Twitch is a well-known live video streaming service provided and managed by Twitch Interactive, an Amazon subsidiary. The streaming service mainly focuses on video game live streaming, including broadcasts of Esports competitions and creative content and music broadcasts. Recently, Twitch has also included the “in real life” stream.
If you want to watch Twitch live streaming or video on demand, you can easily do so using your PlayStation 4, PS5, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV device, etc. However, to watch Twitch on your streaming device, you first need to install the app from the app store and activate it at twitch.tv/activate.
Complete Guide to Activate Twitch at twitch.tv/activate
Below you will find instructions on activating Twitch TV on your preferred streaming media device, gaming console, or Smart TV.
Activate Twitch on PlayStation 4 or PS5
You can get a complete Twitch experience using your PlayStation 4 or 5 by following the below instructions. Not only can you watch Twitch content but also follow or interact with any broadcaster with the Twitch app.
NOTE: You might require Two-factor authentication for streaming Twitch on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One.
With a completely redesigned Twitch app on PS4, You Will Be Able to:
- Check out live streams and recorded videos.
- Enjoy your favorite games LIVE and connect with fans and players worldwide.
- Follow games and channels.
- Chat on-screen and hang out with fans and streamers while you watch content.
- Learn about new and upcoming PlayStation 4 Broadcasters through the featured section, and also get to know about different streamers across all platforms.
Now, to get the Twitch app on your PlayStation 4, follow these steps:
- Go to the PlayStation Store on your PS4.
- Find the Twitch app using the search option.
- From the Search Results, select the Twitch app.
- Now, select the Download option to add the application to your PS4.
- Once added, launch the app and select the Log In option.
- You will see a unique code and activation URL twitch.tv/activate.
- Open this activation URL on another device and enter the code in the provided field.
- Press the Activate button and sign in to your Twitch account.
- Your Twitch account is now linked to your PS4.
Activate Twitch on Roku via twitch.tv/activate
You can stream Twitch on Roku by adding the Twitch TV app to the Roku channel store. Follow the steps below –
- Select the Streaming Channels option from the home screen of your Roku device.
- Next, use the Search option to find the Twitch app.
- Select the app from the search results and launch it.
- Inside the app, press the Log In option.
- Your TV screen will display a unique code along with activation instructions.
- Now, open a web browser on your computer or mobile device and visit twitch.tv/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the given field to link your device to your Twitch account.
- Tap Activate and sign in using your Twitch account credentials.
- You can now access the Twitch app on your Roku device.
Activate Twitch TV App on Amazon Fire TV
Twitch TV app is available on Amazon Fire TV. To activate it, do the following –
- Go to the Find section of your Fire TV.
- In the Find section, search for the Twitch app.
- Once located, select the app and tap the Get option.
- Wait for the application to get installed on your Fire TV.
- Tap Open after installation to launch the app.
- On the next screen, select the Sign In/Log In option.
- Your TV screen will display a code and the activation link – twitch.tv/activate.
- On your second device’s browser, open the activation link.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and tap the Activate button.
- Complete the rest of the on-screen instructions (if any).
- Return to your Fire TV and start using the Twitch app.
Install & Activate Twitch App on Android TV
Here are steps for activating Twitch on Android TV –
- Go to Apps > Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- In the Play Store, look for the Twitch app.
- Once you find the app, press the Install button.
- The app will begin to download and install on your Android TV.
- When installed, press the Open button.
- Inside the app, press the Log In option.
- You will see a one-time code and an activation URL – twitch.tv/activate.
- Enter the code in the provided field and tap the Activate button.
- Sign in to your Twitch account.
- The Twitch app is now ready to stream on your Android TV.
Get Twitch App on Apple TV
- Open the App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the App Store, use the search option to find the Twitch app.
- When found, select the app and press the Get button.
- After installation, press Open to launch the Twitch app on Apple TV.
- In the Twitch app, select the Log In option.
- An authentication code will appear on your TV screen.
- Open the activation URL twitch.tv/activate on your phone/pc browser.
- Enter the code in the provided field and click Activate.
- Now, use your Twitch login details to sign in.
- You can then access the Twitch app on your Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can watch or stream live video games on the Twitch app using Amazon Fire TV, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Apple TV, Roku, and Android TV.
– Visit the Twitch account recovery page.
– Enter your registered email or phone number and press the Continue button.
– Then, follow the guided prompts to recover your Twitch account username or password.
This issue is generally caused due to a low-speed internet connection. Therefore, it is suggested to make sure:
– Your internet connection is working properly.
– Your internet speed is adequate.
– You are not using multiple devices to access the internet simultaneously.
If the problem persists, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
– Clear the Twitch app cache if using Fire TV, Android TV, or Apple TV.
– Make sure your streaming device is running with the latest updates.
– Your Twitch app is up-to-date.
– Uninstall and reinstall the Twitch app. After reinstallation of the Twitch app, you need to activate it again at twitch.tv/activate.