The Bank of Montreal is a Canadian multinational investment bank and financial services company headquartered in Montreal. BMO is among the Big Five banks in Canada and is the 4th largest bank in the country by market capitalization and assets and among the top 10 largest banks in North America.
In Canada, the bank has over seven million customers and more than 900 branches. Besides regular banking services, BMO is known for providing customers with credit cards with numerous benefits. If you have recently received your BMO credit card, you will need to activate it online on bmo.com/activate before using it for purchases and payments. To know how to activate your new BMO card, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Activate BMO Credit Card on bmo.com/activate
Before following the BMO credit card activation instructions mentioned below, make sure to keep your card details handy, as you will be prompted to provide them for activation and verification purposes.
- To begin with, open a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet and go to the BMO Card activation page using the URL – bmo.com/activate.
- On the activation page, provide your Card details such as –
- Your 16 digit card number
- Expiration date (MM | YY)
- Security code
Note: Make sure to enter each detail correctly to proceed further.
- Once you are done entering the required details in the relevant fields, press NEXT.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the BMO card activation process.
- After completing the BMO card activation process, you will be able to use your credit card for making desired purchases and payments.
So, these are the steps that you can follow to activate your BMO credit card at www.bmo.com/activate. If you are not able to activate your new BMO card by following the above instructions, reach BMO customer support for assistance. To know how to contact BMO customer support for help, follow the below instructions.
- Open www.bmo.com on a web browser.
- On the homepage of the BMO website, scroll down to the bottom and select Support. Now this will direct you to the BMO support page.
- On the support page, select the Online support tool. Doing so will direct you to the next screen, where you will need to go through the on-screen information to find assistance for the activation of your BMO card.
- Alternatively, you can also reach BMO customer support at 1 844 837 9228.
- If you lost your BMO card or it got stolen, you can easily report it by following the information provided under Report a lost or stolen card section.
- Apart from assistance on the BMO card activation, you can also seek help for any other problem related to the BMO service.
- You can also browse through the Frequently Asked Questions section on the support page.
BMO Credit Card Activation – FAQs
Q. How do I activate my new credit card?
You can activate it online at www.bmo.com/activate.
- On the activation page, enter your 16-digit card number, security code, and expiration date.
- Click the Next.
- Follow a couple of steps to activate your card.
Q. How do I activate BMO Online Banking?
A credit card customer or a personal banking customer can register with BMO Debit Card by accessing Register for Online Banking and clicking the Register Online option. (It should be under For BMO Debit Card Holders.)
Q. Can I check my BMO MasterCard statement online?
Yes, you surely can!
- Click My Account.
- You need to choose your Credit Card account.
- Now, click the option View eStatements.
Q. What is the quickest way to seek professional help or talk to a customer agent at BMO?
You can easily book an appointment or schedule a call. Or, you may call BMO at 1-877-225-5266. Another way to speak to a real person at BMO is to visit a branch.