If you want to watch CBS shows like East New York, Fire Country, FBI, 60 Minutes, and The Twilight Zone on your streaming device or smart TV, follow this guide to install and activate the CBS TV app using your TV provider credentials.
CBS, short for Columbia Broadcasting System, is an American television network that has remained popular for many decades due to its varied and captivating content.
Moreover, CBS has a dedicated TV Everywhere app available on all leading streaming devices, including Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV. With the CBS app installed on your TV-connected device, you can watch your favorite shows and live TV channels anytime.
Important Note: Installing the CBS app doesn’t grant you full access to all content. To watch live TV and some on-demand shows, you’ll need to activate the channel on your device via a cable or satellite TV subscription that includes CBS or a Paramount+ subscription.
Guide to Activate CBS App on Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and FireStick
Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV support the latest CBS app. Before installing and activating CBS on your streaming device, ensure the latter is updated to the newest version. Here are the devices compatible with the CBS TV app –
- Apple TV (4th generation and higher)
- Android TV or Google TV
- Fire TV, FireStick, & Fire Cube
- Roku or Roku TV (all versions)
If you already own a digital streaming device, let us tell you how to activate CBS on your streaming device through this guide.
Activate CBS on Roku at cbs.com/tv/roku
Roku users can install the CBS app from the Channel Store. Here’s how to get the CBS app on Roku.
- Power on your Roku TV and access the home screen.
- Navigate to the Streaming Channels option.
- Under it, select the Search Channels option.
- You need to search for the CBS app.
- Once the app turns up, click the Add Channel button.
- After adding the channel app on Roku, launch it.
- Select the Sign in with TV Provider option to generate an activation code.
- Once you have the code, open cbs.com/tv/roku on a computer or mobile device.
- Enter the code and click Activate.
- Select your TV provider and sign in to your service provider account.
Within seconds, your Roku screen will load automatically. You can now watch CBS programming on your Roku-connected TV.
Steps to Activate CBS on FireStick (cbs.com/tv/firetv)
Amazon’s Fire TV is an excellent choice for streaming CBS All Access. The only way to enjoy CBS on Fire TV is to activate the app via cbs.com/tv/firetv.
- Go to the App Store on your Fire TV and install the CBS app.
- Launch the app to get hold of a unique activation code.
- Leave the screen visible as you access cbs.com/tv/firetv on another device.
- Enter the code from your TV and click Activate.
- Now, choose your TV provider and enter the sign-in details.
After successful activation, you can now watch the latest episodes of your favorite CBS shows anytime on your FireStick device.
How to Activate CBS.com TV on Android TV
To install & activate CBS on Android TV,
- Go to the Play Store on your Android TV.
- Look for the CBS app.
- Download & install the app and launch it.
- Select Continue under the Sign in with TV Provider option.
- You will get a unique activation code on your TV screen.
- Now go to cbs.com/tv/androidtv on a phone or PC.
- Enter the code and ensure you aren’t making a typo error.
- Click Activate and select your service provider.
- Sign in using your cable provider details to begin streaming CBS on Android TV.
Cbs.com/tv/appletv – Activate CBS on Apple TV
If you own a 4th generation or higher Apple TV, you can install the CBS app from the App Store. After installing it, you need to generate a unique activation code and use it to activate CBS on Apple TV at cbs.com/tv/appletv.
Refer to the steps below for a hassle-free activation process.
- Turn on your Apple TV and access the main screen.
- Go to the App Store from the home screen.
- Access the Search icon and type CBS.
- Select the CBS app when it appears on the TV screen.
- Click the Get button to install the app.
- Launch the app on your Apple TV after installation.
- Inside the app, select Sign in with TV Provider.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- A 5-digit activation code will appear on the TV screen.
- Visit cbs.com/tv/appletv on another device and enter the code from your Apple TV.
- Click the Next button and sign in with your TV provider credentials.
You are now ready to stream CBS on Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can if your TV provider has CBS in its channel lineup.
If you have a Smart TV, you can install the CBS app from the app store. Once installed, launch the app to generate an activation code and then use the code to activate your device.
Streaming services like fuboTV, Hulu with Live TV, DIRECTV STREAM, and YouTube TV offer CBS in their packages.