Not only do Roku devices help you watch your favorite movies and TV shows, but also they stream live TV so that you can watch sports on the big screen.
The best way to watch soccer on Roku depends on your needs and preferences. If you have a cable subscription, you can watch most soccer matches without subscribing to any additional services. However, if you don’t have cable or want to watch more soccer matches than are available on cable, you can subscribe to a live TV streaming service or a subscription streaming service.
If you are a soccer fan, we will bring you a bunch of Roku channels to stream soccer from around the globe.
Remember that these Roku channels may or may not require a cable subscription. You can always opt for a streaming service subscription if you don’t find your favorite Roku channel offering soccer matches in your standard cable package.
How to Watch Soccer on Roku (with or without Cable)
There are many ways to watch soccer on Roku, with or without cable. Here are a few options:
- With cable: If you have a cable subscription, you can watch soccer on many of the channels that are included in your package. These channels include FOX Sports, FS1, NBC Sports, beIN Sports, and ESPN.
- Live TV streaming services: There are many live TV streaming services that offer soccer channels. These services include fuboTV, Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, and DIRECTV STREAM.
- Subscription streaming services: There are also a few subscription streaming services that focus on live sports. These services include ESPN+, Paramount+, and Peacock.
- Free streaming services: There are a few free streaming services that offer soccer matches. These services include The Roku Channel, Pluto TV, and Crackle.
Roku has a list of stunning devices to watch high-voltage soccer matches on TV. But you must get these channels first and add them to your device to start watching top soccer leagues like NFL on Roku.
fuboTV is the world’s only sports-focused live TV streaming service that brings exclusive footage from top leagues and teams. You don’t need a cable subscription to stream fuboTV on Roku. All you need to do is sign up with fuboTV, subscribe to a suitable package, and watch live soccer, on-demand, and other top entertainment.
FuboTV is home to 50 live channels, and you will get them all on your Roku with a premium plan.
fuboTV has three affordable packages – monthly, quarterly, and annual.
Don’t forget that fuboTV has many other entertainment channels. So, start your free trial and enjoy hundreds of channels based on your location.
Another channel that you can add to your Roku device to watch tons of soccer matches is FOX Sports. A valid subscription through a participating TV provider lets you watch FOX Sports for free on your Roku device.
All leading TV providers, including AT&T U-Verse, Breeze Line, Comcast Xfinity, DIRECTV, DISH, Hulu + Live TV, Philo, and Sling, offer FOX Sports in their packages.
NBC Sports to Roku
Are you a fan of the English Premier League? Then, you must add the NBC Sports channel app to your Roku device and access its live content through a participating TV provider. The National Broadcasting Company owns the broadcast rights to the EPL.
Following these quick steps, you can add NBC Sports to your Roku channel list.
- Navigate to the Streaming Channels option from the home screen of your Roku.
- Select the Search Channels option.
- Search for the NBC Sports Roku channel app.
- Click the Add Channel button to install the app.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Inside the app, you will see a unique to link your TV provider.
- Once you have the code, visit nbcsports.com/activate on another device.
- Select your device, enter the activation code (shown on your TV), and click Continue.
- Sign in with your cable provider credentials to watch soccer matches live on Roku.
Install the ESPN Plus app on Roku to watch on-demand or live soccer, including La Liga, FA Cup, Copa Del Rey, US Open Cup, Bundesliga, MLS, Carabao Cup, and more.
ESPN Plus offers world-class soccer coverage all in one place. However, you will require a valid subscription to ESPN Plus through ESPN+, Hulu, and Disney+ (bundle) for only $13.99 per month or directly with ESPN+ at just $9.99 per month.
Enjoy Soccer with Fanatiz
Fanatiz is a worldwide sports streaming service that offers live and on-demand events and channels. The application is the exclusive streaming service for the Argentine Super League and Peruvian League 1 in several territories around the world and the only distributor of all Boca Juniors and River Plate local matches in Canada and the US.
If you wish to access Soccer on Roku using Fanatiz, you must download and install the app from the Channel Store. To install the Fanatiz app on Roku, follow the information below –
- Turn on your Roku device and navigate to the home screen. (Press the home button on your Roku remote.)
- Once you are on the home screen, scroll down to get to Streaming Channels.
- Under the Streaming Channels section, select the Search option.
- In the search field, type Fanatiz using the virtual keypad.
- From the search result, choose the Fanatiz channel app and press the Add channel button to download and install the app on your Roku device.
- Once installed, please return to the home screen and launch the Fanatiz channel app.
- Sign in to your Fanatiz account to access your favorite soccer match on your Roku device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Definitely, Roku houses hundreds and thousands of free and paid channels so that you can watch movies, sports, news, and whatnot!
Roku has a ton of channels that stream live and on-demand soccer matches around the world.
There are many channels that carry soccer on Roku, both with and without cable. Some of the most popular channels include:
With cable: FOX Sports, FS1, NBC Sports, beIN Sports, ESPN
Live TV streaming services: fuboTV, Sling TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, DIRECTV STREAM
Subscription streaming services: ESPN+, Paramount+, Peacock
Free streaming services: The Roku Channel, Pluto TV, Crackle
The cost of watching soccer on Roku will vary depending on your chosen service. Live TV streaming services typically cost between $40 and $60 per month, while subscription streaming services usually cost between $5 and $15 per month. Free streaming services are available, but they may have limited content or ads.