Have you recently purchased a Roku streaming device? If yes, you will need some time to get your hands on the features and functions of this amazing digital media platform. One of the most basic things to learn while using a Roku TV or device is the functionality of its remote. It is the remote that will help you control your TV – from installing an app, navigating to your favorite videos, and adjusting the volume when needed. In this guide, we will discuss how to adjust the volume on Roku TV and device.
Two Simple Methods to Adjust Volume on Roku TV and Device
Adjusting the volume is one of the most basic needs while watching your favorite videos and movies. If you are a Roku user, the process is quite simple. Well, there are two ways to adjust the volume on Roku.
- Using Roku App.
- Using Roku Remote.
Adjust Volume on Roku TV and Device using the Roku App
People who want to control their TV and enhance their viewing experience should install the Roku app. The official Roku app can easily be installed on your mobile phone (if you use a smartphone – iOS or Android). If you prefer your sleek smartphone over the traditional Roku remote, why not use the Roku mobile app not just to add channels but also to adjust volume as per the needs. Here’s how you can do that –
On iOS Device –
- Go to the “App Store” on your iPhone and look for the Roku app.
- Click the “Get” option to install the app.
- Once the app is installed, launch it.
- You will see a remote-like screen on your phone. It will give you the feeling of holding a smart remote, with all the required buttons.
- Use the buttons as per your needs to increase and decrease the volume.
On Android Device –
- Go to the “Google Play Store” on your phone.
- Locate the app and click the “Install” button to install the app.
- Now, launch the app to get a remote-like screen.
- Use the volume buttons/ arrows to increase and decrease the volume.
Adjust Volume on Roku TV and Device using the Roku Remote
Yes, you can use the remote to adjust the volume. This is the standard method to control the volume and other functionalities. Roku TV comes with a user-friendly remote that lets you change the channels, increase/ decrease the volume, and control other basic actions. The buttons that allow you to manage the volume look fascinating.
- When you see the remote, you might wonder where the volume buttons are.
- Just like most mobile phones, Roku’s remote flaunts the buttons on the right side.
- It has three buttons to control the volume –
- The Volume Down button allows you to decrease the volume.
- The Volume Up button allows you to increase the volume.
- The Mute button would help you to mute and unmute videos.
Can I Adjust Volume on Roku TV using Volume Modes?
Yes, you can. Roku TV has three volume modes – Leveling, Night, and Off. Start using these modes to understand how effectively they can work to control the volume. To set a volume mode, you need to –
- Click the “Home” icon on the remote.
- You will go to the home screen menu.
- From there, navigate to the “Settings” option. (It should appear on the sidebar.)
- From the menu, you need to select “Audio”.
- Select the option “Volume Modes” to choose the suitable mode.
Also, you can adjust the Volume Mode. Click the “*” button while streaming content on your Roku TV. Go to “Sound Settings” and you can now adjust the Volume mode.
If you need some assistance with your Roku remote, consider getting in touch with Roku professionals. They know how to troubleshoot your problem in the quickest way.