For its newer range of vehicles, Ford offers an “in-vehicle infotainment” system (termed SYNC). The SYNC AppLink equips drivers with touchscreen input and voice-activated controls for hand-free operation of the various components in the car and mobile smartphones via USB cable or Bluetooth technology.
This technology also allows users to keep their eyes on the road and hands on the Wheel.
If you have bought a new Ford car and wish to set up SYNC AppLink, you can follow the information below. In addition, the following guide will help you activate the SyncMyRide feature via syncmyride.com.
How To Create a SyncMyRide Account?
Before following the below-mentioned steps to set up the SYNC AppLink feature, make sure to have an online account with Ford. If you already have an account, you can skip this part.
- Open the Ford account registration page.
- Enter your email address in the provided field and click the Request Email button.
- Now, open the email message from Ford and click on the Verify Email option.
- Once your email account gets verified, enter your First Name, Last Name, and Password in the prompted field.
- Next, agree to the Terms and Conditions by selecting the checkbox next to the given option.
- Then, click on the Create Account button.
- Your Ford online account is now active.
Guide to Activate Syncmyride on syncmyride.com
By enabling the SYNC AppLink feature, you can use voice commands and wheel buttons on steering to manage your favorite applications on your smartphone and similar devices. Below are the steps to help you get SYNC AppLink enabled within a few minutes.
NOTE: The SYNC AppLink feature is not supported by SYNC with MyFord Touch
- First, download the SYNC AppLink compatible mobile application on your smartphone.
- You can find the list of SYNC AppLink compatible mobile apps in the App Catalog.
- Once you have installed the mobile application, you will need to pair your phone with SYNC.
- Follow the below-mentioned steps to pair your phone depending on the SYNC version.
- Make sure your vehicle is Parked.
- Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone.
- On your vehicle’s SYNC screen, select the Phone icon.
- Next, select the ADD A PHONE option on the screen and follow the instructions.
For SYNC 4
- Enable the Bluetooth option on your device.
- Go to the Settings section on your vehicle’s SYNC screen.
- Select the CONNECTIVITY option in the SETTINGS section.
- Next, tap on the BLUETOOTH option.
- From the given options, select the ADD A BLUETOOTH DEVICE option. You will be prompted to search for your vehicle on your phone.
- You will be provided a number on your phone and SYNC screen for pairing.
- Confirm that the number on both your devices matches.
- Your device will then be paired successfully.
For SYNC 4A
- Enable the Bluetooth feature on your device.
- Next, tap on the Vehicle image located on the left side of your SYNC screen.
- Then, go to SETTINGS > CONNECTIVITY > BLUETOOTH option.
- Turn on the Bluetooth option.
- Now, tap the ADD A BLUETOOTH DEVICE option.
- Select the vehicle on your device. This will display a PIN on your device and your SYNC screen.
- Make sure the number on both your devices matches. If they do, confirm the pairing.
- The screen will notify you about the successful pairing of the device.
For SYNC 3
- On your vehicle’s SYNC 3 screen, select the Phone option.
- Next, tap the Add Device option. SYNC 3 will display the device’s name if a phone is already paired.
- Perform the scan on your phone until you see SYNC 3 option. You will either find “SYNC” or your vehicle’s model as the option.
- If prompted to provide a PIN, enter it from your SYNC screen.
- However, if not prompted to provide a PIN, confirm that the PIN displayed on both devices is the same.
- Then, tap the Pair option on your phone and Yes on your SYNC screen.
- A “Pairing Successful” message will display on your screen.
- Next, enable or disable the 911 Assist and Auto-Download Contacts feature and tap the Finish button.
After following the steps mentioned above, you can easily activate the syncmyride feature in your Ford car anytime and enjoy the below features.
- SYNC AppLink allows you to launch and manage your smartphone apps using voice commands.
- Ford+Alexa is a savior whether you wish to know the traffic information for your office or to a nearby shop on the way.
- SYNC Connect FordPass feature is ideal if you wish to track the location of your vehicle, learn vital service information, chill the cabin before you get inside, or lock or unlock remotely.
- SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot allows users to connect with ten different supported devices at once.
- With the SYNC 3 Android Auto/Apple CarPlay feature, you can take and make calls, send/read/reply to your text messages, check voicemail messages, and stream music.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Go to the Phone tab on your vehicle’s SYNC screen.
– Select the Phone List option.
– From the given list, select the phone you wish to unpair.
– Next, tap the Delete option (trash icon).
– Confirm the unpairing by pressing the Yes button.
– The device will be unpaired.
To adjust auto-dim, brightness, enable/disable SYNC screen, and similar features, you can follow these steps:
– Access the Settings section from your vehicle’s SYNC screen.
– Next, tap the Display option.
– Adjust the screen brightness.
– Change the screen mode to Day, Night, or Auto.
– Enable or disable the Auto Dim feature.
– Turn off the screen by selecting the Display Off bar.
If your Fore vehicle comes with SYNC 3 or a newer SYNC version, you can use Android Auto or Apple CarPlay for navigation.
You can easily change the language in the SYNC 4 system by following these steps:
– Go to the Settings section from your SYNC screen.
– Next, select the General tab.
– Then, choose the preferred language from the given options using the arrow icons.