April 5, 2021 / Activate Guide
att.com/microcell-activate – Thinking to Get AT&T MicroCell? Learn How to Activate It
Wondering how to boost your AT&T cell phone signal if you work from home and want an improved signal for messaging, voice call, text, etc? Consider getting hold of an AT&T MicroCell equipment. The device acts like a mini cell tower that helps you to create a strong, secure, and shareable signal by connecting to your Internet service. Before you could start using the device, your AT&T MicroCell needs to be installed and activated online at att.com/microcell-activate.
With your AT&T MicroCell equipment, you can do a wide range of things including –
- Use up to 4 AT&T 3G or 4G phones or data sessions simultaneously.
- Use the minutes and data from your current broadband plan.
- Extend coverage up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- Approve the use of up to 15 active wireless numbers (AT&T Prepaid).
How to install and Activate AT&T MicroCell at att.com/microcell-activate?
In this section, you will come across a step-by-step process to complete the activation of your AT&T MicroCell equipment at at&t.com/microcell-activate. You must take note of the Serial Number of your MicroCell device and keep details like your AT&T access ID, username, password, etc. ready beforehand. The MicroCell device works with most broadband carriers. The downstream speed up to 1.5 Mbps and the upstream speed of 256 Kbps are highly recommended. Please note that MicroCell is not compatible with satellite or wireless broadband.
- To get started, you must connect your device to your home Wi-Fi router to establish an Internet connection.
- You will next need to place the device upright (near the router), 3 feet near the window.
- Make sure you are not placing it in the closet or the basement.
- After you are sure that you have found an ideal spot for the device, look for the yellow Ethernet cable (this should be there in the box with the MicroCell).
- You need to plug one end into the yellow connector marked Ethernet on the device and the other end into a free port on the broadband router.
- Once the AT&T MicroCell device is connected to the router, you need to connect the AC power adapter to the MicroCell device and the power outlet.
- On your computer, go to com/microcell-activate.
- Locate and click on the “Activate” button.
- Select “Personal” or “Business” (this tutorial explains “Personal Account”).
- Click on the “Next” button.
- If prompted, enter your myAT&T username and password.
- Click on the “Log In” option.
- Click on the “Next” button after reading the Terms & Conditions.
- Click on the “Next” button after reading the License agreement/ open-source information.
- Click on the “Next” button after entering your device serial number.
- Provide your Location and Identification information and select the “Next” button.
- Click “Next” to review your device setup information.
- If you are fine with the given setup information, click “Submit”.
- Click “Continue” after confirming the device setup information.
The activation process has started. It would take hardly 90 minutes to complete activation. That’s it!
Technical Issues in AT&T MicroCell and Their Troubleshooting Tips
You have started making the most of the MicroCell equipment. This is great as long as you don’t face issues like poor voice quality or dropped calls. Here are some of the main reasons why you should come across such an issue and how you should troubleshoot the problem.
If your AT&T MicroCell is located –
- In a closet or cabinet, get it out, and move it into a more open area.
- On the floor, you must look for a table or desk to place the same.
- Adjacent to another router, make sure there’s a one-foot gap between the devices.
If the device is located near the microwave, couch, or a flat-panel TV, you are likely to face signal issues. Find a good, open location!
In case of status lights flash, you need to restart your MicroCell equipment. This can be done by unplugging the power cord for 10 seconds. This will then fix the Network Light issue. If the issues are with the Network and GPS Lights, carry your equipment to a place where it gets a solid GPS light.
Another issue that you might encounter is that your smartphone doesn’t display the device. When it doesn’t show the MicroCell equipment on your phone, you need to restart your phone. If it fails to bring a solution, you may try restarting the AT&T MicroCell equipment. If that doesn’t prove fruitful, dial the AT&T Customer Care Service Number.