This guide will explain how to activate your Rocket League account on gaming platforms like Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, or Steam via rocketleague.com/activate. So, let’s get started!
Rocket League is a popular vehicular soccer video game developed by Psyonix in 2015 for Windows and PS4. Since then, it has been ported to Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, GeForce Now, and Linux.
If you like competitive multi-player video games, you will have many reasons to fall for Rocket League. Whether you’re a seasoned player or just getting started, activating your Rocket League account is essential to enjoy the game fully.
To play Rocket League on your favorite gaming platforms, purchase the game, create an account, and link your Rocket League account with your device at rocketleague.com/activate.
Why Activate Your Rocket League Account?
Activating your Rocket League account is crucial for several reasons. First and foremost, it allows you to access all the features and functionalities of the game.
By activating your account, you can unlock various game modes, customize your car, and participate in online matches with players from all over the world.
Additionally, activating your account enables cross-platform progression, meaning you can share your inventory, competitive rank, and Rocket Pass tier across different platforms.
Rocketleague.com Activate on Gaming Devices 
The cross-platform progression of Rocket League is only possible when you have an Epic Games Account. Therefore, the first step of the activation process is to create or sign in to an existing Epic Games Account.
Prerequisites to Link Rocket League Account
The following must-have requirements will speed up the activation process.
- Reliable internet connection.
- An account with Epic Games.
- Compatible gaming console.
- A second device to access the rocketleague/activate link.
To know how to link your Rocket League account to an Epic Games account, follow the steps provided below:
- To begin with, launch a web browser on your computer or mobile device and visit rocketleague.com/activate.
- Click the Login button to link your Epicgames account.
- It will now prompt you to choose a sign-in method. (If you don’t have an Epic Games account, click Sign Up.)
- Select a method you want to use to log into your Epic Games account and enter the sign-in credentials.
- Now, you will see all the already connected external accounts in the Epic Games Account Portal.
- To link any additional device on which you play Rocket League, like PlayStation, Xbox, Steam, and Switch, click Login and Connect.
- Review the information and click Link Account.
- Enter the email address & password and click the Sign in button.
- Press Yes to permit Epic Games to access your info.
- Once you have completed adding all the accounts, click Next.
- Now, select a Primary Platform and click on Preview.
- All the linked platforms will use your primary platform’s level, ranks, and Rocket Pass progress. (Make sure you select the platform with the most progress and highest competitive rank.)
- Click Confirm after reviewing all the accounts linked to your Rocket League accounts.
You have successfully linked your Rocket League account. You can now share your Rocket League items, progression, rank, and inventory across all platforms.
Note: Balances related to Credit and Esports tokens will stay associated with each device as they cannot be transferred. In the future, if you wish to change the primary platform, visit rocketleague.com/activate. You can only change your primary platform once a month.
How to link your Rocket League account (already linked with another Epic Games account)?
You may likely come across the following error message while linking or connecting your platform to your Epic Games account –
“Sorry, but this PSN account has already been associated with another Epic Games account.“
Make sure you follow the steps carefully to overcome this issue –
- Open epicgames.com/login on a web browser.
- Click the appropriate sign-in option and enter the required login details.
- After signing in to your Epic Games account, you can unlink the platform from your Epic Games account.
- Once unlinked, access rocketleague.com/activate.
- Click Log In > Sign In With Epic Games.
- Now to link your Rocket League account, click Login and Connect.
- Once the platform is connected, you are ready to change your Primary Platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unless you create an Epic Games account or log into your existing Epic Games account, you cannot play Rocket League on your gaming console or PC.
To set up a Primary Platform, visit rocketleague.com/activate and log in to your Epic Games account. Remember that your Primary Platform is your source of progression for all your connected platforms.
Rocket League is free to play and can be downloaded from the Epic Games Store.
As soon as you link a platform to the Epic Games account, you will unlock the Chopper EG Wheel.
Stuck at home and feeling lonely? You may like to try your hands at video games. This is an excellent opportunity if you haven’t played Rocket League on your favorite platform yet. Don’t forget to create an account after purchasing the Rocket League game and link it at the rocketleague/activate.