Your new Roku remote has started showing some issues lately. You have tried and tested all the methods that you were aware of but in vain. No worries! We have got you covered in this post. Read on to know how to fix the blinking green light on the Roku remote.
The Roku remote green light blinking issue would leave you frustrated if it is not resolved sooner. When the green light on your Roku remote starts to blink or flash, it might stop working. Unless the issue is addressed, you wouldn’t make the most of your streaming player.
To ensure you face zero issues while accessing endless entertainment via your digital media player, we bring you the best of techniques to fix the blinking green light on the Roku remote.
Recommended Techniques to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote
The following recommended methods will surely fix the ongoing issues with your Roku remote. Make sure you stick to the techniques –
- Remove Power from Roku: Disconnect the Roku device from the power source, wait for a few moments, and connect it again by plugging back in. When you do that your Roku device becomes receptive to the pairing request from the remote.
- Hold Pairing Button: Open the battery and press and hold the pairing button in the remote battery compartment for a few moments. Make sure you are not just making a quick push. This wouldn’t do any good. The LED light will continue to blink until the pairing is complete.
Other Troubleshooting Steps to Fix Blinking Green Light on Roku Remote
Due to any reason, if you failed to find a solution, we recommend you to try the following steps. These steps will come in handy if you use a smartphone.
- On your phone, navigate to the App Store or Play Store and download the Roku remote app.
- After downloading the app, launch it.
- Go to “Settings” on the Roku and then navigate to the remotes.
- If asked to set up a new remote, you need to hit the “Pair” button on your Roku.
- Next to the flashing light on the Roku remote, you need to press the button.
- That’s it! It should work.
How Roku Users Have Resolved the Blinking Green Light Issue on Roku Remote Over the Years?
Although this is not a serious concern, it will not stop irritating you.
- Sometimes fixing the blinking green light is as easy as giving your remote more time to pair.
- Removing the batteries and left them off overnight. After several hours when you put them back, the irritating green flashing light would have been gone. This process wouldn’t require you to pair the remote and your remote would function as if nothing had happened.
- Consider getting a new remote as many users have already done it and have managed to fix the blinking green light on the Roku remote. Although this technique might not work always, leaving the remote without batteries would help fix the problem.
- When the green light wouldn’t stop flashing, get close to the Roku unit and hit the ‘B’ button on the remote. It stops flashing.
- If you own an iPhone, try getting the Roku app from the App Store. Next, you need to recognize pairing. The Roku app would fix the problem.
Hope you have followed all these steps meticulously to fix the blinking green light on your Roku remote.
How to Seek Roku Customer Support?
If the problem still persists, don’t hesitate to contact the official customer support help. Check out the following ways to get in touch with well-trained and highly qualified personnel.
- Contact Customer Support: Here’s how you can get the best resolution.
- Visit the official contact customer support page.
- Select an issue –
- Ask before I buy
- Questions about my account, billing, or an order
- Query about setup or using my Roku
- Questions about replacing my device
- After selecting your issue, you need to “Continue”.
- Stick to the on-screen instructions for quick assistance.
Note: Make sure you have signed in to your Roku account.
- Roku Community: The official Roku community page is the place where you can post your query to receive answers from an authorized expert or other users.
- Go to roku.com and navigate to the Roku Community page.
- Use the Search box below to get answers to your questions.
- The Community page has more than two hundred thousand topics.
- You will easily get Player Support Topics such as “Getting Started – Setup & How-to”, “Remote & Accessories”, “Network – Wireless & Wired Connections”, “Roku Device Features, Settings & Updates”, “Accounts, Billing, & Orders”, and more.
How to Fix Roku Remote Pairing Issues?
Having trouble pairing your Roku remote? Here are the best troubleshooting tips to fix the issues.
- Remove Batteries and Put Them Back: Begin the troubleshooting steps by removing the batteries of the remote and put them back in the socket. You need to ensure that the batteries are well-placed.
- Press Pairing Button: The pairing button should be on the backside of the device. Press it until the green light starts flashing. If you see the remote pairing screen on the TV, the problem is getting resolved. You may try other steps if the problem is still there.
- Remove Batteries and Detach Power Cable: Again, remote the batteries, remove the power cable, and wait for some time.
- Attach Cable and Put Batteries Back: Next, reconnect the power cable and place the batteries back in.
- Press Pairing Button: Now, you need to press the pairing button. Press and hold for a few moments, you will see the green light. It will start flashing. The pairing is successfully done.
You should be able to access all the entertainment as before.