With an Amazon Prime membership, you enjoy a plethora of perks. While taking advantage of free two-day shipping and using AmazonFresh for groceries are quite common, some prefer to use the membership by listening to Amazon music or catching a new show or web series. If your eyes light up when seeing a TV series or movie to binge, Amazon has thousands of hours of amazing shows lineup.
Moreover, the exclusive Amazon originals have intriguing storylines that keep you glued to the screen. It would be hard to resist if you have recently started watching a new season with a great plot. However, many users have lately encountered an error code that prevents them complete their favorite series in a go. If you, too, face the issue and wish to get rid of it, we will discuss how to fix Amazon Prime Video error code 5004 so that you can binge on your favorite shows.
Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004 – Its Causes
Running into an error will only hinder your Prime Video experience, which you don’t like at all. You first need to understand what this error is.
The Amazon Prime Video error code 5004 is an authentication error that occasionally pops out while signing in to the Amazon Prime account. When the error turns up on the screen, it doesn’t let the user access their account and stream content. The authentication error might pop out due to the following reasons –
- Corrupted cookies and cache data
- Poor or unreliable Wi-Fi network
- Antivirus and other security software
- Proxy or VPN or firewall
- If the Prime Video app is not updated.
- Temporary errors or bugs in the app
Fixing these issues will automatically fix the error code 5004.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004 – Troubleshooting Methods
Check these troubleshooting methods below and fix the Amazon Prime Video error code 5004.
- Fix Unreliable Internet Connection: Let’s begin with your Internet connection and ensure it is working fine. If your Internet shows some connectivity issues or you come across fluctuations, you are surely likely to see the error code 5004. Run a speed test to make sure the speed is good and stable. Get in touch with your ISP immediately to get rid of the problem.
- Uninstall Security Programs: Security software protects your system from hackers and online intruders. However, they have the potential to create issues by not letting you access your favorite Prime shows. Programs like VPN, firewalls, proxy and other antivirus software may prevent or block the connection, thus resulting in a sign-in error. You can either uninstall or disable them until your primary job is done.
- Delete Cookies and Cache Files of Your Browser: Are you using a computer browser to sign in to your Prime Video account? Consider getting rid of the cache files and cookies. When you clear the corrupted files, you can enjoy an uninterrupted service.
- Reinstall the App: Using the app on streaming platforms to watch videos and shows? Can’t access your account due to the 5004 error code? Delete the app from your device and reinstall it by following the correct steps.
- Log in with Correct Credentials: While using the credentials – email address and password – to sign in to your Prime Video account, you need to be careful. Entering the wrong details may bring the error code on the screen. So, type the details correctly to avoid any unwanted errors.
- Reset Your Password: Are you able to sign in to your Prime account? If yes, you need to log into your Amazon Prime account. Or, click here to access the Forgot Your Password page. Enter your mobile number or email address and click the CONTINUE button. Follow the on-screen instructions to reset your password.
If the error persists, you may sneak into the Prime Video forum or just contact Amazon customer support.