A Microsoft account allows you to sign in to various Microsoft services and devices, including Outlook.com, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox Live, and Windows. It consists of a combination of an email address and password that you use to access these services.
To use Microsoft products, you must verify your identity by logging in and linking your Microsoft account at the official Microsoft account linking page – www.microsoft.com/link.
Why Link Your Microsoft Accounts to Xbox?
Whether you’re an experienced gamer or a newcomer to the Xbox world, linking your Microsoft account to your console is crucial for unlocking a world of possibilities.
By linking your Microsoft account, you can unlock a wealth of benefits.
- Cross-platform gaming: Access your purchased games on Xbox and PC, and continue playing from where you left off on any device.
- Cloud saves: Don’t worry about losing your game progress again! With the new cloud-saving feature, you can save your game data to the cloud and access it from any device linked to your Microsoft account.
- Achievements and Gamertag: Personalize your online presence and share your achievements using a unique Gamertag.
- Multiplayer access: Join your friends in online games and conquer challenges together.
- Xbox Live Gold: Access online multiplayer, exclusive discounts, and bonus games with an Xbox Live Gold subscription.
What is microsoft.com/link?
microsoft.com/link is a URL that directs you to the official Microsoft account linking page. This page is specifically designed for users to connect their Microsoft accounts with various services, devices, or applications.
Microsoft takes security seriously, so it uses MFA (multifactor authentication). It adds an additional layer of security (protection) to the sign-in process. Sometimes your Microsoft account or app doesn’t support MFA. In that case, you will have to use a code generated by your app/ device at microsoft.com/link to access your account.
By visiting the URL and following the instructions below, you can connect your Microsoft account and the desired service, enabling seamless integration and access across different platforms.
How to Connect Your Microsoft Account at microsoft.com/link
Linking your Microsoft account typically refers to the process of connecting a Microsoft account (such as an Outlook.com, Hotmail.com, or Live.com email address) to other Microsoft services, such as Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive, and Windows 10.
By linking your account, you can use a single sign-in and password to access multiple Microsoft services and easily manage your account settings and preferences.
To link your Microsoft account, visit the Link Microsoft account page at www.microsoft.com/link and enter the code displayed on your app or device. After entering the code, sign in with your email address and password for your existing Microsoft account to verify your identity. Once your account is linked, you can use other Microsoft services and features.
Steps to Link Microsoft Account to Your Xbox Console
Microsoft’s Xbox has over 100 high-quality games you can play with friends. But you must sign in to your Xbox account on your preferred platform to play your favorite games.
If you want to play Rocket League on Xbox One, here’s how you can sign in and play this vehicular soccer video game.
- Turn on your Xbox gaming console.
- Access your game home screen.
- Click the option that says Sign in with a Microsoft Account.
- You will now see a unique 8-digit code and the URL – microsoft.com/link.
- You will also have instructions on your screen to use the link to sign in and enjoy the game.
- Access another device (phone or computer) and open the link.
- Enter the microsoft.com link code displayed on your app or device.
- After entering the code, click the Next button.
- Now, sign in using your Microsoft account credentials.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to access your Microsoft account.
Note: Microsoft will warn you about using the code on the authorized link – microsoft.com/link.
Once your Xbox console is linked to your Microsoft account, you can access your Xbox Live profile, achievements, and other Xbox Live features on your console. You’ll also be able to use your Microsoft account to sign in to other Microsoft services on your Xbox, such as OneDrive and Skype.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the above link is a legit site. However, when you open the link, you will have a warning from Microsoft.
You need to use the link to sign in to apps that don’t support multifactor authentication. Your app or device will generate a code, and you must access microsoft.com/link to sign in.
When you sign in to your Xbox console to play your favorite, it will prompt you to choose Controller or Use another device. Select the ‘Use another device’ option to a microsoft.com link code. Grab your PC or phone and open the URL. Next, enter the code that lets you log into your console remotely.
Select the Add New option (if no one is signed in) and follow the on-screen instructions. If somebody is already signed in, you can navigate to Profile & System and click the Add or Switch option. You can then select Add New. Then, stick to the on-screen instructions to sign in to your Xbox Console.
If you encounter any technical issues, you can let us know in the comment section. We will try to address the issue in our upcoming blog. Or else, you can contact Microsoft directly.