Here, we will explain how to activate the CTV app on your streaming device at www.ctv.ca/activate using the login code.
CTV Television Network, also known as CTV, is a Canadian English-language television network. It is the largest privately owned television network in Canada and is now a division of the Bell Media subsidiary of BCE.
The CTV Network offers a wide range of programming, including news, sports, drama, comedy, and reality shows. It also broadcasts major events, such as the Super Bowl, the Canadian Football League (CFL), the National Hockey League (NHL), the Academy Awards, and the Olympic Games in Canada.
To watch CTV on your TV-connected device or smart TV, you must subscribe to a participating TV provider or streaming service. If you already have a subscription, simply install the CTV app and activate your device at ctv.ca/activate using your TV provider login credentials.
What is ctv.ca/activate?
ctv.ca/activate is a website where you can activate your CTV account on a streaming device such as a Roku, smart TV, Xbox, Firestick, or PS4. To access CTV on your smart TV, you must visit ctv.ca/activate and enter the 5-digit activation code shown on the TV screen. Once you enter the code, you can start streaming the service from your device directly.
If you don’t have a 5-digit activation code, you can create a new CTV account without one. However, you can only use CTV on a streaming device with an activation code.
How to Activate CTV.ca on Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, and Smart TV 
If you want to access CTV on your streaming devices like Roku, Apple TV, Samsung TV, Amazon Fire TV, or Android TV, the process is pretty simple and can be completed in just 10 easy steps.
Note: To activate the CTV app, you must sign in with your TV provider to verify your active subscription.
If you have the CTV Channel app installed on your Roku device, you will never run out of entertainment. Whether it is a comedy that busts your stress or a nail-biting suspense program, the CTV app ticks every box of your preferences. Check out the steps to add & activate CTV.ca on Roku:
- Scroll down and select the Streaming Channels option on your Roku home screen.
- Use the Search option to find the CTV app on Roku.
- Press the Add Channel button to add the app.
- Post-installation, tap the Go to channel button to launch the app.
- Select the Sign In option located under the Account Management section.
- Doing so will provide a code and CTV activation link on your TV screen.
- Visit https://www.ctv.ca/activate on another device and select your TV provider.
- Enter your TV Provider account credentials to sign in.
- Once logged in, submit the code and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
You can now stream live and on-demand channels on the CTV app.
How to Activate the CTV App on Android TV
The CTV streaming app is available on Android TV. To download and activate the CTV app on Android TV at www.ctv.ca/activate:
- Go to the Apps section on your Android TV.
- Access the Google Play Store.
- Search for the CTV app in the Play Store.
- Select the CTV app from the search results and tap the Install button.
- After installation, tap Open to launch the CTV app on Android TV.
- From the welcome screen, go to the Account Management section and select Sign-in.
- Your TV screen will present you with an activation code.
- Now, visit ctv.ca/activate on a separate device to link your TV provider.
- Select your service provider and sign in with relevant credentials.
- Enter the code and click Activate.
You can now watch CTV on your Android TV and get your daily dose of fun and excitement.
ctv.ca Activate on Apple TV
Follow the steps below to install & activate the CTV app on your Apple TV and access the vast library of shows, movies, channels, etc.
- Access the App Store on your Apple TV.
- Use the search option in the App Store to find the CTV app.
- Once found, select the app and tap the Get button to install it.
- After installation, tap the Open button to launch the app.
- Now, access the Account Management section to select the Sign In option.
- A one-time activation code will display on your screen.
- Keep the screen active and visit ctv.ca/activate on a PC or smartphone.
- Find your service provider from the given options or use the search feature.
- Log in with relevant account credentials.
- Then, enter the code in the prompted field and submit it.
Now, return to your Apple TV-connected screen and start enjoying the desired content from the CTV app.
Steps to Activate CTV on FireStick via ctv.ca/activate
Fire up your Fire TV device with the hot content from the CTV app. Here are the steps to help you activate CTV on FireStick –
- Go to the Find section on your Fire TV.
- Use the Search option to locate the CTV app.
- Select the app from the search results and tap the Get button to install CTV on Fire TV.
- When installed, press Open to launch the app.
- Inside the app, go to the Account Management section and select the Sign In option.
- You will see an activation code along with instructions on your TV.
- Visit ctv.ca/activate on a mobile or web browser.
- Select your service provider and sign in using the account credentials.
- Once logged in, submit the activation code and complete the on-screen prompts.
You should now access the CTV app on your Amazon Fire TV device.
https //www.ctv.ca/activate Samsung Smart TV
If you have a Samsung Smart TV, follow the activation steps suggested below:
- Press the Home icon button on your Samsung Smart TV remote.
- Open the Samsung Smart Hub on your TV screen.
- Here, use the search option to find the CTV app.
- Once you find the app, tap the Install button.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once installed, launch the app on your TV and go to the Account Management section.
- Select the Sign-in option under the Account Management section.
- You will see a unique code on your TV screen.
- Go to ctv.ca/activate on your mobile/web browser.
- Select your service provider and sign in with its credentials.
- After signing in, provide the activation code to verify the subscription.
Note: Remember to update your TV to the latest version to avoid activation issues.
Frequently Asked Questions
The CTV app allows you to watch new episodes of most of your favorite shows without signing into an account. However, you can access them for a limited period only. Also, CTV has a collection of top Hollywood movies and full seasons of numerous shows that you can access without signing in.
You can only access the CTV app on your mobile device or TV anywhere in Canada. However, you can’t use it outside Canada (including the US).
Consider restarting the CTV app and following the activation process again at ctv.ca/activate. Also, check your internet connection. If the problem persists, contact your TV Service provider for appropriate assistance.
Yes, the CTV app comes with the Parental Control feature that requires a PIN when trying to view content rated above the configured age level. To configure PIN/Passcode on a profile, go to the “Edit your profile” screen in your profile menu and select the Edit option next to the PIN field to set or change a PIN.
CTV is not entirely free. You can watch some of its content for free on its website and app, but you must sign in with a TV service provider. This means you must have a cable or satellite TV subscription to watch CTV live.
However, there are some CTV shows and movies that you can watch for free without signing in. These shows and movies are typically older or less popular titles. You can find them on the CTV website and app under the “Free” section.