With HGTV pay-TV, Discovery, Inc. adds another feather to its cap. Short for Home & Garden Television, HGTV primarily broadcasts reality programming related to real estate and home improvement. Approximately 96 million American households with television receive HGTV.
If you are also among these households, you would be glad to know that you can also enjoy the programming of HGTV on your streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, Fire TV, etc.
To watch HGTV on such streaming devices, you need to install the HGTV GO app and activate it at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
To know the activation process in detail, refer to the information drafted below.
Guide to Activate HGTV GO App at watch.hgtv.com/activate
Before you go ahead and learn the steps to activate HGTV GO, make sure that you have an updated streaming device, TV account credentials, and a high-speed internet connection. Once you have these ready, you are good to go with the steps below –
Steps to Activate HGTV GO App On Roku
Whether you own a Roku streaming stick or Roku TV, you can easily access HGTV by installing the app from the Roku Channel Store and activating it by visiting watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Go to your Roku device’s main menu and select the Streaming Channels option.
- In the Streaming Channels section, select the Search/Search Channels option.
- On the next screen, find the HGTV GO app.
- Next, tap the Add channel button to install the app.
- Once installed, press Go to the channel to launch the app.
- Your TV screen will display a unique activation code along with this activation link watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Open a browser on another device without closing this screen and access the link.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and click the Link TV Provider option.
- Then, sign in using your TV Provider account credentials to link the HGTV GO app to your Roku device.
Activate HGTV on Apple TV via watch.hgtv.com/activate
You can easily install the HGTV GO app on your Apple TV from the App Store. To know the complete installation and activation process, follow these steps.
- Launch the App Store app on your Apple TV.
- Next, find and select the HGTV GO app.
- Then, tap the Get button to download and install the HGTV GO app.
- Once installed, launch the app by pressing the Open option.
- You will see an authentication code and this activation link – https //watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Now, using the browser of your second device, open the activation link.
- Enter the code on the activation page and tap the Link TV Provider button.
- You can then log in using the account credentials given by your TV Provider.
- Once logged in, you will be able to watch HGTV GO app programming on your Apple TV.
HGTV.com Activate on Fire TV Stick
Although the following instructions will help you activate the HGTV GO app on your Fire TV, it is recommended to ensure that your Fire TV device is running with the latest updates to avoid issues during the activation process.
- Access the Find section from the home screen of your Fire TV.
- Type HGTV GO in the provided box on the Find screen.
- Next, select the HGTV GO app from the search results.
- Then, tap the Get button to begin installing the app.
- After successful installation, launch the app.
- You will receive an activation code on your screen.
- Once you have the code, visit watch.hgtv.com/activate using your second device’s browser.
- Enter the code in the provided field and click the Link TV Provider button.
- You will then need to sign in using your TV Provider account credentials.
- After signing in successfully, you can start watching the HGTV GO app on your Fire TV.
How to Watch HGTV on Samsung Smart TV
The HGTV content can be streamed on Samsung Smart TV. For that, you must activate HGTV on Samsung Smart TV with the help of the following steps –
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and go to the App store.
- Search for the HGTV app.
- Install the app.
- After installation, launch the HGTV GO app on Samsung TV.
- A unique activation code will display on the screen.
- On your computer or smartphone, navigate to watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code displayed on your TV.
- Tap Link TV Provider.
- Sign in with your TV provider credentials.
- Click on the ACTIVATE button.
Activate HGTV GO App on Android TV
When following these instructions to activate the HGTV GO app on your Android TV, make sure that both your device (Android TV and the Second device (phone/PC)) are connected to the internet.
- Navigate to Apps > Google Play Store from the home screen of your Android TV.
- Using the search option in the Play Store, find and select the HGTV GO app.
- Next, tap the Install button to add the application to your Android TV.
- Once added, tap the Open button to launch the app.
- You should see a unique code on your TV screen.
- Now that you have the code, visit watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the code on the activation page and click the Link TV Provider option.
- Then, sign in using your TV Provider credentials.
- After logging in successfully, you can return to your Android TV and find yourself logged into the HGTV GO app.
About HGTV GO App
HGTV GO is a TV everywhere service that allows you to watch full episodes and live streams from HGTV in HD on your Smart TV, streaming device, tablet, the web, or smartphone. For the best viewing experience on your smartphone or mobile device, you should download the HGTV GO app.
To access the HGTV GO programming on your smart TV, you must have a subscription to the HGTV channel through a participating pay TV provider. Some of the most popular providers you may opt for are – DirecTV, Cox, AT&T U-verse, Dish, Verizon FiOS, Time Warner Cable Charter Spectrum, Optimum, Fubo TV, Hulu, Sling, Philo, Bright House Networks, and Midcontinent Communications.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the HGTV GO app offers Closed Captioning on both Live and on-demand episodes.
HGTV GO app offers a selection of episodes and specials to stream on Ultra HD 4K-enabled Apple TVs and Fire TVs. You may need to wait for other platforms as HGTV is currently working to provide the content in Ultra HD quality.
– Clear the cache and cookies for the HGTV GO app on your Streaming device.
– Check your internet connectivity.
– Reboot your streaming device and HGTV GO app.
– If the problem persists, uninstall and re-install the HGTV GO app.