Citi is an American multinational investment bank that offers various financial services, including debit and credit cards. It offers 13 different credit cards serving different purposes. You must explore each credit card and its benefits and exclusive perks before choosing the right card.
The Citi credit and debit cards reward almost everything you do with them, be it shopping, dining, watching movies, buying air tickets, or booking hotels.
If you have already received your new Citi bank card, you have to activate it using one of the three easy methods – online at citi.com/activate, by phone, or with the Mobile app.
Guide to Activate your New Citi Bank Card
The online method is the easiest and most convenient way to activate your Citi credit card. The activation process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes. However, if the online method isn’t feasible for you, don’t hesitate to check out the other procedures.
How to Activate Citi Bank Credit Card at citi.com/activate
Before you embark on the activation process, ensure you have the following prerequisites –
- A stable internet connection with good speed.
- Your card number (16-digit) and Social Security Number.
- Use a mobile phone, tablet, or computer to access citi.com activate URL.
If you have the above things handy, you can now proceed with the following steps to activate your Citi card –
- Launch a web browser on your computer or mobile phone and visit citi.com/activate.
- Enter your card number (While entering the card, give no spaces or dashes.) and click the Continue button.
- Here, you need to provide your Social Security Number.
- If prompted to create a PIN, please follow the on-screen guidelines.
- Confirm all the entered details and click the Activate button.
It will take a while for the system to verify the information. You will receive a confirmation message once the details are verified successfully.
As soon as your card is active, you can use it wherever the Citi Bank credit card is accepted.
Activate Your Citi Bank Credit Card by Phone
Not an internet-savvy person? No problem! You can call the number on the back of the card and follow the on-call prompts.
Here’s what you need to do if you want to activate your Citi Bank card by phone.
- After receiving your Citi card, pick up your phone and dial the number that appears on the back of the card.
- Make sure you follow the on-call guidelines carefully.
- Enter your 16-digit card number and SSN when prompted.
- Generate a PIN if you are prompted to do so.
- Finally, activate your card.
You will receive a confirmation as soon as the card is activated.
Steps to Activate Your Citibank Card with Citi Mobile App
You must have a smartphone to use this Citi card activation method.
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device or access the Play Store app on your Android device.
- Tap the Search bar to get the Citi Mobile app.
- Install the app on your smartphone and launch it.
- Tap the Activate a Card option and enter your card details for authentication.
- After entering the card details, type the CVV and your date of birth.
- Now enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number.
- Then, create a 4-digit ATM pin for your card.
That’s it! You are ready to use your card and start earning rewards.
How to Register/ Create a Citibank Online Account?
To manage your Citi card, you must set up your online access.
- Go to the Citibank online access registration page. If you want to activate and register your new Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi, visit citi.com/CostcoSetup and click the Get Started button.
- Enter your card number and security code on the back of your Citi card.
- Confirm your identity by entering your DOB and the last 4-digits of your SSN.
- Click the Continue Set Up button.
- Enter your phone & email address and click the Save & Continue button.
- Here, you need to create your User ID and Password. Read the Terms and Conditions to enroll in Paperless Statements & E-Communications.
- Click Continue to access the security questions section.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and click the Save & Continue button.
Your Citibank online account is now active. With online access, you can manage your card, view your card statement, make payments, and more.