August 31, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Get Roku Secret Menu?
Roku is one of the best streaming devices available in the market. Not only does it have a plethora of applications and channels in the Channel Store, but it also comes with numerous features and functionalities, making it one of the best streaming players. Well, if you are already using Roku, you would know that one can’t get enough of it. With just a few clicks using your remote, you can stream your favorite music, movies, and TV shows directly on your TVs. You can watch your favorite channels like Netflix, Amazon Prime, or HBO Go, or search for exactly what you wish to access according to the title, actor, or director. For this, you need to use the Roku mobile app using the new voice search or the remote. However, no matter if you are using the latest version of Roku or a couple of generations older, there are numerous tips and tricks that you can learn about Roku to make your streaming experience better.
For example, there are certain secret menus that you can use to access different features of Roku using the remote. However, one should be aware that incorrectly using these secret menus can affect the settings and may need you to factory reset your device in case you are not careful when trying to use these secret menus.
Secret Menu That You Can Use in Roku
Before you go through the below-mentioned information to access the Roku secret menu, it is recommended to know the different key buttons on the remote. While the directional arrows button corresponds with the direction in which the user wants to browse through the screen options, like left, right, up, and down, another most useful button provided on the Roku remote is the Home button(located at the top left of the remote). Apart from these, other key buttons useful in these menus are the Reverse Scan (which helps in rewinding), Forward Scan (which helps in forwarding a video), and Play/Pause (to play or pause a video) button.
Now to know the secret menu of Roku, here are the codes that you can consider.
- The first secret menu involves pressing the Home button on your Roku remote 5 times, followed by pressing the Fast Forward (FF) button 3 times and then pressing the Rewind (RW) button 2 times. Doing so will allow you to factory reset your Roku device, perform a USB test, and update the server or software for your device.
- In the second secret menu, you will need to press the Home icon button on your Roku remote 5 times, followed by pressing the Up direction and then pressing the Rewind but ton two times, and the Fast Forward button 2 times. When you press these buttons, it will make you reboot your Roku device.
- For the third secret menu, you will need to press the Home icon button 5 times and then press the Up, Down, Up–Down, Up buttons on your Roku remote. This secret code will display a secret Wi-Fi menu on your Roku-connected TV screen and lets you check things like signal strength.
- The fourth secret menu on your Roku device will need you to press the Home icon button 5 times, and then Fast Forward, Rewind, Down, and then the Fast Forward This secret menu will allow you to have access to a hidden antenna menu on your Roku device.
- The fifth secret menu will need you to press the Home icon button 5 times, Rewind button 3 times, and Fast Forward button 2 times. Doing so will bring up a bit rate menu on your screen where you will be able to see quality settings and configure bitrates.
- In the sixth secret menu, you will need to press the Home icon button 3 times, and then the Up button 2 times, the Left, Right, Right, and Left buttons. This secret menu code will allow you to have access to the channel info menu on your screen.
- This secret menu will require you to press the Home icon button 3 times, and then the Up button 2 times, Right > Left > Right > Left > Right button. Doing sill will allow you to get to the developer mode on your screen.
- In this secret menu, you will need to press the Home icon button 5 times, and then Up > Right > Up > Right > Down > Left > Up button. This hidden code will let you remove auto-pair, cycle ad-banner, cycle screenshot, and log theme info from your screen.
So, these are the different Roku secret menus that you can try to make your Roku experience more engaging.