YouTube is a hub for almost all kinds of videos you love to watch. The video-sharing platform primarily features Movies, Songs, Commentary, Product Reviews, Vlogs, Tutorials, Reactions, Challenges, Q&A, and more.
With more than 2.3 Billion users worldwide, YouTube is a must-have app to install on your device.
The YouTube app is available on all streaming platforms like Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox, Nintendo, PlayStation, Chromecast, Roku, TiVo, Chromecast, Android phones, iOS, and many more.
If you wish to get the YouTube app on such streaming devices, you will need to first download and install the YouTube app from the relevant application store and then activate the app at youtube.com/activate.
Guide to Activate the YouTube App at youtube.com/activate
Find the activation process below for most of the streaming devices mentioned above.
Activate YouTube App on Roku
- Navigate to the Streaming channels section from your Roku home menu.
- In the Streaming channels section, search for the YouTube app.
- Once you find the app, select it and tap the Add Channel button.
- Wait for the app to get installed on your Roku device.
- Now, tap the Go to channel button to launch the app.
- Select the Sign-in option from the left-hand panel.
- Next, tap the Sign in with a web browser option.
- A code will display on your screen along with activation instructions.
- On another device, launch a browser and open youtube.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and click Next.
- Then, sign in with your YouTube (Google) account credentials.
- Your Roku device is now linked to your YouTube account.
Activate YouTube on Amazon Fire TV
- Select the Find option from the main screen of your Fire TV.
- In the search field, type YouTube.
- Select the YouTube app from the search results and tap the Get option.
- The app will begin installing on your Fire TV.
- Tap Open after installation to launch the app.
- Next, select the Sign In > Sign in with a web browser option.
- A one-time activation code and URL (youtube.com/activate) will appear on your screen.
- Now, open the activation URL using a second device’s browser.
- Enter the code in the given field and click the Next button.
- Then, sign in to your YouTube account.
- You will then have access to your YouTube account on your Fire TV.
Activate YouTube App On Xbox Gaming Console
- Go to the home screen of your Xbox Gaming Console.
- Open the application store (Apps | Store).
- In the application store, look for the YouTube app.
- Next, install the app and launch it.
- Then, select the Sign In > Sign in with a web browser option.
- You will see a one-time unique code on your screen.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer or mobile device and visit the YouTube activation page – youtube.com/activate.
- Please enter the code given to you by your device to link it to your YouTube account and press the Next button.
- Then, sign in to your YouTube account and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- YouTube app is now activated on your Xbox console.
Activate YouTube on Samsung Smart TV using Activation Code
- Open the application store on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Look for the YouTube application using the search option.
- Select the app from the search results and install it.
- Once installed, launch the app and select Sign In > Sign in with a web browser option.
- You will get a verification code, activation link, and instructions to follow.
- Now, open a web browser on your smartphone or PC and visit youtube.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code and sign in with your Google account.
- The YouTube app is now active on your Samsung Smart TV.
Activate YouTube App on Kodi
- Start by installing the YouTube add-on from the Kodi add-on repository.
- Next, launch the YouTube add-on and tap the Settings option.
- Then, select the API option from the left sidebar and enter your API key, Client ID, and Client Secret.
- Tap the OK button.
- On the next screen, select the Sign In option.
- You will see a unique code and the activation URL – youtube.com/activate.
- Open this activation URL on another device.
- Enter the code and click Allow to let Kodi access your YouTube account.
- Sign in to your YouTube account if prompted to complete the activation process.
YouTube Activation on Sony PlayStation Gaming Consoles
- Go to the home screen of your PlayStation PS4 or PS5 console and open the application store (PlayStation Store/Media/PS Store).
- Next, find the YouTube app using the search option and select it.
- Then, press the Download option to install the YouTube app.
- Once installed, launch the app and select the Sign In option.
- Then, select the Sign in with a web browser option.
- Your TV screen will provide you with a verification code and an activation URL (youtube.com/activate).
- Open this activation link on your phone/pc browser.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and click the Next button.
- Then, log in to your YouTube account and complete the on-screen guided instructions (if any).
- You can then watch YouTube videos on your PlayStation.
Enter Code at youtube.com/activate to Activate on Apple TV
- Visit the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Type YouTube in the search field and begin the search.
- Once you find the app, please select it and tap the Get option.
- Wait for the installation process to get over.
- After installation, click Open and select the Sign In option.
- Next, select the Sign in with a web browser option.
- You will see an activation code and activation link – youtube.com/activate.
- Launch a browser on the second device and open the activation link.
- Submit the code on the activation page and tap the NEXT button.
- Then, sign in with your YouTube account credentials and complete the remaining prompts.
- Your YouTube account will now be accessible on your Apple TV.
Activate YouTube App on Android TV
- From the main screen of your Android TV, navigate to the Apps > Google Play Store.
- Using the search option in the Play Store, find and select the YouTube app.
- Tap the Install button to add the YouTube app to your Android TV.
- After installation, click Open to launch the app.
- Select the Sign In > Sign in with a web browser option inside the app.
- A unique code and an activation link will display your screen.
- Now, visit youtube.com/activate on your second device.
- Enter the code and click the NEXT button.
- Then, sign in to your YouTube account and complete the remaining on-screen prompts.
- You can now access your YouTube account on Android TV.
How to Access YouTube using Chromecast?
Here are the steps to cast YouTube videos on your big TV screen using Chromecast.
- Firstly, make sure both your Phone/PC and Chromecast are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Now, launch YouTube app on your phone or open youtube.com on your computer.
- Next, click on the Cast icon. (On the YouTube app, the Cast icon is located at the top. On YouTube.com, you can find it in the lower-right corner of the player.)
- Select the Chromecast device to which you wish to cast.
- Tap the Play option.
- You can now watch the YouTube content on the TV connected to your Chromecast device.
- If you ever wish to stop casting content, select the Cast icon and then tap Disconnect.
Frequently Asked Questions
Activation codes are time-sensitive. If you do not enter them within a certain period, they get expired and thus appear invalid. In such a case, generate a new code from your TV screen and use it on youtube.com/activate to link your device.
If you are experiencing issues signing in to your Google account, consider resetting the password and then try to sign in. If the problem persists:
– Clear the cache of your browser.
– Please update your browser and restart it before signing into your YouTube account.
– Use another browser.
– If possible, also use another device.
– Check your internet connectivity.