UKTV Media Limited, commonly known as UKTV, is a British multi-channel broadcaster owned by BBC Studios (earlier known as BBC Worldwide). It is among the largest TV companies in the UK.
UKTV offers UKTV Play, a free on-demand TV service, to its customers. On the UKTV Play app, you can watch your favourite TV shows for free on your media player, streaming stick, Smart TV, mobile, and tablet.
The UKTV Play app is available on all major streaming devices, such as Apple TV, Roku, Now boxes, Samsung Smart TV, and Amazon FireStick. To access UKTV Play on such devices, you must install the UKTV Play app from the relevant app store and activate it at uktvplay.co.uk/activate.
For complete information, you can refer to the instructions below –
Guide to Activate UKTV Play App on Roku, Apple TV, and FireStick 
Before you try to activate the UKTV Play app on any of the compatible streaming devices at uktvplay.co.uk/activate, make sure you have the below prerequisites handy –
- Updated Streaming device or Smart TV
- Wi-Fi connection recommended
- UKTV account credentials
- A second device to access the uktvplay.co.uk activate link.
If the above things are available to you, follow the step-by-step guide below to activate UKTV Play on your preferred streaming device –
uktvplay.co.uk/activate Apple TV
To watch UKTV Play on your Apple TV, install and open the app on your TV and follow the instructions to activate it –
- Launch the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Use the Search option to find the UKTV Play app in the App Store.
- Next, tap the Get button to install the app.
- Once installed, launch the app on Apple TV.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get a 5-digit activation code and URL.
- Open www.uktvplay.co.uk/activate on a web browser.
- Sign in to your UKTV account using your email address and password. (If you don’t have an account, click Register to Watch.)
- Please enter the code displayed on your Apple TV and click Activate.
Then, if prompted, complete the remaining on-screen prompts and start watching the UKTV Play app content on your Apple TV.
Steps to Activate uktvplay.co.uk on FireStick
Find step-by-step instructions on how to get the UKTV Play app on your Amazon Fire TV. However, before following the steps, remember to update your Fire TV to the latest version of OS available.
- Open the Find section from your Fire TV home screen.
- In the Find screen, use the search option to locate the UKTV Play app.
- Press the Get button to download & install the app to your Fire TV.
- After installation, press Open to launch the app.
- Inside the UKTV Play app, play any random content to generate a unique 5-digit activation code.
- Once you have the code, open a web browser on your computer or mobile device and access uktvplay.co.uk/activate.
- Select the REGISTER/SIGN-IN option to log in to your account.
- After signing in, enter the activation code and confirm it.
After successful verification, you can watch the UKTV Play programming on your Fire TV.
Uktvplay.co.uk Activate on Roku Device
Here’s a rundown of steps to install and activate the UKTV Play app on your Roku TV –
- From the home screen of your Roku device, navigate to the Steaming Channels > Search option.
- Please search for the UKTV Play app and select it from the search results.
- Next, install the app by pressing the Add channel button.
- Once installed, select the Go to channel option to launch the UKTV Play app on Roku.
- On the next screen, play any content from the app. Then, select the Sign In / Register option.
- Your TV screen will display a 5-digit registration code along with instructions.
- Now visit www.uktvplay.co.uk/activate on another device.
- On the activation page, select the REGISTER or SIGN IN option.
- Once logged in, submit the activation code and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
The UKTV Play app is now active on your Roku device.
How to Create a UKTV Play account?
You can’t activate the UKTV Play app on your streaming device until you have an active account with UKTV. So follow these steps to register for an account.
- On a web browser, visit www.uktvplay.co.uk/activate.
- Click on the Register to Watch option.
- Enter your email address, password, first name, last name, birth date, gender, and postcode.
- Select the checkbox if you want to receive emails about upcoming shows.
- After filling in all the required details, click the REGISTER TO WATCH button.
- Then, check the instructions in the email to confirm your email address.
Your new UKTV account is now created. You can now use these credentials to activate UKTV Play on your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Note that the code can be used only once and expires after 30 minutes. So if you use the code after the said duration, it will not work. However, you can use the new code from the TV screen to activate the UKTV Play app at uktvplay.co.uk/activate.
Most of the content available on the UKTV Play app features subtitles. Episodes with subtitles are indicated with an “S” icon next to the episode’s description.
Most of the Samsung Smart TVs manufactured after 2015 support the UKTV Play app. However, update your TV before you try activating the UKTV Play app on it.
The activation code will appear on your TV screen when you try to play a show without logging in.
To update your Fire TV, go to Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for System Update.