November 19, 2019 / Admin
How to Activate Citi Credit Card and Debit Card?
Whether you are a shopaholic or go out on vacation frequently, Citi bank has covered you with a Citi Credit Card and Debit Card. The wide range of Citi cards offers exclusive features that allow you to do a lot more than just swiping them for buying goods and services. The Citi Credit Cards and Debit Cards reward for almost everything you do with them, be it shopping, dining, watching movies, buying air tickets, or booking hotels. So, if this is the first time that you are using a Citi Credit Card and Citi Debit Card, you would want to know as to how you can activate them. In this guide, you will learn the ways to easily activate your Citi Debit Card and Credit Card.
Guide to Activate Citi Credit Card and Debit Card
Activating Citi Credit Card and Debit Card offers users with a plethora of rewards and benefits as compared to transacting in cash. Cashback, Reward Points, No-Cost EMIs, Great Discounts, etc. are some of the benefits you can enjoy when you have a Citi Credit or Debit Cards. Now, to activate your Citi Credit and Debit Card, there are basically three ways you can follow. These are:
- Citibank Card Activation By SMS
- Citibank Card Activation Online
- Citibank Card Activation By Citi Mobile App
- Citibank Card Activation By SMS
If you wish to activate your Citibank Credit Card or Debit Card via SMS, you can follow the steps provided below.
- Using your mobile number, you will need to send an activation SMS to Citibank.
- The activation message that you will need to send using your mobile number is – ACT <space> <Last 4 Digits of your Credit or Debit Card Number>.
- Once you have created the messages on your phone, you will need to send it to 6058.
- After you would have sent the message from your phone, you will receive a message from Citi Bank immediately on your phone number, notifying that your Citi Bank Credit or the Debit card has been successfully activated.
- Make sure that the phone number from which you send the message for activating your Citi Bank Credit Card or Debit Card is registered with the Citi Bank account for which you are activating the card.
- It is to be noted that this method of activating your Citi Bank Credit or Debit Card is only applicable in the country where the account is registered.
- Citibank Credit and Debit Card Activation Online
If you wish to activate your Citibank Credit Card or Debit Card via Citi Mobile App, you can follow the steps provided below.
- On your smartphone, you will need to begin by downloading the Citi Mobile Application from Play Store (for Android users) and Apple Store (for iOS users).
- Once you download the Citi Mobile App from your relevant app store, you will need to launch the application on your phone and sign in using your Citi Mobile login credentials.
- As you will sign in to your Citi Mobile app, Citi Bank will send a notification via SMS and Email. The status of your card will be changed immediately on your Citi Mobile app.
NOTE: This method of activating your Citi Bank Debit and Credit Card is only applicable for domestic and overseas.
- Citi Bank Credit Card and Debit Card Activation through Citibank Online
Another ideal way to activate your credit card and debit card is through the Citibank Online. To know how to activate your Citi Bank Credit or Debit Card using Citibank Online method, follow the instructions provided below.
- To activate your Citi Bank card, you will first need to log in to Citibank Online at citibank.com.vn using your User ID and Password.
- Once you are logged in to your account using login credentials, you will need to select “Services/My profile” option.
- Then, you will need to click on the “Card activation” option and choose your card name for activation.
- You will receive a notification from Citi on your SMS box and email. This will notify you that the status of your card has changed on your Citibank online.
- This method of activating your Citi Bank Credit Card and Debit Card is applicable for domestic and overseas activation.
- Citi Bank Credit/Debit Card Activation Online
One more way that you can use to activate your Citibank Credit/Debit card is by going to Activate Your Card page on the Citi Bank websites. Here, all you need to do is open the Activate Your Card page on your web browser, enter your Card Number which you wish to activate in the provided field and click on the Continue button. After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts to activate your desired Citi Bank credit or debit card.
- Assistance for Activating your CitiBank Debit Card and Credit Card
While the above-mentioned ways to activate your Citibank Debit Card and Credit Card should help you, however, if you are unable to activate your Citi card, you can always get in touch with Citi Bank Customer Care. The following are the ways you can reach Citi Bank customer support for assistance.
At Citibank Online, you can easily send and receive messages for all your card activation-related and other inquiries within few simple steps.
- Just sign in to Citibank Online using your Username and Password.
- Once you are logged in, Go to Services section from the blue bar menu and navigate to My Profile > My Message > Inbox > Enter your OTP to proceed further.
- Then, select “Compose Email”, choose the appropriate subject for your message, and enter details of your Inquiry. Finally, click on the Submit
- You will receive a response from Citi Bank customer support through the secure messaging system in Citibank Online. Just click on the Inbox option located on the left navigation to view the response.
Citi Bank Customer Support Phone Number
You can also seek assistance for your inquiries by calling on the following phone numbers:
- (84 28) 3521 1111 (For Enquiries, Submitting a Complaint, a Compliment or General Feedback)
- (84 28) 3521 1118 (When Calling from Overseas)
- (84 28) 3521 1088 (For Dedicated Citigold Hotline Number)
So, these are the ways that you can easily activate your Citi Bank Credit Card or Debit Card. If you need further assistance for Citi Card activation, you can refer to the Citibank customer support number provided above.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *