If you already are a Roku user, you know how effectively the streaming platform allows you to watch both free and paid videos on your big TV screen via the Internet. No matter whether you have cut the cords or boast an active subscription to a TV provider, Roku enhances your viewing experience when you activate a particular channel or app that you want. In our today’s post, we will talk about how to activate Simple TV on Roku using the official activation link – simple.tv/roku.
What Is Simple.TV?
For those with a high tolerance for compromise, Simple.TV makes for a perfect choice as it embodies a unique concept. This over-the-air DVR is an aptly named system for people who have cut the cords, looking to harness local TV signals. Simple.TV has a fascinating intuitive interface for navigating recorded as well as live shows. When you connect the set-top box to your home network, you are bestowed with an array of local network broadcasts via your favorite platform.
Since you already use Roku, let’s learn how to activate Simple.TV on the streaming device. This can be made possible via simple.tv/roku. Once it is activated, the personal DVR will allow you to record TV programs from OTA (over-the-air) local stations and basic digital cable channels. After the programs are recorded (it captures live-TV broadcasts), it stores them on a hard drive to stream later on your Roku device.
Get Simple.TV on Roku using simple.tv/roku
Here’s a step-by-step guide to getting the Simple.TV app on your Roku device.
- Turn on your Roku device and make sure it is connected to the TV via an HDMI port. It should also be connected to a high-speed Internet connection.
- Press the “Home” button on the Roku remote and navigate to the home screen.
- Access the Roku Channel Store via “Streaming Channels” and look for the desired app.
- You need to type “Simple TV”. Once the app appears on the screen, click the “Add channel” button.
- Return to the home screen and launch the app.
Keep in mind that you won’t be able to record encrypted satellite or cable. When we say this, we mean you can’t record premium channels like Showtime, HBO, Food Network, and HGTV. Once ready, it can fetch you local broadcasts everywhere.
Why Choose Roku?
Since there is an array of streaming devices out there, why would one go for Roku? What makes Roku the best choice?
Roku, Inc. is not just another company. When it comes to streaming, the year 2020 was just phenomenal. With movie theaters closed, streaming device manufactures witnessed a huge demand amongst users. Roku stood tall despite all of the competition.
- Clean Interface: Unlike other streaming platforms, Roku doesn’t push its customers towards any specific channels or services. Its clean interface simply entices customers to navigate the content easily.
- Voice Search: Your Roku device does come complete with remote control. It lets you control your programs and access the channels easily. Do you know some of the Roku devices have built-in voice search features? Devices like Roku Streaming Stick, Roku Premiere+, and the Roku Ultra boast voice search features that let you control the programs from the best comforts of your couch.
Streaming Recorded Video from Your Phone: Not only does your Roku device allow you to stream live-TV, but also it can stream recorded videos from your phone.