April 8, 2022 / Olivia Jones
Get Multiple Ways to Fix Hulu Error Code 504 [Updated 2022]
Although Hulu is known for working uninterruptedly on all compatible devices and browsers, sometimes some users may face one or the other problem while trying to access content from Hulu.
One such common issue experienced by many users is Error Code 504. If you see this error code when accessing Hulu, you will not be able to access or watch any content available.
While it is easy to fix the problem, it can be a time-consuming process, as there can be different reasons responsible for causing the error.
To know how to fix Hulu Error Code 504, you must follow the different workarounds provided in this guide.
Ways to Fix Hulu Error Code 504
The error code 504 message will appear like this on your TV screen:
“We’re having trouble loading your lineup.”
“Check your internet connection and try again. Error code: 504”
To fix the error in your Hulu app, you will need to begin by first inspecting your internet connection. Then, if it doesn’t seem to be causing the problem, proceed to the next solution.
- Check Your Internet Connection
As the error message suggests that the problem can be with your internet connection, it is recommended to ensure that the internet is functioning properly.
Connect your phone or computer to the same internet and lunch a random website on your phone/pc browser to know whether your internet is working correctly. If the website doesn’t load as it should address issues with your internet. However, if the website loads properly, your internet is working fine.
To fix issues with your internet, consider the following steps:
- Start by disabling your internet.
- Next, remove all devices connected to your network.
- Similarly, exit from all the background applications and restart your device.
- Then, make sure that you place the modem or router near your device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before you re-connect all the removed devices to your network.
- Alternatively, you can connect your devices using the Ethernet cable to the router.
Refer to the following internet speed depending on the video quality you are looking to stream.
- 3.0 Mbps for Hulu’s Streaming Library
- 8.0 Mbps for live streams
- 16.0 Mbps for 4K content
- Clear the Cache of Your Web Browser
One of the main reasons that can cause issues accessing the Hulu app is having plenty of caches stored in the browser or cache getting corrupted. In such a case, the best way to overcome the problem is by clearing your browser’s cache. Below you can find the steps to clear the cache in your Google Chrome web browser:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Next, click on the More menu icon (three horizontal dots) located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu, select the More Tools option.
- Select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Then, choose a time range from the top menu and select the checkbox next to Cookies and other site data, Browsing history, and Cached images and files option.
- Now, click on the Clear Data option and close the window option.
- Restart your system and try accessing the Hulu app to see if the error is fixed or not.
- Make Sure You are Using an Updated Hulu App
Sometimes using an outdated Hulu application can also lead to different issues, including the error code 504. Therefore, it is recommended that you use an updated version of the Hulu app. Below are the steps that you will need to follow for Updating the Hulu app:
Windows 10 System
- Go to the Microsoft Store section.
- In the Microsoft Store window, click on the three dots located in the upper-right corner.
- Then, the Downloads and Updates option.
- After that, click on the Get updates button and wait for the updating process to complete.
- Once the app gets updated, open it to see if the error has cleared or not.
Amazon Fire TV
- Go to the Settings section on your Fire TV.
- Under Settings, select Applications > Manage Installed Application.
- Locate and select the Hulu app.
- Check if updates are available.
- Navigate to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Find and select the Hulu app under the Purchased section.
- Install the updates if available.
- On your Android TV, go to Apps > Google Play Store.
- In the Play Store, select the My Apps option.
- Select the Hulu app.
- You will see an Update option if an upgrade is available.
- Go to the Roku home screen.
- Select the Hulu app.
- Press the * button on your remote.
- From the menu, select the option to update.
- Consider Power Cycling
When you power cycles your device or system, it optimizes the streaming conditions by refreshing the functionality of the complete network connectivity and devices. So, to overcome the error code 504, consider performing a full power cycling. You will need to turn off your devices and wait for a couple of minutes before turning on your devices again.
- Check the Hulu Server Status
As sometimes the problem can also be on Hulu’s end, it is recommended to check the Hulu server status to ensure that the problem is not being caused due to issues on their side. In such a case, it is best to contact Hulu customer support to know whether the error is due to server maintenance or technical repair.
- Format Your Device and Re-install the Hulu Application
If none of the workarounds help you overcome the problem of error code 504, it is best to consider formatting your streaming device and installing a fresh copy of the Hulu application. Following this procedure is most likely to fix the issue. However, if the problem persists, you may need to contact your device manufacturer for further solutions.
So, these are the different workarounds that can help you fix Hulu error code 504
Frequently Asked Questions
– From the home screen, access the Settings option.
– Under Settings, select the System option.
– Next, tap on the System Update option. You will be provided information on the current software and build version and the date and time of the last update.
– After that, select Check Now to manually check for updates.
– If available, install the updates.
Several workarounds can help you fix buffering issues on Hulu. These include:
– Force close the Hulu app and relaunch it.
– Check your internet connection.
– Power cycle your device.
– Make sure your device and the Hulu app are running with the latest updates.
– Clear Hulu app cache and data.
– Uninstall and reinstall the Hulu app.
– Go to your Fire TV’s home screen.
– Select the Settings option.
– Next, go to Applications > Manage Installed Applications.
– Select the Hulu app.
– Then, tap Clear Cache and then the Clear Data option.
– Go to the Hulu Password recovery page.
– Please enter your registered email address and confirm it.
– You will get a password reset email.
– Open the link in the email to reset your password.
– You can now sign in to your Hulu account using the new password.