Chicago’s top news and streaming video service, WGN-TV, is now available on streaming platforms, including Apple TV, Roku, Android TV, and Amazon Fire TV.
Apart from broadcasting scheduled live newscasts and other WGN programming, the WGN-TV app is known for featuring in-depth coverage, clips of the day’s top videos, live breaking news, a vast archive, and several other WGN-TV exclusives.
If you own a streaming device and want to watch WGN-TV, the process is pretty simple. All you need to do is download and install the WGN-TV on-to-go streaming app from the app store of your streaming device.
Guide to Access WGN-TV on Streaming Devices
By installing the WGN-TV app on your streaming device, you will be able to get local and breaking news, live newscasts, full forecast details, and read stories from throughout the country (especially the Chicago region).
WGN-TV on Apple TV
- Search for the WGN TV app in the App Store.
- Tap the Get button to install the app.
- Wait for the app to get installed on your Apple TV.
- Next, click Open to launch the app after installation.
- You can now watch WGN-TV on your Apple TV.
How to Watch WGN-TV App on Roku
- Go to the home screen of your Roku device.
- Next, scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option.
- Under the Streaming Channels section, select the Search/Search Channels option.
- Type “WGN-TV +” in the search field using the virtual keypad.
- Select the app from the search results and tap the Add channel button.
- The app will begin to install on your Roku device.
- Once installed, launch the app and start watching the desired content.
Access WGN-TV on Android TV
- Navigate to the home screen of your Android TV.
- Select the Apps option from the home screen.
- Under the Apps section, select the Google Play Store option.
- Next, search for the WGN-TV app in the Play Store.
- Once found, select the app and tap the Install button.
- The application will begin installing on your Android TV.
- After successful installation, tap the Open option to launch the app.
- You will then be able to access the programming of WGN-TV on your Android TV.
Get WGN-TV on Amazon Fire TV
- Select the Find option from your Fire TV home screen.
- Next, look for the WGN-TV app using the search.
- Once you locate the app, press the Get option.
- Wait for the app to get installed on your Fire TV.
- After adding the app, tap Open to launch it.
- You should now be able to watch the latest news, weather reports, etc., from the WGN-TV app on your Fire TV.
Alternative Ways to Watch WGN-TV
If you do not wish to install the WGN-TV app on your streaming device due to any reason, you can still watch it on your TV screen through screen mirroring.
NOTE: Ensure that you have connected both your devices (one from which mirroring and the second on which mirroring) to the same WiFi network before proceeding with the screen mirroring.
- Swipe down to the notification bar of your Android device.
- Select the Cast option.
- If prompted, turn on the WiFi, Bluetooth, or Location Services to use casting.
- Your Android device will begin searching for devices nearby.
- Once you see the list of available devices for casting, select your device’s name.
- You can then play the WGN-TV app content on your Android device and start watching it on your TV screen.
How to Watch WGN-TV on Streaming Services?
In addition to the methods mentioned above, you can watch WGN-TV on your device through the following streaming media services:
If you use any of these applications, you can instantly access the WGN-TV programming on your streaming device.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Select Settings.
– In the Settings section, select the My Fire TV option.
– Next, click on the About option.
– Then, select Check for Updates or Install Update.
– If an update is available, install it.
Whether you wish to access WGN-TV through the website or using a streaming device, you don’t need a TV subscription to get access to WGN-TV.
Visit wgntv.com/on-air/program-schedule for a complete WGN-TV schedule.
For any closed captioning inquiries, you can contact WGN-TV using the following options:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 73 883 4320