BBC America is a popular pay television network that operates as a commercial-supported channel and accepts traditional advertising. The channel features an array of popular & latest Movies and TV shows, including Doctor Who, Killing Eve, The Graham Norton Show, A Few Good Men, etc.
By signing in with your cable or satellite provider, you can easily watch BBC America LIVE, movies and complete episodes of your favorite series on your streaming device or mobile phone.
BBC America app is available on various smart devices such as Android, iOS, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Xbox, Apple TV, etc. To access BBC America on such devices, you will need to install the app and activate it at bbcamerica.com/activate.
Guide to Activate BBC America at bbcamerica.com/activate
To know the activation process in detail, follow the instructions suggested below.
Activate BBC America on Android TV
- Go to the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- Find the BBC America app in the Play Store and select it.
- Next, tap the Install button to download & install the application on your Android TV.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the app.
- Inside the app, select the Sign In option.
- You will see an authentication code and an activation link – bbcamerica.com/activate.
- Now, open the activation link using a browser on another device.
- Enter the code in the provided field and tap the SUBMIT button.
- Next, sign in with your TV provider credentials and complete the activation process.
- Your Android TV is now ready to stream the BBC America app.
Steps to Activate BBC America on Microsoft Xbox One
- On your Xbox One, go to the Microsoft Store.
- In the search section, type BBC America and begin the search process.
- From the search results, select the BBC America app icon.
- Tap the Get button to download and install the app.
- Once installed, tap Launch to open the app.
- Next, select the Sign In option inside the BBC America app.
- Your TV screen will display a unique code and an activation link (bbcamerica.com/activate).
- Open this activation link on a web browser.
- Enter the code in the prompted field and click SUBMIT.
- Sign in with your TV Provider account credentials.
- Return to your Xbox One screen and start watching your BBC America favorites.
Watch BBC America on Roku via TV Provider
- Go to the Roku Channel Store.
- Find the BBC America app by browsing manually or using the search option.
- Once located, select the BBC America app and press the Add channel button.
- Wait for the installation process to get completed.
- Post-installation, press the Go to channel button to open the app.
- On the BBC America app, press the Sign In option.
- You will see a verification code along with instructions.
- Now, visit bbcamerica.com/activate on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the activation code and login in with your TV provider.
- You can now access the BBC America app on your Roku TV.
Activate BBC America on iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV)
- Launch the App Store app on your Apple device (TV, iPhone, or iPad).
- Search for the BBC America app in the App Store.
- Once found, tap the Get button to install the app.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the app.
- Inside the app, tap the Sign In option.
- A one-time code along with an activation URL bbcamerica.com/activate will display on your TV screen.
NOTE: If you are using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch device, sign in with your TV Provider login credentials. The activation code is only for the Apple TV.
- Once you have the code, open a browser on another device and navigate to the activation URL.
- Enter the code in the provided field and tap the SUBMIT option.
- Then, access your BBC America account by signing in with your TV Provider credentials.
- The BBC America app is now activated on your Apple TV.
Enter Code to Activate BBC America on Fire TV
- Select the Find option on your Amazon Fire TV.
- Enter BBC America in the search box and press the search icon (magnifying glass).
- Select the BBC America app from the search results and tap the Get option.
- Once installed, tap Open to launch the BBC America app on Fire TV.
- Your Fire TV screen will display a unique code and an activation URL – bbcamerica.com/activate.
- Now, open this URL on a browser.
- Enter the activation code in the given field and sign in using your TV Provider account credentials.
- Complete the rest of the guided instructions.
- The BBC America app is now active on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to activate your BBC America on your preferred streaming device.
If the activation code entered by you doesn’t work, then it has probably expired. If this happens, all you need to do is generate a new activation code, and you will be able to activate BBC America app.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you see error code 0033, it is generally associated with the TV service provider account, indicating a billing issue (for example, an expired credit card). To overcome this error, you may need to contact your service provider.
If you are getting a “Needs to re-authenticate” error when accessing the BBC America app, consider deleting and re-adding the app. After reinstallation, you need to link your TV provider again via bbcamerica.com/activate. Doing so should fix the problem in most cases. However, if the problem persists, try logging out manually and signing in again. To log out, go to the Menu > Account > Sign Out.
– Apple TV
– Amazon Fire TV Stick and Smart TVs.
– Android TV
– Android mobile devices (phones and tablets).
– Roku Stick and Smart TVs.
– iOS device (iPhone and iPad).
– Microsoft Xbox
This error is generally related to your TV provider. If you are using your TV and internet service from the same provider, sometimes resetting your modem can help resolve the problem. Just unplug the modem from power for 30 seconds and plug it back in. Contact your service provider if the problem persists.