February 10, 2020 / Admin
Easy Steps for Straight Talk Activate on straighttalk.com
Last updated on October 9th, 2021
Straight Talk is an American prepaid, no-contract mobile phone service created by TracFone and Walmart. There are mainly two plans available in Straight Talk that you can choose from. While the first plan is for $30 and is known as the “All You Need” plan, the second is for $45, and the Unlimited plan for smartphones. The “All You Need” plan comes with approximately 1,000 minutes for 30 days, and the Unlimited Plan offers unlimited calls, data, and text. If you have purchased any one of these plans and are looking to activate it, you can find the complete information on activating a Straight Talk plan at straighttalk.com/activate using the phone of your choice.
Guide to Activate Straight Talk at straighttalk.com/activate
1. Select Your Phone
Make Sure to Check the Service Area Map on the Straight Talk website
- It is always suggested to first check the service area map of Straight Talk on their website. This is important as this will help you ascertain the phones you can use for these plans in your area.
- On your computer, open a web browser and Go to www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/coverage/servicearea/.
- TracFone is known for using the Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T networks for service, so the phones and service providers will help you determine their coverage in your area. But, first, you will need to select a phone you have or would like to purchase from the list.
- If you are looking to use your phone and on the list, you can surely use it with Straight Talk. However, to do so, you will first need to unlock the phone you are already using with another cell phone plan. For this, you will need to call your existing wireless provider and ask them to unlock your phone.
- On the other hand, if you are looking to purchase an unlocked phone from the Straight Talk website, you can easily select a phone from the list of phones available in your area.
- Moreover, if you want to purchase an unlocked cell phone, such as a Samsung Galaxy or iPhone, from Walmart or any third-party site.
NOTE: Walmart offers a bundled package of refurbished phones with a 30-day Unlimited plan of Straight Talk. If you want to purchase a refurbished phone, you can go into a local Walmart or order it from Walmart.com.
2. Buying Your SIM Card
Check if Your Phone Works with CDMA or GSM Network
- When purchasing your SIM card, it is suggested to determine whether your Straight Talk-compatible phone works with the CDMA or GSM networks. In most cases, this depends upon both the model of the phone and your wireless service provider.
- Phones which work with the CDMA network usually have a Letter “C” in the model number.
- Phones that work with GSM networks usually have a Letter “G” in the model number.
Buy the Activation Pack from Walmart
- If you wish to activate the service faster, it is suggested to go to Walmart to purchase a Straight Talk activation pack (SIM Card and Plan together). This is suggested because Walmart is the official provider of the Straight Talk activation pack.
- If you are looking to buy a Straight Talk activation pack from any other like eBay, you should know that they are usually a resale product.
- If you have a phone such as the iPhone 4 and 4S, you should keep in mind that these phones require a micro SIM and not a regular SIM.
Buy a SIM card from the TracFone Website.
- On your computer, open a web browser, Go to www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/shop and select the “SIM Cards” option from the drop-down list.
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to purchase your CDMA or GSM SIM card.
- If you want, you can also select to purchase a service plan card which will also be shipped to you. Alternatively, you can wait and choose a plan on the website when you activate it first.
3. Activating Your Plan
Get the Red Activation Card that you with your SIM card
- When looking to activate your plan, you will first need to find the red activation card you received with your SIM card. The activation card contains the serial number you will need to use instead of your phone’s former serial number during the activation process.
- When you purchase the activation kit from Walmart, you might have purchased a $30 or $45 service plan card. However, if you don’t have a service plan card, you can buy it during the activation process.
- Once you have purchased and received your SIM card, you will need to go to the straighttalk.com/activate page on your web browser and then click on the “Continue” option to begin the process.
- After that, you will need to enter the Serial Number. Below are the different numbers you will need as per the type of phone you own:
- If you bought the phone from TracFone, you would need to enter the IMEI/MEID number on the red activation card.
- This is because if you have an existing phone but purchased a TracFone SIM card, you will need to enter the last 15-digits of your new SIM card.
- If you purchased an iPhone through Walmart or the Straight Talk website, you must enter the MEID.
- Next, you will need to enter the zip code of your main residence.
- Then, you will need to type in your Service PIN if you have purchased your $30 or $45 plan card. If you wish to purchase your plan during activation, you will need to click on the credit card option.
- As it is necessary to create an account for your bill payment, you must enter your credit card details and select your plan if you have not already activated a Service PIN. After that, agree to the terms and conditions.
- When you reach the confirmation page, you will need to Insert your SIM card. Then, wait for several hours to 2 days for the mobile service to activate your phone.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow to activate your Straight Talk service on your phone.