February 9, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 504?
Although the Hulu app is known for working uninterruptedly on all compatible devices, however, sometimes some users may face one or the other problem while trying to access content from the Hulu app. One such common issue experienced by a lot of users is Error Code 504. If you are seeing this error code when launching the application, you will not be able to access or watch any content available in the app. While it is easy to fix the problem, however, as there can be different reasons responsible for causing the error, it can be a bit time-consuming process. To know how to fix Hulu Error Code 504, you will need to follow the different workarounds provided in this guide.
Ways to Fix Hulu Error Code 504
When the error code 504 will appear on your screen, the error message will appear like this:
“We’re having trouble loading your lineup”
“Check your internet connection and try again. Error code: 504”
Check Your Internet Connection
As the error message itself suggests that the problem can be with your internet connection, it is recommended to ensure that the internet is functioning properly. To know whether or not your internet is working correctly, you will need to open a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet, and enter a random website on it. If the website doesn’t load as it should, you will first need to address issues with your internet. However, if the website loads as expected, it means your internet is working properly.
In order to fix issues with your internet, you can consider following these steps:
- Start by disabling your internet.
- Next, you will need to remove entire devices connected to your network.
- Then, you will need to exit from all the background applications and restart your device.
- After that, make sure that you placed the modem or router near your device.
- Wait for a couple of minutes before you re-connect all the removed devices to your network. Alternatively, you can connect your devices using the Ethernet cable to the router.
NOTE: Refer to the following internet speed depending on the quality of video you are looking to stream.
Clear the Cache of Your Web Browser
One of the main reasons that can cause issues accessing the Hulu app is having plenty of caches stored in the browser or cache getting corrupted. In such a case, the best way to overcome the problem is by clearing the cache of your browser. To clear the cache in your Google Chrome web browser are as follows:
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your computer.
- Next, you will need to click on the More menu icon (three horizontal dots) located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down menu that appears on your screen, you will need to click on the More Tools option. This will expand the menu further where you will need to select the Clear Browsing Data option.
- Then, you will need to select a time range from the top menu.
- After that, select the checkbox next to Cookies and other site data Browsing history, and Cached images and files option.
- Then, simply click on the Clear Data option, click on the Close the window option, and then restart your system.
- Now, try accessing the Hulu app to see if the error is cleared or not.
Make Sure You Are Using an Updated Hulu App
Sometimes using an outdated Hulu application can also lead to a different issue with the application including the error code 504. Therefore, it is recommended to make sure that you are using an updated version of the Hulu app. Below are the steps that you will need to follow:
- For Windows 10 System: Go to the Microsoft Store section.
- In the Microsoft Store window, you will need to click on the three dots located in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Then, you will need to click on the Downloads and Updates option.
- After that, you will need to click on the Get updates button and wait for the updating process to get completed.
- Once the app gets updated, open it to see if the error has cleared or not.
Consider Power Cycling
When you power cycles your device or system, it optimizes the streaming conditions by refreshing the functionality of the complete network connectivity and devices. So, to overcome the error code 504, consider performing a complete power cycling. For this, you will need to turn off your devices and wait for a couple of minutes before turning on the devices again.
Check the Hulu Server Status
As sometimes the problem can also be on Hulu’s end, it is recommended to check the Hulu server status to ensure that the problem is not being caused due to issues at their side. In such a case, it is best to contact Hulu customer support whether the error is occurring due to any kind of server maintenance or technical repair on their end.
Format Your Device and Re-install the Application
If none of the workarounds help you overcome the problem error code 504 on your Hulu application, it is best to consider formatting your streaming device and installing a fresh copy of the Hulu application. Following this procedure is most likely to fix the issue. However, if the problem persists, then you may need to contact your device manufacturer for further solutions.
So, these are the different workarounds that can help you fix Hulu error code 504.
Related Blog :-