If you like streaming movies, originals, music, and shows on Netflix, Pandora, Amazon Music, Hulu, and YouTube on Roku, chances are pretty high that you will want to add Apple Music to your streaming device to listen to unlimited music.
Earlier, the Apple Music channel was not available on Roku as a standalone app. However, streamers can now add Apple Music on Roku to access more than 90 million songs.
Complete Guide to Access Apple Music on Roku
To add the Apple Music app to your Roku streaming device, you must have the following prerequisites –
- Reliable internet connection.
- A compatible Roku device or Roku TV
- Apple Music subscription.
Steps to Add Apple Music App on Roku
You can listen to Apple Music on your Roku device by following the steps below –
- Turn on your Roku device and press the Home icon on the Roku remote.
- Navigate to the Streaming Channels section from the home screen.
- Select the Search Channels option and look for the Apple Music app using the virtual keyboard.
- Once the app turns up on the screen, click the Add channel button.
- Click the OK button to add the channel to your Roku account.
- It is time to launch the Apple Music app on Roku.
- Enter the sign-in details when prompted.
- You are now ready to listen to your favorite music on Roku.
You can also stream Apple Music on Roku by screen mirroring your smartphone or PC.
How to Screen Mirror Apple Music on Roku using an iPhone
If you are an iPhone user, you can screen mirror Apple Music on your Roku TV and enjoy your favorite music. Here’s a rundown of steps to follow.
- Access the App Store on your iPhone and install the Mirror for Roku app.
- After installation, launch the app on your iOS device.
- Now, choose your Roku device from the given options.
- Allow permission to mirror notifications to your Roku screen.
- Next, you need to click the Start Mirroring icon and select the option that says Start Broadcast.
- Open Apple Music on your iPhone and log in using your Apple credentials.
- You are all set to listen to Apple music on your Roku device.
Note: The Apple Music app is in-built on all iOS devices.
Screen Mirror Apple Music From Android Device
Here’s how to screen mirror Apple Music on Roku using your Android smartphone.
- On your smartphone, you need to access the Google Play Store.
- Search and install the Apple Music app.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Go to Notification Panel (swipe down) and click on the Cast icon.
- Select your Roku device from the available options.
- Now tap on the Play button to listen to your favorite music on Roku.
Steps to Screen Mirror Apple Music on Roku from PC
Apart from smartphones, you can screen mirror Apple Music from your PC or laptop.
- On your computer, visit music.apple.com.
- If prompted, log in with your Apple ID.
- Next, press the “Windows + P” button together.
- Select Connect to a wireless display from the project tab.
- Now from the CONNECT tab, select your Roku device.
- There you go! Your device should be ready to play Apple Music on Roku.
How to Subscribe to Apple Music (Free Trial)
If you are a new customer, check the following steps to subscribe to Apple Music.
- Visit apple.com/apple-music on a computer or mobile device.
- Click the button that says Try 1 month free*.
- Now, click Try it Free to get millions of songs free for one month.
- You will be prompted to sign up with a new Apple ID. If you already have an Apple account, click Sign IN.
- Fill in the required details and click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to add the payment details.
Once done, you must keep the credentials safe for future use. You need to use the details to stream music on your Roku device.
Note: Your credit card will be charged $9.99/month after the one-month free trial period.
Apple Music on Roku – Top Features
Do you want to experience music like never before? All you have to do is use the above steps to add the Apple Music app to your Roku. Once added, you can explore the vast library and access innumerable songs. The best part is that you can listen to the music completely ad-free.
Some of the top features of the Apple Music app are –
- Enjoy music videos on the big screen.
- Listen to millions of songs ad-free.
- Create unlimited personalized playlists (based on the music you love).
- Search for your favorite music by lyrics.
- Tune in to live radio stations.
The Apple Music app wasn’t available on the Roku Channel Store until last month. However, people still managed to stream it on Roku through screen mirroring. Now that the official app is on the Channel Store, you know how to get the app and enjoy music with an active subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Apple Music channel is available on the Roku Channel Store. You need to navigate to the Channel Store with the help of the remote to download the app.
Yes, you can.
First, you need to install the Apple Music app on your Roku. After installing it, you need to sign in or create an Apple ID (if you don’t have it already) to access the library. Then, select what you want and enjoy the music.
You will need a subscription to access Apple Music. It should cost you less than $10 per month. You can enjoy Apple Music for free for one month if you are a new customer.