August 18, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Activate New BMO Card on bmo.com /activate?
Last updated on October 11th, 2021
The Bank of Montreal is a Canadian multinational investment bank and financial services company having its head office in Montreal. BMO is among the Big Five banks in Canada and is the 4th largest bank in the country by market capitalization and assets and among the top 10 largest banks in North America. In Canada, the bank is known for operating as BMO Bank of Montreal and having over seven million customers and more than 900 branches. Besides regular banking services, BMO is known for providing customers with credit cards with numerous benefits. If you have recently received your BMO credit card from the bank, before you can use it for purchases and payments, you will need to activate it on the bmo.com/activate page. To know how to activate the BMO card on the bmo.com/activate page, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Activate BMO Card on the bmo.com/activate Page
NOTE: Before following the activation instructions mentioned below to activate your BMO credit card, make sure to keep your card details handy. This is because you are most likely to be prompted to provide it for activation and verification purposes.
- To begin with, you will first need to open a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet and go to the BMO Card activation page using the URL – bmo.com/activate.
- Once you are on the activation page of BMO Card, you will be prompted to provide your Card details such as –
- Your 16 digit card number
- Expiration date (MM | YY)
- Security code
NOTE: Make sure to enter each detail correctly to proceed further.
- Once you are done entering the required details in the relevant fields of your screen, you will need to press the NEXT.
- As you press the Next button, you will be directed to the next screen, where you will need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the BMO card activation process.
- Once you are done completing the card activation process for your BMO card, you will be able to use your credit card for making desired purchases and payments.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate your BMO credit card on the bmo.com/activate page. If you cannot activate your BMO card by following the instructions provided above, you can reach BMO customer support for assistance. To know how to contact BMO customer support for help, follow the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to the home page of BMO using the URL – https://www.bmo.com/.
- Once you are on the homepage of BMO on your web browser, you will need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Support. This will direct you to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to select the Online support tool. Doing so will direct you to the next screen, where you will need to go through the on-screen information to find assistance for the activation of your BMO card.
- Alternatively, you can also reach BMO customer support for assistance by calling BMO customer care phone number 1 844 837 9228.
- If you ever lose your BMO card or it gets stolen, you can report it easily by pressing the steps option under Report a lost or stolen card section and following the information provided on the subsequent screen.
- Apart from assistance regarding the activation process of your BMO card, if you wish to seek assistance for any other problem related to the BMO service you are using, you can use the above-mentioned suggestions and browse through the Frequently Asked Questions section on the Support.
And, this is how you can contact BMO customer support to seek assistance regarding the activation process of your BMO credit card.