The Samsung Smart Hub is an excellent feature offered by the company. This Smart Hub all users to access a variety of apps on their Smart TV by following a regular download and installation process. Whether you want to play games on your TV or stay in touch with family and friends through social networking apps, you can easily carry out all this and more using t Samsung Smart Hub. Although the feature is simple to use, however, sometimes some users may find their Samsung Smart Hub not working as expected. If you ever find your Samsung Smart Hub not working, you can follow the different workarounds provided below.
Ways to Fix Samsung Smart Hub Not Working Problem
Most of the time your Samsung Smart Hub may fail to open or suddenly stop functioning completely due to a software error or an internet connectivity problem. In such a case, you can overcome the problem by resetting your Smart Hub. Apart from these reasons, other causes that may cause it to stop working include:
- Your internet connection is not stable.
- The software of your device is out-of-date.
- The PIN code entered by you is incorrect.
- Your Samsung Smart Hub is updating the software.
The following workarounds will help you to troubleshoot the Smart Hub and clear any problems that may prevent it from functioning properly.
Resetting Your Smart Hub in Samsung Smart TVs
- Firstly, you will need to turn on your Samsung TV.
- Next, you will need to press the Smart Hub button using your Remote Control to get to the Smart Hub screen.
- Once you are on the Smart Hub Screen, you will need to press the blue letter D using your Remote Control to get to the Settings
- Once you reach the Settings window, you will need to press the Reset
- Then, press the Enter using the remote.
- After that, you will need to enter the password of your device. In case you are still using the default password, you will need to use 0000.
- Doing so will reset your Smart Hub automatically. You will simply need to wait for a confirmation message that will appear on your screen as Reset Complete.
Another method that you can consider for resetting the Smart Hub is to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Settings the section and select the Support
- Under the Support section, you will need to select the Reset Smart Hub option located in the Self Diagnosis
- Alternatively, you can also navigate to the Settings>Support>Device Care>Self Diagnosis>Reset Smart Hub
- Once you press the Reset Smart Hub option, you will need to provide your PIN and select the OK button to complete the process.
Consider Updating your Samsung Smart TV Software
Sometimes a Samsung Smart Hub update can also lead to malfunctioning. In such a case, you can consider updating the application. However, make sure to have a reliable and fast internet connection for quick resolution for your problem.
For Updating Samsung Smart TV Software
- Firstly, you will need to go to the Settings
- Next, you will need to go to the Support>Software Update
- Then, press the Auto Update option and wait for your device to update itself automatically.
- When Smart Hub is getting updated, you will need to wait to let the process gets completed and make sure to keep your TV turned on.
Alternatively, you can also update the software over the internet by following these steps:
- You will first need to go to the Settings
- Under the Settings section, you will need to select the Support option and navigate to the Software Update
- After that, select the Update Now
- As you will press the Update Now option, your device will begin to download new updates.
- When the process gets completed, your TV will reset automatically. However, if no update is available, press the OK button and exit.
Troubleshooting Smart Hub Button Not Working
- To begin with, you will first need to hold down the home button for at least 5 seconds.
- Next, you will need to check whether the power cords have come loose from the back of the TV. If this is the case, you will need to plug them back in and try again.
- Then, unplug the TV from the power source and wait for at least 20 seconds before plugging it back in.
- When done, you will need to press the Smart Hub button to check if it functions.
- In certain cases, the problem occurs when the Smart TV has installed new updates for your device. After that, you can restart your TV and try again.
Activating Smart Hub in Samsung Smart TVs
You may also face issues with your Hub if you have not configured it correctly. In such a case, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to overcome the problem.
- On your remote, press the Smart Hub button. A message with Installing or Starting will display on your screen. Also, you may see an internet connection message notifying you that Smart Hub is automatically connecting to the server.
- Next, you will need to press the Agree option for both windows.
- Then, press the OK button on your remote when an update message appears on your screen.
So, these are the different workarounds that will help when your Samsung Smart Hub is not working.