Rakuten Viki, commonly known as Viki, is a video streaming website known for streaming premium licensed content similar to the Hulu app in the US. Viki is the first platform offering real-time subtitling and sharing of all kinds of videos.
If you want to access Viki on Roku, you must install the Viki app from the Roku channel store and activate it at viki.com/roku using your Viki login credentials.
Viki app is also compatible with other streaming devices such as Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV. You can also watch Viki on your Android or iOS mobile devices by installing the app.
Viki Official Activation Links
Roku – viki.com/roku
Fire TV – viki.com/firetv
Apple TV – viki.com/appletv
Android TV- viki.com/androidtv
In order to watch Viki on your mobile device, open the Viki app and sign in using your Viki account credentials.
Complete Guide to Activate Viki on Streaming Devices
If you have any supported streaming device like Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, or Fire TV, follow the information below to access Viki app on your respective device.
Before following the activation steps, ensure you have the following prerequisites.
- A stable internet connection.
- Updated streaming device.
- A second device (phone/pc) to access the Viki activation page.
- Rakuten Viki account credentials.
Activate Viki on Roku at viki.com/roku
Viki app is available on Roku devices with OS 9 or above. So, before you follow the activation instructions below, make sure that your device is running with the latest updates.
To update your Roku device:
- Access Settings from your Roku device home screen.
- Under the Settings section, select the System option.
- Next, tap on the System update option.
- Here, select Check Now to find the updates.
- If available, install the updates and restart your device (if required).
After updating your Roku device, follow the steps below to activate your Viki app on Roku –
- Visit the Streaming Channels section on your Roku device from the main screen.
- Next, select the Search option and use the virtual keypad to search for the Viki TV app.
- Select the app from the search results and click Add channel button to initiate installation.
- Once installed, launch the Viki app on Roku.
- Inside the app, select the Sign in to continue option.
- You will see an alpha-numeric code and activation link on your TV screen.
- Visit viki.com/roku on a computer or mobile browser.
- Press Log in and enter your email address & password.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV and click Link Now button.
- Your TV screen will update within a few seconds and direct you to the main screen of the Viki app.
That’s it! By following these quick 10 steps, you will be able to enjoy the desired content from the Viki app on your Roku device.
Steps to Activate Viki on Apple TV via viki.com/appletv
You can access the Viki app on your 4th Generation+ Apple TV. However, if you have a lower-generation Apple TV, the app may either fail to install or might not perform as expected.
Refer to the instructions below to install and activate the Viki app on your Apple TV.
- Access the App Store app on your Apple TV.
- Use the Search option to locate the Viki app.
- Next, press the Get button to download and install the app on your Apple TV.
- Then, press Open to launch the app.
- From the welcome screen, select the Sign in to continue option.
- Your TV screen will display a unique code to link your device.
- Now that you have the code visit viki.com/appletv on another device.
- Tap Log in and sign in to your Viki account using the relevant login credentials.
- Enter the code in the given field and click the Link Now button.
The Viki app is now active on your Apple TV.
Viki App Activation on Android TV at viki.com/androidtv
Get access to all your favorite subtitles Asian Dramas, TV Shows, and Movies from Japan, Korea, Thailand, Mainland China, and Taiwan on your Android TV. If you have a Viki Pass subscription, you can also enjoy access to exclusive content, HD Quality, with no ads.
Let’s know how to activate the Viki app on your Android TV.
- Access the Apps section on your Android TV and launch the Play Store app.
- Search for the VIKI app and select it from the search results.
- Then, tap the Install button to download & install the app on Android TV.
- When installed, launch the app by pressing the Open button.
- On the next screen, select the Sign in to continue option.
- Your TV screen will present you with an alpha-numeric code.
- Now, visit viki.com/androidtv on a separate device.
- Sign in with your Viki account credentials.
- Enter the code on the activation page and click Link Now option.
The Viki app is now successfully activated on your Android TV.
Tips to Activate Viki on Fire TV at viki.com/firetv
Here’s what you need to do to activate Viki on Amazon Fire TV –
- Open the Find section on your Fire TV.
- Use the Search option to find the VIKI app.
- Tap the Get button to install the app.
- When installed, tap Open to launch the Viki app on Fire TV.
- Select the Sign in to continue option to fetch the activation code.
- Open a web browser on your laptop or phone and access viki.com/firetv.
- Enter your Viki account credentials to log in.
- Then, enter the activation code and click Link Now.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
Your Amazon Fire TV is now ready to stream the Viki app.
How to Create an Account with Rakuten Viki?
You need Viki sign-in credentials to activate the app on your device. So if you already have an account, skip to the activation process. Otherwise, refer to these steps to quickly sign up for one.
- Visit Rakuten Viki sign-up page on a web browser.
- Select the desired options from the given ones:
- Continue with Google
- Continue with Facebook
- Continue with Apple
- Continue with Rakuten
- Continue with Email
- If prompted, provide additional details such as Name, Email, Password, Birth Date, etc., to complete the sign-up process.
- After successful email verification, your Viki account will get active.
How can I change the language of the Viki app?
This feature is not supported by streaming devices such as Android TV, Apple TV, Fire TV, or Roku. Instead, follow these steps if you wish to use this feature on iOS or Android.
When you don’t have another keyboard language installed:
- Delete the Viki app.
- Navigate to iOS Settings > General > Language & Region
- Change the iPhone Language to your preferred one.
- Then, download the app again.
- The language should be changed now.
When you have another keyboard language installed:
- Go to your device’s Settings > Viki.
- Next, change your preferred language.
- Relaunch the Viki app.
- Go to Settings > General Management > Language on your Android device.
- Choose the desired language.
- Next, touch and hold the arrow icon of the language and drag it to the top of the list.
- Then, exit the Viki app and relaunch it.
- This should change the language of your Viki app.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can write Timed Comment on streaming devices like Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, and Roku. Also, you can only read Timed Comments on Android TV and Fire TV. You can also access this feature via the web and mobile devices (Android and iOS).
Numerous websites are available online that can help you know your internet speed. You can also install a reliable app, such as Speed Test by Ookla, Speed Test Master, etc., to quickly test the speed. If you are using a mobile device, note that the signal strength might affect the result of your internet speed test.
This error message implies that you are using VPN, Proxy, or Unblocker service to access the Viki app. If you are in the permitted region, try connecting your regular internet connection without VPN/Proxy/Unblocker service.