October 7, 2021 / Activate Guide
Enter Activation Code at google.com /device and Manage Devices
Last updated on October 11th, 2021
It is incredible to have a Google account as the tech giant lets you accomplish multiple tasks quite efficiently. Did you know that Google facilitates your experience to manage various Google accounts and devices connected via the google.com/device page? In this guide, we will discuss how you can make the most out of this page by entering the code to manage multiple devices, which includes accessing or removing apps or devices.
Doubtlessly, Google dominates the search engine industry. To ensure it dominates other areas, too, Google has launched several products or services over the years. Although some products are ideal for mobile phones or tablets, the experiences that smart TVs and streaming platforms offer need a technical approach. This involves grabbing an activation code and using it on the google.com/device page.
Want to know what this webpage is all about and how this works? Go through this post and we will walk you through the process easily.
Everything you want to know about google.com/device
Google.com/device is nothing but the authorized activation page or link that allows you to “manage, activate, and view the list of devices” that have used your Google account. Through this link, you will not only be able to activate devices but also make your account secure. To carry out this process, you will need your Google account credentials – username and password along with the code.
Are you trying to use a device that is not manufactured by Google? Well, you are going to find the google.com/device page pretty handy. An activation code will be required to link your Google account and the device. The unique activation code generated by Google is a security measure to protect your account. It will only mean that you are the sole account owner, not a hacker. Moreover, Google will protect you from using your account on unauthorized devices.
Step-by-Step Guide to Use Code at google.com/device
Let’s get started with the process and use the code at google.com/device effectively. Once done, you will be able to connect your Google account to the new device (not manufactured by Google).
- Turn on the device that you wish to enjoy the Google service.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to receive an activation code.
- Once the code is generated, you will be required to visit google.com/device.
- For that, you are advised to use another smart device – a computer or a mobile phone. Make sure it is connected to the same Internet as your streaming platform or the device that you want to use the Google service.
- Navigate to google.com/device and enter the code in the box.
- Make no mistakes while entering the code and click the “Next” button.
- The system will begin the verification process. Once verified, you will see a success message on your device.
The TV screen will automatically load, thus allowing you to enjoy the service on the new device.
What is Google.com/device Manager?
If you wish to manage your connected devices to your Google account, here’s how you can do that.
- Go to your “My Account” page or navigate to https://myaccount.google.com/?pli=1.
- You will need to sign in (if you aren’t yet signed in to your account).
- After signing to your Google account, you will need to locate the “Security” option.
- It should be located on the left side of the screen. Now, you need to click it.
- Scroll down to “Your Devices”.
- Next, click the option that says “Manage devices”.
- You will now be taken to the device manager page.
- On this page, you should view all your connected devices. Take a look at “where you’re signed-in” and also, take a look at all your devices connected to your Google account.
- If you find any device that you don’t recognize, you can surely delete it from the list. Also, decide which devices or apps that you want to keep or remove.
- To have “More Details”, click the three horizontal dots (located to the top-right).
- Click the “Don’t recognize this device” option or just select “Sign Out”. You will be logged out of your Google account from the device.
- A success message – You’ve signed out on the device – should appear on the screen as soon as you “Sign out on device”.
If you would want to change your password, click the “Change password” button on the same page. Follow the screen to complete the change password process.
How to Secure Your Google Account on an Unfamiliar Device?
This is the need of the hour and you should take appropriate measures to protect your account on an unrecognized or unfamiliar device.
- You will need to the myaccount.google.com page.
- On the left side (navigate panel), you will see the “Security” tab.
- Select it and click “Manage devices” on your “Your Devices” panel.
- You should see the option that says “Don’t recognize a device”.
- Follow the steps to get rid of the device since you don’t recognize it.
Signs that tell you how to check if someone else is using your account –
- A Different Browser: If you find a different browser instead of your regular one, chances are that someone else is using your account.
- When You Don’t Remember Using Your Account: If you don’t recognize using your account at a particular time or date, you can be sure of someone else is accessing your account.
- The Location: If you spot a difference in the location (and don’t recognize or remember when you were there), you need to take the right measures. Also, keep in mind that when you travel to a new place or stop by someone for a brief moment, you might not recognize the location.
When You Don’t Recognize a Device: If you used a public computer at a library or someone else’s device, you wouldn’t recognize the device.