June 16, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Access Netflix on Amazon Firestick?
Netflix is an over-the-top content platform and production company. The primary business of the company is a subscription-based streaming service providing online streaming from an extensive library of television series and films, as well as those produced in-house. At present, Netflix is known for having more than 208 million subscribers (approximately), out of which, approximately 74 million subscribers are from the United States and Canada. As Netflix is a member of the Motion Picture Association (MPA), it is also known for producing and distributing content from countries all over the world. Netflix application is available on numerous digital streaming devices and smart TVs. If you wish to access Netflix on your Amazon Firestick, you will first need to download and install the application of Netflix from the application store of your Amazon Firestick, and then activate the app by signing in. To know the completed process for accessing Netflix on your Amazon Firestick device, follow the instructions provided below.
Guide to Access Netflix on Amazon Firestick
As said earlier, you will first need to download and install the Netflix application from the application store of Amazon Firestick. Here are the steps that you will need to follow for that.
To Download and Install the Netflix Application On Amazon Firestick
- Firstly, you will need to turn on your Amazon Fire Stick and the TV to which it is connected. Make sure that your Firestick is connected to the internet and your TV screen is showing the right HDMI connection (to which your Firestick device is inserted).
- Once you have turned on your Amazon Fire Stick, you will need to go to the home screen. For this, you will need to press the home icon using your Firestick remote.
- Once you are on the home screen, you will need to select the Find or Search This will open the search box on your screen.
- In the search field, you will need to enter Netflix using the virtual keypad. If you have a wireless keyboard connected to your TV, you can also consider using it to type in the search field.
- Once you have entered “Netflix” in the search field, you will need to press the search icon. Doing so will display the search result on your screen. From the search result that will appear on your screen, you will need to select the Netflix application. This will direct you to the preview page of the application.
- On the preview page of the Netflix application, you will need to select the Install button and wait until the application gets installed on your Amazon Fire Stick. Depending on the speed of your internet, it will take a couple of seconds to minutes for the application to get downloaded and installed on your Amazon Firestick device.
Now, when you are done downloading and installing the Netflix application on your Amazon Firestick, you will need to activate the application by signing into your Netflix account. If you don’t have created a Netflix account yet, you can follow the instructions provided in the last section.
To Activate Netflix Application on the Amazon Firestick
- When the Netflix application gets installed on your Amazon Firestick, you will need to press the Open option. Alternatively, you can return to the home screen and launch the Netflix application.
NOTE: If you do not find the Netflix app icon appearing on the home screen, you can either use the search option or browse through the list of installed applications.
- Once you would have launched the Netflix application, you will be directed to the welcome screen of the application.
- On the welcome screen, you will be prompted to enter the Email or phone number using which you created your Netflix account.
- Next, you will need to enter the password in the provided field and press the Sign In
- Once you will press the Sign IN button, you will be logged into your Netflix account and you will be able to access the content from it on your Amazon Firestick device.
Related Blog: netflix.com/activate roku
To Sign Up for a Netflix Account
If you wish to sign up for a Netflix account, you can follow the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your computer, phone, or tablet and go to the home page of Netflix using the URL – https://www.netflix.com/.
- Once you are on the home page of Netflix, you will need to click or tap on the Sign In button located on the top-right corner of the screen. You will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to click or tap on the Sign up now Doing so will direct you to the sign-up page.
- On the sign-up page, you will need to enter your email address and press the Get Started
- After that, you will simply need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the sign-up process of your Netflix account.
And, this is how you can create your Netflix account and use the credentials to sign into the Netflix app on your Amazon Firestick.