Sling TV is a popular streaming television service managed by Sling TV LLC, a subsidiary of Dish Network.
This multichannel service aims to match video-on-demand subscription service for cord-cutters, providing a range of popular cable channels and OTT-based services that you can stream using smart TVs, mobile applications, and media players.
If you want to access the Sling app on streaming devices such as Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, or Android TV, you will first need to install the Sling app and then activate it at sling.com/activate.
Guide to Activate Sling App at sling.com/activate
To know how to install & activate the Sling app on your streaming device, go through the information provided below.
How to Start Your Sling TV Subscription
If you already have a subscription to Sling services, you can skip this part and proceed with the activation process below. However, follow these steps if you want to sign up for a Sling subscription.
- Open the Sling registration page.
- Enter your email address and password in the provided field and click the CONTINUE button.
- Depending on your preferred channel choice, you can select from the different Base Services options (Sling Orange | Sling Blue | Orange & Blue) displayed on your screen.
- Tap the Select button for your desired option.
- If you scroll down, you will find that the DVR Free option is included by default.
- Also, you can add more channels to your selected package in the Extras section.
- Once you have added the package and other channels you need, click on the CHECK OUT button.
- On the next screen, add your billing information. You can make a payment using your Credit Card or Express Payment (PayPal or Amazon Pay) option.
- After that, click the Finish & Submit button and follow the on-screen instructions to complete your subscription process.
Your Sling Subscription will begin with a three-day free trial. After the free trial, you will be charged according to the chosen package. If you wish to cancel your Sling subscription without being charged, do it before the trial period ends.
Once you have a Sling subscription, proceed with the following activation process.
Activate the Sling TV app on Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the home screen of your Amazon Fire TV.
- Open the Find section.
- Search for the Sling app.
- Select Get to download and install the Sling app on Fire TV.
- Once installed, select Open to launch the app.
- On the next screen, select the Sign In option.
- You will see a 5-digit code for activation.
- Now, open a browser on another device and visit sling.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and tap Continue.
- Then, choose from the given options – I’m signing up for Sling TV | I’m signing in to Sling TV.
- Use your Sling TV credentials to sign in.
- Sling TV is now active on your Fire TV.
sling.com/activate Apple TV
- Navigate to your Apple TV home screen and launch the App Store.
- In the App Store, browse through the list of apps to find the Sling app or use the search option.
- Once you find the app, tap the Get button.
- The app will begin installing on your Apple TV.
- When installed, press Open to launch the Sling app on Apple TV.
- Select the Sign In option inside the app.
- You will get a unique registration code on your TV screen.
- Keep the screen visible and open sling.com/activate on your phone/PC browser.
- Enter the code on the activation page and click CONTINUE.
- Then, select I’m signing in to Sling TV if you have a Sling account. Otherwise, select the I’m signing up for Sling TV to create an account.
- Once signed in, you can start watching Sling channels on your Apple TV.
- From the home screen of your Roku device, select the Streaming Channels option.
- Next, select the Search option and type “Sling” in the search field.
- Then, select the Sling app from the search results.
- Select Add Channel to install the app on Roku.
- Launch the Sling app on Roku.
- On the app screen, select the Sign In option. You will see a 5-digit activation code.
- Now, open the Sling activation page – sling.com/activate.
- Enter the code in the boxes and press the CONTINUE button.
- Sign in with your Sling account to verify your subscription.
- After successful verification, the Sling app will be activated on your Roku device.
Activate on Android TV
- Go to Apps > Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- Look for the Sling app using the search bar in the Play Store.
- When found, select the app and press the Install button.
- After installation, select Open to launch the Sling app on Android TV.
- Inside the app, select Sign In.
- A one-time authentication code, along with instructions, will appear on your screen.
- Now, visit sling.com/activate on a browser.
- Enter your code and tap the Continue button.
- Sign in using your Sling TV login credentials. If you don’t have a Sling account, select I’m signing up for Sling TV.
- Return to your Android TV and find yourself logged into the Sling app.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate the Sling app on your Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, and Android TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
The activation code to link the Sling app to your streaming device is not case-sensitive. However, the code is time-sensitive, so you must use it before it expires.
Your Sling app activation code should remain valid for 10 to 15 minutes. If your code has expired, you will receive an error message at sling.com/activate. Then, re-launch the Sling app and tap the Sign In option again to receive a new code.
After signing in and entering the code, the Sing app will take seconds to activate on your streaming device.
You can change your Sling subscription easily by signing in at sling.com/account using the email address and password you used to create your account.