May 17, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Activate YouTube on Fire TV/ Fire stick at youtube.com /activate?
Last updated on October 13th, 2021
YouTube application is a must-have if you are using Amazon Fire TV. With a YouTube application on your Fire TV, you can enjoy all the benefits that the video-sharing website has to offer. Not only Fire TV, but you can also access YouTube and use Amazon Alexa to manage the application on almost all Amazon Fire TV devices. The official YouTube application can be downloaded from the Amazon App Store. If you wish to access the YouTube application on your Amazon Fire TV, you will first need to download and install it on your Amazon Fire TV and then activate it on the youtube.com/activate page. To know how to activate YouTube on the youtube.com/activate page, follow the information provided below.
Guide to Activate YouTube on the youtube.com/activate Page
- To begin with, you will first need to turn on your Amazon Fire TV and make sure it is connected to your internet.
- Next, you will need to go to the home screen of your Amazon Fire TV by pressing the home icon button on your Fire TV remote.
- Once you are on the homepage of your Fire TV, you will either need to use the search option or go to the Apps section.
- If you use the search option from the home screen, you must enter YouTube in the search field and press the search icon. Then, from the search result, select the YouTube app to get to the preview page. On the other hand, if you open the Apps option, you will need to browse through the different lists and categories to find the YouTube app. Once you find the app, tap on it to get to the preview page.
NOTE: Another ideal way to find the YouTube app is to press and hold the Voice button and say “YouTube.” Doing so will also direct you to the preview page of the application.
- Once you are on the homepage of the YouTube app, you will need to press the Install button to download and install the application on your Fire TV.
- Once the application gets installed on your Fire TV, you will need to press the Open button on the same screen or get back to the home screen to launch the YouTube application.
- As you open the YouTube application on your screen Fire TV, you will need to look for the activation code.
- Once you find the activation code on the YouTube application’s screen, you will need to open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to the activation page of YouTube using the URL – youtube.com/activate.
- You will need to enter the activation code in the provided field and then press the Next button on the activation page.
- After that, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts until you see the confirmation message that the YouTube application has been activated successfully. Once you see the confirmation message, you will be signed into the YouTube application on your Fire TV.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate the YouTube application on your Amazon Fire TV. However, suppose you are not prompted with an activation code, and you are directly asked to enter the login credentials to sign in to the application on your Fire TV. In that case, you can skip the activation process and enter your username and password in the provided fields to log into the application. Moreover, If you don’t have a YouTube account yet or wish to use a separate YouTube account with your Amazon Fire TV, you can sign up for a new YouTube account by following these steps.
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or PC and go to the YouTube sign-in page using the URL – https://accounts.google.com/.
NOTE: Since YouTube is a part of Google suite, you will be directed to the sign-in page of Google.
- Once you are on the Sign-in page of YouTube, you will need to click or tap on the Create account option. This will direct you to the next page, where you will need to provide basic details such as First name, Last name, email address, password, and Confirm password.
- After entering the required information in the appropriate fields, you will need to press the Next button.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the sign-up process for your new YouTube account.
- Your new YouTube account will get created, and you can use it to access the YouTube application on your Amazon Fire TV.
And, this is how you can create a new YouTube account that you can use to access YouTube on your Amazon Fire TV.