March 12, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Activate Sync My Ride on www.syncmyride.com activate
Last updated on October 8th, 2021
Sync my Ride is a smart feature offered by SYNC which allows you to use your voice to manage calls, choose applications, listen to music, and much more through Ford AppLink. This technology also allows users to keep their eyes on the road and hands on the Wheel. If you have recently bought a new Ford car and have yet to set up Sync My Ride, you can follow the information provided below. The following guide will help you to set up and activate Sync My Ride feature via syncmyride.com/activate.
Guide to Activate Sync My Ride on syncmyride.com/activate
When you activate Ford Sync My Ride technology, you will experience and enjoy the latest connectivity features, including Ford+Alexa, SYNC AppLink, SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot, and SYNC Connect FordPass.
Below are the steps that will help you in connecting to your phone.
To Activate SYNC My Ride
- To begin with, you will first need to create your account at the Ford Sync My Ride website. For this, open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer and go to the Sync My Ride.
- Once you are on the website, you will need to select the “HELLO, YOUR NAME” option, and then you will need to select the “Your Settings” option.
- Next, in the Settings section, you must select the “Vehicles & SYNC” tab.
- Then, under the “Vehicles & SYNC” section, you will need to locate the “SYNC Mobile Settings” option and choose the “Add a Number” option.
- After that, you will need to enter your phone number and the desired nickname. It is to be noted that the nickname will be remembered by your phone.
- Then, you will need to download and install the Ford Sync Destinations application on your phone, and then you will need to enable the Bluetooth feature on your phone. Doing so will automatically connect when you begin your Ford.
Activating Sync My Ride at syncmyride.com/activate
To know how to activate Sync My Ride on the syncmyride.com/activate page, you must follow the instructions provided below.
- Open a web browser on your phone, tablet, or computer, and go to the Sync My Ride activation page using the URL – com/activate.
- Once you are on the activation page, you will need to click on the Register/Sign in option located in the top-right corner of the screen. Then, you will be directed to the next page.
- On the next page, you will need to enter your email or username and password in the provided field and then press the Sign In
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- In case you need assistance with the activation process of the Sync My Ride feature, you can click on the Support option on the activation page and browse through the assistance options to find an answer for your particular query.
Different Features of Ford SYNC
- SYNC AppLink features allow you to quickly launch and manage your top smartphone applications using your voice commands or the touchscreen of your Ford.
- Ford+Alexa is a savior whether you wish to know the traffic information for your office or to a nearby shop on the way. Ford+Alexa offers over 30,000 skills to make things easier for you, as well it allows you to connect with supported smart devices in your home.
- SYNC Connect FordPass feature is ideal if you wish to have remote control and security. This feature lets you easily keep track location of your vehicle, learn vital service information, chill the cabin before you get inside, or lock or unlock remotely.
- SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot allows users to connect with up to ten different supported devices at once while also providing access within a range of 50 feet around the vehicle.
- With the SYNC 3 Android Auto/Apple CarPlay feature, you can take and place calls, send/read/reply to your text messages, check voicemail messages, and stream music. Moreover, you can also have access to live traffic reports and voice-guided navigation.
So, these are the steps that you will need to follow to activate the Sync My Ride on the syncmyride.com/activate page.