Although it started as an online marketplace for books, Amazon continues to add more feathers by offering a wide range of services, including cloud computing, artificial intelligence, and digital streaming.
Its Prime Video is one of the most remarkable streaming service platforms globally, along with Netflix. In addition, the Amazon Prime video paid subscription platform is very popular for its award-winning originals.
The Prime Video app is available on almost all kinds of streaming devices, smartphones, tablets, streaming sticks, smart TVs, gaming consoles, etc.
To watch Prime Video on your streaming device like Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, or Android TV, just download and install the Prime Video app from your device’s application store, and activate it at amazon.com/mytv.
Before you try to activate the Prime Video app on your preferred streaming device, make sure you have an Amazon Prime Video subscription.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video Subscription?
If you don’t have a subscription yet, it’s the right time to have one as Amazon offers a 30-day free trial.
- Go to the Amazon Prime Video sign-up page.
- Click Start your 3-day free trial.
- If you already have an Amazon account, use its credentials to log in.
- However, if you don’t have it or wish to subscribe to Prime Video with a separate Amazon account, click Create Your Amazon Account and follow the prompted instructions.
- Enter your name, mobile number or email & password and click Continue.
- Now, you will receive an OTP on your mobile number or email.
- Provide it in the required field and click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen prompt to make payment and set up your Prime Video profile on the next screen.
- Your Prime Video account is now active with a 30-days free trial period.
Once you have signed up for the Amazon Prime Video subscription, you can follow the below instructions to activate the Amazon Prime Video app.
Guide to Activate Amazon Prime Video at amazon.com/mytv
Below, you can find the instructions to install and activate the Prime Video app on popular streaming devices like Android TV, Apple TV, and Roku.
How to Install Amazon Prime Video app On Android TV
- From the home screen of your Android TV, navigate to the Apps > Play Store.
- In the search field, type Prime Video and confirm it.
- Next, select the Prime Video app from the search results.
- Then, tap the Install button to add the app to your Android TV.
- After installation, launch the Prime Video app on your Android TV.
- Follow the prompts on your device to get an activation code.
- To link the account, follow the activation steps mentioned ahead.
Steps to Install Amazon Prime Video app on Roku
- Access the Streaming Channels section from your Roku home.
- Next, select the Search option and find the Prime Video app.
- Once you find the app, select it, and press Add channel button.
- Wait until the app gets installed on your Roku device.
- Post-installation, launch the Prime Video app on Roku.
- Inside the app, select Sign in to get a unique activation code.
- Now continue with the activation process suggested below to link your Prime Video account to your Roku TV.
Download & Install Prime Video App on Apple TV
- Go to the home screen of your Apple TV and launch the App Store.
- In the App Store, search for the Prime Video app.
- From the search results, select the app and press Get.
- Wait until the Prime Video app gets installed on your Apple TV.
- After installing the app, press Open to launch it.
- Follow the prompts on your Apple TV to get an activation code.
- Continue with the activation instructions provided below.
Activate Prime Video app at primevideo.com/mytv
- Open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Visit the Prime Video activation page – amazon.com/mytv.
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime account.
- Enter the registration code displayed on your TV screen and click the Register Device button.
- After the successful activation, return to your TV screen.
- Your TV screen should be displaying the home menu of the Prime Video app.
- So, browse through the different categories to watch desired movies, shows, and other programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have Google Chromecast, you can connect and watch Amazon Prime videos on it by following these steps:
– Connect your device and Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi Internet.
– Launch the Prime Video app and tap on the Cast icon.
– Next, select your Chromecast device.
– Then, choose a title and start watching.
– Your selected Prime Video content will begin casting.
– Launch the Prime Video app.
– Navigate to the My Stuff section.
– Tap on the gear icon.
– Then, tap on the Language option and choose your desired language.
– Sign in to your Amazon Prime Video account on a web browser.
– Navigate to the Account & Settings option.
– Select your Account tab.
– Then, for a Prime Video-only subscription, tap the End Subscription option.
– Launch the Prime Video app on your Fire TV device.
– Select a title from the app to watch.
– Next, select the Watch Party option from the detail page.
– Then, select the Create Watch Party option.
– After that, open the link displayed on your screen using a mobile device, or scan the QR code provided using your mobile device’s camera. Doing so will open the Prime Video app to join the chat room.
– Now, enter a preferred name under the “Chat as” option in the prime video app on your mobile device.
– Tap the Join chat option to open the chat room.
– Finally, select the Start Watching option to begin the Watch Party.