Do you wish to convert your traditional television into a smart TV?
You may wonder – ‘how’?
The ultimate answer would be via a streaming tool. What better screaming device you could get hold of than an Amazon FireStick?
One of the most sought-after and cost-effective streaming tools, Amazon FireStick gives you the flexibility and freedom to convert your normal TV into a smart one via an HDMI port. While the setup process of the feature-rich streaming device is pretty straightforward, streaming movies and original shows from Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, and more streaming services is even easier.
But this comes at a price – that, too, is a little expensive. These streaming services can be streamed only at a certain subscription fee. If you wish to continue to enjoy great movies, shows, and full episodes without burning a hole in your pocket, think of jailbreaking.
Jailbreaking lets you stream your favorite content – sports, news, live TV channels, live TV streaming, movies, and original shows for free. If you wish to know how to jailbreak a FireStick, read through this Amazon Fire Stick jailbreaking guide. It will tell you everything that you want to know to stream free content without spending a dime.
You will learn how to jailbreak Fire Sick and the ultimate process to install streaming applications to watch live TV, movies, sports, TV shows, and more.
Let’s get started!
What Is Jailbreak FireStick?
You have now got an idea of what exactly jailbreaking is. Let’s get an in-depth insight into jailbreak FireStick and how it works.
As you know jailbreak allows you to get access to unlimited content by installing third-party apps on your Amazon FireStick device. Unlike the typical jailbreaking process (that is usually carried out on other devices like a phone where you modify the core files of the OS), jailbreak FireStick lets you install the apps that you want to stream content from. You are not adding or modifying the core files.
When you jailbreak your Amazon FireStick, it easily allows you to download apps and services (third-party). That means these applications and services are not found in the Amazon AppStore.
Many have, in the past, raised their eyebrows about the process as it requires some hacking. This requires someone with a little technical knowledge can accomplish the jailbreaking task easily. You don’t have to be a tech expert.
Although you are bringing down the wall to avail of yourself unlimited fun and entertainment in this process, your device is not getting affected by it at all.
Does it sound enticing to you? Do you wish to lift the restrictions and stream your favorite content from any streaming service provider without any boundaries? You need to learn how to jailbreak a FireStick.
Installation of Third-Party Apps and Services on FireStick – Is It Legal to Jailbreak a FireStick?
This is a million-dollar question, and the Internet is flooding with such questions from millions of FireStick users.
To put it straight – you won’t be put behind bars if you jailbreak a FireStick. But there’s a catch. As long as you are not doing anything illegal, no action will be taken against you. This means you should never stream any copyrighted content. If you stick to the right path and jailbreak your FireStick, it is legal and safe.
To ascertain the fact that you won’t be in trouble, make sure you make no changes or modifications to the core files of your system, i.e. the OS of your device. On the other hand, it doesn’t happen like this with a FireStick device. Jailbreaking FireStick doesn’t involve you getting root access to the operating system. Nor does it allow you to manipulate any core-level files. Hence, no big deals! No illegal intrusions!
If you still are apprehensive about jailbreaking, keep in mind that you own your Amazon FireStick device and you wish to download a few apps (already accessed and used by millions) that are not included in your AppStore. During the downloading process (of the third-party apps and services) if you are warned by Amazon, you may contemplate not to proceed ahead with jailbreaking.
Your Ultimate Guide to Jailbreak a FireStick
To jailbreak your FireStick, you don’t have to be a tech geek. Sound knowledge of operating the system and the Internet would be enough to jailbreak Firestick within minutes. Here’s a step-by-step guide to complete the jailbreaking process.
#Step 1: Consider Installing APK Downloader
To download applications not included or available on the Amazon App Store can be tricky. Since the App Store doesn’t have it already, you may not be able to install them just like that. It means downloading the third-party apps on your device isn’t a cakewalk. Your FireStick device wouldn’t allow you to download the apps easily as it doesn’t support direct download through browsers. To facilitate this process and to download the apps easily, you need to first install a facilitating application. You need to install an APK Downloader.
So, how can you install the Downloader app on your Amazon FireStick device through the App Store? Here’s a complete step-by-step procedure. Make sure you stick to the steps and carry them out meticulously to avoid any kind of unforeseen events.
- Turn on your FireStick device and navigate to the home screen.
- Click the “Find” option and then select “Search”.
- Type “Downloader” in the search window and look for suggestions displayed on the screen.
- Upon finding the app, select it.
- Click on the “Download” button to install it.
- Once the app is installed, launch it by clicking on the “Open” button.
You are ready to download what you want.
#Step 2: How to Set up FireStick Jailbreak
Here’s how you can complete setting up the device for jailbreaking.
- Go to the home screen and select the cog icon or gear icon.
- This will open
- Click on the option that says “My Fire TV”.
- You will see a few options on the screen.
- Click on the “Developer Options”.
- On the next screen, select “ADB debugging”. (You need to turn it on.)
- Click on the option that says “Install unknown apps”.
- You will click turn on the “Downloader” app. (Allow Downloader to install other third-party apps from Appstore. Make sure you only turn this option ON when you want to install applications from reliable sources as a developer.)
- Now, return to the “Settings” window and click on “Preferences”.
- Select “Privacy Settings” to open it.
- You need to then turn off “Device Usage Data” and “Collect App Usage Data”.
- Get back to the “Preferences” screen and click “Data Monitoring”.
- On the next screen, you need to turn it off.
#Step 3: Now, You need to Jailbreak a Fire Stick
You are now all set to download third-party apps on your Amazon FireStick device. Keep in mind that you will only download the app from the Amazon App Store using the Downloader app. In this section, you will learn how to jailbreak FireStick with Kodi (a popular media app that lets you access TV channels, sports, movies, and more).
- Click “Downloader” to open the app.
- Enter the URL (Kodi) and click “GO”.
- The Kodi 19 Matrix APK will be downloaded.
- Click on the “Install” button to finish installing.
- Once installed, you will get an app confirmation notification. It will tell you that the app has been installed successfully on your device.
- You just jailbroke FireStick. Click “Open” to run Kodi or you can click “Done” if you want to open it later. You can do that from “Your Apps & Channels”.
Your FireStick Is Reedy to Use Jailbreak
You followed the steps above and were successfully jailbroken. Now, it is time to make the most out of it by learning how to use jailbroken FireStick.
Kodi has been installed. You can now learn the steps to use Kodi to watch live TV, movies, and TV shows. To stream your favorite content through Kodi, you will need to get Kodi Add-ons as Kodi boasts no media content of its own. Rather, Kodi Add-ons will help you stream the media content from the Internet. To find the right add-ons is a thing to do. Here are a few popular Kodi add-ons that you can trust trying.
- Seren: The Seren add-on is for all the movie buffs. If you love TV shows, you can still use this Kodi add-on. It is an on-demand add-on for unlimited shows and movies.
- Venom Add-on: If you are a diehard fan of movies and TV shows, go for a Venom add-on. It flaunts a massive content library with tons of streaming links. All the links are of high quality.
- Nemesis: Another popular add-on that you can think of getting is Nemesis. It is an all-in-one add-on and helps you accomplish many things. You can surely enjoy shows, movies, and more.
- The Crew: Another multipurpose add-on is the Crew. From streaming sports, documentaries, live TV, and movies to TV shows and more, the Crew is a perfect add-on that works great on your Amazon Fire Stick.
Did you manage to jailbreak your FireStick? If you followed the steps correctly, you would now be able to watch your favorite shows, movies, and more without a hassle. Also, jailbreak a firestick is legal!