The Xbox app plays a plethora of roles. It helps you stay connected to friends and games. Moreover, it allows you to control your console. The app acts as a companion app for game consoles and is designed for Android, iOS, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11.
If the Xbox app acts up or stops working, you will indeed have an issue playing your favorite game. So, what should you do when the “Xbox app not working”? Check out common problems and find the troubleshooting tips below.
Common Xbox App Problems
Your Xbox app wouldn’t work due to the following common problems.
- The app is too slow.
- It has crashed.
- The app has closed unexpectedly.
- Corrupted data.
- Network interruption.
- Text in a different language.
- Wrong configuration.
How to Fix Xbox App Not Working Issues
Here are the best troubleshooting tips if you can’t communicate during a party, can’t see game clips, or have other common issues.
The Xbox App is running too slow
Is your app too slow? You can simply change the settings to High-Performance Mode. If your Android device has this option, enabling this will improve the performance. IOS users can verify if the Low Power Mode is already enabled. This option is there under the Battery Settings. Disable this mode to see if you get better results.
How to Troubleshoot App Crashing Problem
Many users report the Xbox App crashing or closing unexpectedly issue. Here’s how to fix it.
On Android: The following troubleshooting steps will help you fix the Xbox app crashing problem on your Android device (phone & tablet).
- Close the app and turn off your Android phone.
- Please switch it on and clear the app cache.
- To clear the Xbox app cache, go to the Settings and look for Apps.
- Tap on the Xbox app and select Storage.
- You can tap the Clear cache option.
- Moreover, if you still face the same issue, uninstall the Xbox app and reinstall it.
- To do that, select the app and tap Uninstall.
- Please wait for some time and install it again from the Play Store.
Note: You must check the app after every troubleshooting step to ensure it is working fine. Go to the next step if it shows an error.
On iOS: Check the steps below to fix the Xbox app crashing error.
- Close the app.
- Turn off your iOS device (iPhone or iPad).
- Switch on your device.
- If that doesn’t fix the error, delete the app. Wait for a few seconds and reinstall the app from the App Store.
Guide to Fix Can’t See Game Clips Error
If you don’t see game clips or screenshots, you need to ensure that the video clips have been uploaded to your Xbox app. Also, ensure that those video clips aren’t saved locally to your console. Now, follow the steps below to fix the error.
- Press the Xbox button (on your console) on your controller to open the guide.
- Go to Profile & System and select Settings.
- Tap the Preferences option and select Capture & Share.
- You should see the option that says “Automatically upload.”
- Under this, select Captures by more or games. Or, you can select the Captures by me option.
- Allow others to see your captures by pressing the Xbox button.
- Open the guide and tap Profile & System.
- Tap Settings > General.
- Select the Online safety & family option.
- Choose Privacy & online safety > Xbox privacy.
- Select the View details & customize option.
- Press the Game content option.
Make sure you have selected your preferred settings to share and view screenshots and clips.
Resort to the phone support or chat if the problem persists.