Part of Turner Entertainment Digital, TBS.com or TBS (Turner Broadcasting System) is an American pay-TV network owned by the Turner Networks. TBS features many outstanding programs, focusing on comedy, sports, and more. To stream your favorite shows and sports events, you can install the dedicated TBS application on your preferred streaming device and activate it via tbs.com/activate.
The procedure is simple. Let us walk you through the steps below to activate TBS.com on different streaming platforms.
Things to Consider
To successfully carry out the activation process, you must possess the following essentials.
- High-speed internet connection.
- A compatible streaming device, i.e., Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, etc.
- The latest version of the TBS app.
- Sign-in details with your TV provider.
- A second device – laptop, phone, or tablet.
Compatible Devices with TBS app
Here’s a list of devices compatible with the TBS App.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Xbox One
- iOS Devices
- Android Devices
Activate TBS on Android TV using Activation Code
Below are the steps to activate TBS on Android TV.
- Power on your Android TV.
- Access the home screen of your device and navigate to the Play Store.
- Search for the TBS app using the on-screen keyword.
- Click the Install button and return to the home screen to launch the app.
- Open the TBS app to get an activation code on your TV screen.
- Go to the activation page – tbs.com/activate, select Android TV from the drop-down menu and click Continue.
- Provide the code in the given field and press Submit.
- Now provide the TV provider log-in details upon prompted to complete the activation process.
- You can now stream TBS on your Android TV.
Activate TBS App on Roku via tbs.com/activate
TBS is now available on Roku. However, to activate TBS on Roku, follow the below-mentioned procedure.
- Firstly, go to the Roku channel store.
- Scroll through the channels list under the Movies and TV section to find the TBS channel.
- Select Add Channel to install it on your Roku device.
- After completing the channel installation, launch it.
- You will get a channel activation code on your TV screen.
- It’s time to visit tbs.com/activate on a web browser.
- Select Roku and click Continue.
- Enter the activation code and tap Submit.
- Now, sign in with your cable provider credentials to continue the channel setup.
- At last, you have to follow the on-screen prompts and wrap up with the TBS activation on Roku successfully.
Apart from Roku, you can also activate TBS services on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Easy Steps to Activate TBS on Fire TV Stick
Here is a step-by-step guide to activate TBS on your Amazon Firestick.
- Connect your TV and the Firestick before proceeding with the activation steps.
- Now head to the Amazon app store and move over the Search button.
- Type “Watch TBS” with the help of the on-screen keyboard.
- You will see several search results, out of which you need to select Watch TBS.
- Click Get from the app description page.
- The app will start to download and install on Fire TV. The complete process will take a couple of minutes.
- After installation, click Open to launch the application. You can also launch it from the Apps & Games section.
- You will see an activation code on the Fire TV screen.
- Now, open a web browser on your smartphone or desktop and visit the TBS activation page – tbs.com/activate.
- Then select Amazon Fire TV, enter the verification code generated on your Amazon Fire TV, and click on Submit button.
- Finally, log in to your cable TV provider account.
- You have successfully activated TBS app on your Firestick.
Activate TBS on Xbox One
Refer to the steps below to activate TBS on Xbox One.
- Go to the Xbox Store and install the TBS app.
- Open the app to receive an activation code.
- Save the code before heading to tbs.com/activate on another device.
- On the activation page, choose Xbox One from the drop-down menu, and click the Continue button.
- Enter the code and click Submit.
- Enter your TV provider log-in details.
- TBS is now active on your Xbox One device. You can select a program and start enjoying it.
How to Fix TBS Activation Errors?
Did you run into some activation error? Here’s a list of recommended troubleshooting tips that you may want to try.
- Use a Valid Code: One of the primary reasons why the activation of the TBS channel fails is because you use an invalid code. There are a couple of reasons why your activation code becomes invalid.
- Firstly, when you delay the process and enter the code beyond its stipulated time. The code won’t work if you fail to access tbs.com/activate and enter the code within the time limit.
- Secondly, when you mistype it. Let’s say you get the code on the TV screen. You try to copy it. While doing so, you make a mistake. So, when you enter the code in the desired field, it wouldn’t work.
- Poor Internet Connection: Yes, your home Wi-Fi network can create problems if it is not stable. Fix your Internet first before you go ahead and complete the activation process.
- Update the Device and App: Unless your device is updated to the latest version, you will likely encounter specific errors. To update the device, go to “Setting,” click on the “System” option, and press the “System Update” button.
- Invalid URL or Activation Link: The official activation link is tbs.com/activate. While accessing the page, you have got to be very careful. Make no mistakes in navigating to the website on another device – preferably your computer, PC, mobile phone, or tablet.
Furthermore, if you have any doubts about activating the TBS channel on your streaming device like Roku, Firestick, Xbox, etc., visit tbs.com/help to know more about it.
About TBS Channel
Hit movies & classic shows, binge current originals, and live stream – you name it, the entertainment company – TBS has it for you. Turner Broadcasting System offers TV broadcasting, program syndication and licensing, cable TV productions, real estate operations, and professional sports. It also airs local and international news, music, and sports.
Wrapping up – you must have the sign-in details with your TV provider to stream TBS content on your streaming device. The steps are easy-to-follow. However, you may have to adjust the steps based on your device models.
Frequently Asked Questions
Use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer if you have a Windows computer. For Mac users, Chrome, Safari, or Firefox will work.
You can get the TBS app on iPad, iPhone, Android Tablets, Android Handsets, Chromecast, Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, and Xbox One.
TBS has a certain number of unlocked content available for free streaming. This means you don’t need to sign in to watch some of your favorite programs. Instead, to enjoy unlimited content, sign in with your TV provider.