayStation account and follow the on-screen prompts to install the app on your PlayStation console.
- After installing the ESPN app, launch it to generate an activation code.
- Now, go to espn.com/activate on a separate device.
- Enter the activation code in the given field and press the Continue button.
- If you have a valid TV provider, log in with its credentials.
You can now stream your favorite sports entertainment on your Playstation-connected TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
ESPN is available on all smart TVs and digital media players. So, getting the app on your device is a piece of cake. But first, ensure you already have the login details with your TV provider.
ESPN supports all leading TV providers, including DIRECTV, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Spectrum, Xfinity, Dish, Cox, Optimum, Verizon Fios, and many more. For the complete list, check out this link.
Absolutely! ESPN+ is an excellent choice if you are a cord-cutter. Sign up for $70 annually to access loads of exclusive sports content. In addition, you can stream ESPN+ on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, and other devices.