Curiosity Stream is a popular factual media and entertainment company known for offering programs such as TV shows, Documentaries, and short video content to subscribers. At present, the company has over 13 million subscribers globally through its direct and bundled subscription businesses.
Some of the original documentaries series offered by CuriosityStream include The History of Home, Miniverse, 4 & Forever: Musk City, Deep Time History, Stephen Hawking’s Favorite Places, and content from producers like NHK and BBC.
If you have a subscription to Curiosity Stream and want to watch it on your streaming devices, you first need to download & install the app on your streaming device. After installation, you must activate the app at curiosity.tv/activate.
The Curiosity Stream app supports various streaming devices, including Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, smartphones, tablets, and Smart TVs.
To know how to activate the Curiosity Stream app, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Activate Curiosity Stream on curiosity.tv/activate
Get access to the world’s top documentary and non-fiction streaming service featuring programming based on nature, science, history, biographies, etc. Follow the instructions below on your desired streaming device and activate the Curiosity Stream app.
Activate Curiosity Stream on Android TV
To access the Curiosity Stream app on your Android TV, you will first need to install the app from the Play Store and then visit curiosity.tv/activate to activate it. Below are the detailed steps to follow.
- Launch the home screen on your Android TV.
- Go to Apps > Google Play Store app.
- In the Play Store app, find the Curiosity Stream app using the search option.
- Select the app from the search result and tap the Install option.
- Wait for the app to get added to your Android TV.
- After successful installation, click the Open button to launch the app.
- Follow the instructions on the welcome screen to get the activation.
- Once you have the activation code, visit curiosity.tv/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and press the Continue button.
- Then, follow the on-screen guided instructions to complete the activation.
- Your Android TV will now have access to the Curiosity Stream app.
Activate Curiosity Stream App on Apple TV
The following steps are suggested to activate the Curiosity Stream app on your Apple TV. If you wish to access the app on your iPhone or iPad, simply install the Curiosity Stream app from the App Store and sign in using your registered email address and password.
- In the App Store of your Apple TV, search for the Curiosity Stream app.
- Once found, select the app from the search results and click on the Get option.
- Wait until the Curiosity Stream app gets installed on your Apple TV.
- Next, click Open to launch the app.
- You will see an authentication code and this activation link – curiosity.com/activate.
- Open this link on your phone or pc browser to get to the Curiosity Stream activation page.
- Enter the activation code on the activation page and tap the Continue button.
- Then, complete the remaining prompts on the screen.
- That’s it! The Curiosity Stream account is now linked to your Apple TV.
How to Activate Curiosity Stream on Amazon Fire TV
If you have an Amazon Fire TV and wish to watch programming related to science, history, nature, etc., you must have the Curiosity Stream app. Follow these instructions to activate the Curiosity Stream app on your Fire TV.
- Select the Find option from the home screen of your Fire TV.
- In the Find field, enter “Curiosity Stream” and begin the search process.
- Next, select the Curiosity Stream app from the search results and press the Get option.
- The app will start to install on your Fire TV.
- When installed, tap Open to launch the app.
- An activation code will display on your screen.
- Visit curiosity.tv/activate on your phone/pc browser.
- Enter the code in the given field and click on the Continue button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the activation process.
- You should then be able to access the Curiosity Stream app on your Fire TV.
Steps to Activate Curiosity Stream App on Roku
- Press the home button on your Roku remote to get to the home screen.
- Go to the Streaming Channels > Search/Search Channels.
- Type “Curiosity Stream” in the search field using the virtual keypad.
- Select the app from the search results, and tap Add channel option.
- The installation process will initiate for the app.
- After installation, launch the app.
- You will get a unique code on your screen.
- Visit curiosity.tv/activate.
- Enter the code on the activation page and follow on-screen instructions.
- After that, get back to your TV screen and watch your favorites from the Curiosity Stream app.
How to Subscribe to Curiosity Stream?
Before you try to activate the Curiosity Stream app on your preferred streaming device, make sure to have a subscription to Curiosity Stream. If you don’t have it yet, follow the below registration steps.
- Go to Curiosity Stream sign-up page on your phone/pc browser.
- Select from the given subscription plans –
- Standard (HD) Monthly: $2.99
- Standard (HD) Monthly: $19.99
- Premium (4K) Monthly: $9.99
- Premium (4K) Annual: $69.99
- Next, enter your email address and password in the provided field and click Continue to Last Step.
- Then, enter the payment information and tap the Sign up now button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts (if any) to complete the sign-up process.
- Your Curiosity Stream account is now active.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can cancel the subscription to Curiosity Stream anytime you wish to. However, remember that you will continue to access the app until the billing period is completed.
BY enabling the Kids Mode feature in your Curiosity Stream app, you can restrict your children from accessing content that may not be appropriate for them. You can find this option in the Settings section of the app.
You can enjoy Curiosity Stream programming on these platforms:
– Amazon Fire TV Stick and Fire TV
– Any laptop, desktop, Mac, or PC using an updated web browser and operating system.
– Roku Streaming Stick and Roku TV
– Android TV and mobile devices
– Apple TV and iOS devices.
– Xbox Oe
– PlayStation 4
– LG/Samsung/Sony/TiVo and VIZIO
– Google Chromecast