February 8, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Activate HGTV on Diverse Streaming Devices, Including Roku at watch.hgtv.com/activate?
With HGTV pay-TV, Discovery, Inc. adds another feather to its cap. Originally Home & Garden Television, HGTV primarily broadcasts reality programming. Subscribers of HGTV enjoy watching a plethora of content related to real estate and home improvement. Approximately 96 million American households with television receive HGTV. It overtook CNN as the 3rd most-watched cable channel in 2016, behind Fox News and ESPN. This is a startling figure and speaks a volume of its massive popularity. Those looking for the correct steps to stream the best HGTV shows should read through the blog and be equipped with the steps to activate HGTV on different streaming devices using the official watch.hgtv.com/activate page.
If you or anyone in your family is immensely in love with the residence and is constantly trying to add value, the programs of HGTV will surely placate as they mainly focus on renovation, home-buying, reality shows, etc. So, what are you waiting for? Subscribe to HGTV and get the app installed on your streaming device at home. That’s how you begin watching your favorite shows and learn how to give a flamboyant look to your abode.
About HGTV | Pay-TV Providers for HGTV | Compatible Devices for Watching HGTV Programs
HGTV expanded as Home & Garden Television is a popular site that allows you to watch full episodes and live streams from HGTV in HD on the tablet, the web, or your smartphone. For the best viewing experience on your smartphone or mobile devices, you should download the HGTV app.
If you wish to watch popular shows, such as My Lottery Dream Home, Flip or Flop, Love it or List it, House Hunters, Good Bones, Home Town, House Hunters International, and Fixer to Fabulous on the HGTV on the larger screen, you should have one of these compatible devices – Roku, Apple TV, iOD devices, Android devices, Amazon Fire TV, and Samsung Smart TV. Also, you should have a pay-TV provider that supports HGTV. The most popular providers that you may opt to have are – DirecTV, Cox, AT&T U-verse, Dish, Verizon FiOS, Time Warner Cable Charter Spectrum, Optimum, Fubo TV, Hulu, Sling, Philo, Bright House Networks, and Midcontinent Communications.
How to Activate HGTV on Roku using watch.hgtv.com/activate and Start Streaming Video Content?
Before you go ahead and learn the steps to activate HGTV on your Roku device, make sure that you have an activated Roku account, Roku user ID and password, and a high-speed internet connection. Once you have these ready, you are good to go with the steps below –
- Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the Wi-Fi.
- Log into your Roku account using your user ID and password.
- Next, go to the channel store to locate the HGTV app.
- Type the HGTV keyword, you will have the results on the screen.
- Add the channel to the Roku channel list and launch it.
- You will receive a unique activation code, which must be kept carefully for future use.
- Now, open your browser on your computer or smartphone.
- Navigate to watch.hgtv.com/activate where you will be prompted to enter the activation code that you had already noted down.
- Enter the code in the desired field and click “ACTIVATE”.
Note: Your device and computer should both be connected to the internet to activate.
How to Activate HGTV on Apple TV using watch.hgtv.com/activate?
What are the required credentials to activate HGTV on your Apple TV? You would need a high-speed wireless connection, iTunes username and password, and service or cable provider login ID and password. Once you have these, you are most welcome to check the steps mentioned below.
- Start the process by switching on your Apple TV.
- Go to the Apple App Store and look for the Home & Garden Television app on the channel store.
- Proceed with the download after finding it. It may prompt you to enter your iTunes username and password for the download.
- Enter the username and password of your cable provider to activate the HGTV app.
How to Activate HGTV on Amazon Fire TV Stick at watch.hgtv.com/activate?
Users of Amazon Fire TV Stick can also stream the popular shows of Home & Garden Television. The steps are as follows –
- Make sure the Amazon Fire TV Stick device is turned on and is connected to the high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Go to the Amazon Store to download the HGTV app.
- Complete the download process and launch the app.
- This will display an activation code.
- Take note of it and open your browser.
- Type in watch.hgtv.com/activate or hgtv.com/firetv.
- Enter the activation code if prompted and click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
- You should see a “Congratulations” message on the screen.
How to Activate HGTV on Samsung Smart TV at watch.hgtv.com/activate?
The HGTV content can be streamed on Samsung Smart TV. For that, you must activate HGTV on Samsung Smart TV with the help of the following methods.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and go to the channel store to search for the HGTV app.
- Add the channel to the channel list after finding it and launch the same.
- A unique activation code will display on the screen. Keep it carefully for future use.
- On your computer or smartphone, open your favorite web browser and navigate to watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- You will be prompted to enter the activation code that you had already noted down.
- Enter the activation code in the required field.
- Click on the “ACTIVATE” button.
If it prompts you to enter the cable provider details like user ID and password, enter the same. Then, refresh the home page and you should see the channel icon on the channel list.
You can also watch the HGTV Live channel on your mobile device. Android users should go to the Google Play Store and get the HGTV app to view live TV on HGTV. For iOS users, they should go to the Apple App Store and download the HGTV app to watch live TV on HGTV.