June 10, 2021 / Activate Guide
Activate Watch OWN TV on Streaming Devices, Smart TVs, Mobile Phones
Last updated on October 7th, 2021
Want to stream all the entertainment and lifestyle programs of OWN? Make sure you use smartphones and have smart TVs and streaming media player devices at home. Watch OWN allows you to stream all the great programs of OWN anytime, anywhere when you download the Watch OWN app on the devices mentioned above. Then, visit the official activation page, i.e., start.watchown.tv/activate to stream unique content on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Apple and Android devices, Chromecast, etc.
OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) is an American pay-TV channel, jointly owned by Harpo Studios (minority) and Discovery, Inc (majority). The channel mainly telecasts programs targeting African American audiences. By 2015, the Oprah Winfrey Network was available to more than 81 million pay-TV households in American. This majestic figure constitutes a whopping 70% of households with TV in the U.S.
Popular Compatible Devices for Watch OWN App
Watch your most favorite Watch OWN TV shows on your streaming devices when you activate the same without making an error. Some of the popular TV shows that you can watch on Apple TV, Roku, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Android, etc. are – Black Love, Oprah Prime, Greenleaf, Oprah’s Master Class, For Peete’s Sake, Party at Tiffany’s, Addicted to Food, Queen Sugar, the Rosie Show, Mom’s Got Game, Life with La Toya, Flex & Shanice, Houston Beauty, Married to the Army: Alaska, Belief, Love Is, Finding Sarah, Police Women of Dallas, and more.
All you have to do is to sign in with your TV provider account, visit the official activation link, and complete the process.
Easy for you? Let’s check out the steps below!
How to Activate Watch OWN TV on Roku at start.watchown.tv/activate?
If the speeches of Oprah Winfrey have mesmerized you, her genuine talk shows will overwhelm you for sure. She’s got such a strong personality. So why not watch all her talk shows and full episodes by activating the Watch OWN TV channel on your Roku.
- Start your device by turning it on.
- Go to the Roku Channel Store to find the OWN TV channel.
- Click on the “Add Channel” tab to get the app on the streaming device.
- Now, launch the app to receive a unique activation code on your TV screen.
- Navigate to start.watchown.tv/activate and enter the code in the required field.
- Click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
You should see a “Congratulations” message on the screen, which means you have successfully activated the Watch OWN TV channel on Roku. You can now watch your favorite shows like Love Goals, Fix My Life, and many more Oprah Winfrey originals.
The above steps can also be considered while activating the OWN app on Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, and other supported streaming devices. The steps might slightly be different, but they won’t make it difficult for you to fathom. If you find them difficult to carry out the task by yourself, always seek help from professionals. They will ensure it is a cakewalk.
Also, ensure that you have one of these cable TV providers if you want zero interruption while activating the channel.
How to Watch OWN TV Content without a Pay-TV Provider?
What if you don’t boast a pay-television provider and still want to stream the great content? Well, you can watch your favorite talk shows and episodes without a cable TV provider. To materialize this, you must ensure the following live-TV streaming services –
- YouTube TV: Stream all the greatest OWN originals and shows without needing to activate it through a pay-TV provider.
- AT&T TV Now: Make sure your package includes Ultimate, Extra, or Choice if you want OWN content.
- Philo: Philo is another live-TV streaming service that has WON video content for its customers.
Watch OWN TV on Amazon Fire TV (start.watchown.tv/activate)
Not just do Roku users get to enjoy all the talk shows and interviews hosted by one of the most prominent figures, but also people having Amazon Fire TV can enjoy original series and classic videos. Refer to the following steps to download and activate the OWN TV app on Fire TV using the authorized link – start.watchown.tv/activate.
Let’s get started with the steps below –
- Turn on the Amazon Fire TV device and ensure it is connected to your home network.
- Use the remote and navigate to the Amazon Store.
- Browse through to download the OWN TV app.
- Install the app and tap it to open the same.
- You will receive an activation code on the TV screen.
- Note down the unique activation code and visit the official activation page on a different smartphone or laptop.
- Look for the desired field and enter the code.
- After entering the code, click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
That’s it! Your device will be ready to use as soon as you see a success message on the screen.
How to Stream OWN TV on Apple TV?
The Oprah Winfrey Network TV app is available on Apple TV. Here are the important steps to follow if you want to enjoy the series on the big TV screen.
- Switch on your Apple TV.
- Access the App Store using the remote.
- Type the keyword in the search bar and click on the “Get” button to download the app.
- Once downloaded, you need to launch it to generate a unique activation code on the TV screen.
- Save the code and access your laptop. Next, launch your favorite browser and navigate to start.watchown.tv/activate.
- Enter the code if prompted and click “ACTIVATE.”
Your Apple TV is ready to stream all the Oprah Winfrey Network actions. Only make sure before you start the activation process that both your device and computer should be connected to the same Internet connection.
Hope this blog helps you activate the Watch OWN channel on your Streaming media player. Even if you don’t have a pay-TV provider, you can still stream the OWN content easily. Check all methods here!