We all know plex.tv/link is the official URL to connect your TV with your PMS (Plex Media Server). To access the link, you need to boast a robust Internet connection. However, lately, people have reported or encountered the “plex.tv/link is not working” issue and the Internet is not the cause. Then what is? If you wish to fix the issue, we encourage you to stick around this guide till the end.
Plex.tv/link is not working – Why?
Is it just the Internet issue, or are you facing a sign-in error? It is imperative to diagnose the causes or reasons why plex.tv/link is not working. Once you are able to diagnose the cause, you can easily connect Plex to your TV to view content.
Some of the most apparent reasons why plex.tv/link is not working include –
- Plex servers are down
- Outdated version of PMS
- Already signed into Plex Media Server
- Active proxy
- Active VPN software
- Faulty connection
- PMS is not running
How to Fix Plex.tv/link is not working Issue
Keep an eye on the above reasons, fix them one by one, and check whether plex.tv/link works fine now.
Below are the easy steps to fix the problems.
Update PMS (Plex Media Server): Begin the troubleshooting process by updating your PMS if you are using an outdated or obsolete version of the PMS.
- Go to the Media Server Download page on your computer.
- Choose your platform from the drop-down menu.
- Computer: Windows, Mac, Linux, FreeBSD
- Nas: ASUSTOR, Netgear, FreeNAS, Drobo, QNAP, Seagate, Western Digital (OS 3), Western Digital, unRAID, Thecus, TerraMaster, Synology (DSM 7), and Synology.
- Other: Docker
- Also, you need to ensure the apps & devices that you use should be updated. Go to this page and select Apps & Devices.
- Select the device from the drop-down menu.
- Amazon Alexa
- Android Auto
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Google Daydream
- Lenovo Mirage Solo VR
- Oculus Go
- Nvidia Shield
- Portal from Facebook
- Smart TVs
- Samsung Gear VR
Sign out from Plex Account: Are you already signed in to your Plex account? When the app stops working and fails to connect to the Plex server, here’s what you need to do to get rid of the issue.
- Make sure you sign out of your Plex account. (This applies in both the app and PMS.)
- After signing out, use the log-in credentials to sign back in to your Plex account.
- You need to sign in to your account in the app, the Plex Media Server, or through plex.tv/link.
Consider Connecting Devices to Same IP Range: Did you just face the error message that read “Plex unable to connect to the content server?” If that is so, you need to confirm whether the PMS and app are on the same IP range. If they are not on the same network, your top priority should be getting both on the same local network.
Plex Media Server Is Not Running: Another reason you cannot connect to your TV if the PMS isn’t running. You need to re-launch the app before you try to pair up again.
Connect the Player App to Your Plex Account: You will need to connect your Plex account to the player app if Plex can’t find the server. Follow the steps below –
- Open the Plex app on your TV.
- Enter the sign-in details and Sign In.
- You will receive a 4-digit activation code on the screen.
- Open your computer or mobile to access the plex.tv/link.
- Enter the code in the correct field.
- Click the Submit button.
The player app will load automatically, thus linking it to your Plex account. Connecting the Player App to your Plex account confirms numerous benefits. Are you still experiencing the issues? In that case, you need to check whether the service is facing downtime. If the problem persists, you may reach out to industry-trained professionals.