To install the AirTV app on Roku and start enjoying some of the best shows and movies, you need to check out the steps below. Also, you get to watch some of the popular channels including FOX, NBC, CBS, PBS, and ABC. Before proceeding ahead with the activation steps to use AirTV on Roku Player, make sure your Home Wi-Fi network works really well.
How to Install AirTV App on Roku?
Check out the following steps to install and activate the AirTV app on your Roku streaming device.
- Turn on your Roku device and press the Home icon on your Roku remote.
- You will then navigate to the Roku Player home screen. From the left panel bar, select “Streaming Channels”.
- Select the option that says “Top Free”.
- It will bring a list of available apps on the screen. You can now scroll down and select “AirTV”.
- After clicking on it, a new pop-up will appear.
- It will prompt you to tap on the button that says “+Add channel”.
- Clicking on the button will install the AirTV app on Roku.
- Once the app reflects on your Roku channel list, you can tap it to open the same.
- You are all set to stream your preferred local channels (mentioned above).
The Amazing Features of AirTV
This is the twenty-first century. Things have unbelievably changed over the years. This can be pretty much evident in the way people access entertainment channels. Unlike yesteryears, people can stream their favorite channels, shows, movies, sports, news, and everything else on the Internet. One of the popular streaming services available today is AirTV. The residents of the United States can enjoy the service by installing it on Roku and watch their favorite movies and shows. Also, the AirTV app allows you to enjoy local channels such as NBC, ABC, CBS, and more. Let’s take a look at some of the most amazing and unique features of AirTV here –
- It is a popular subscription-free streaming service.
- It has no contracts and people can stream all the channels in one simple guide.
- You just need to mount an antenna to obtain the signal to stream video content on Roku.
- Using the remote, you will be able to rewind, resume, pause, and fast-forward the content.
- If you want to record, make sure you have a Sling TV subscription.
- Since Sling TV integration, you get to access channels like AMC, ESPN, and more.
Note: As per the official website, the AirTV app is no longer available on Roku. Sling TV confirmed that the app has already been removed from the Channel store. This was intimated to all the users who used to stream the content via the Roku device. If you are a big fan of AirTV, you can still enjoy the best shows via the Sling TV app.
The Official Guide to Install AirTV on AirTV App
Here’s how you can set up AirTV on your smartphone.
- Unlock your smartphone – Android or iOS and download the AirTV app from the Play Store or App Store.
- After downloading the app, launch it.
- You will be prompted to select “Create your own Account” (if you don’t have one yet).
- Provide the required details like your –
- Email Address
- Confirm Password
- Check box “I am at least 13 years of age”
- Check box “I agree to terms and conditions”
- Check the box “Please keep me posted on AirTV news and updates” (optional)
- Click on the “CREATE AN ACCOUNT”.
- Now, select the “Okay” option to confirm.
- This will then prompt you to connect New Device. For that, you need to select “Begin Set-up”.
- Connect through Ethernet or Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi is the best option).
- Click on the option that suits you – “Connect Using Wi-Fi” or “Connect Using Ethernet”.
- Abide by the on-screen instructions and you will be done connecting a mobile phone directly to the AirTV.
- If you are an iOS user, go to the phone Settings and select the AirTV Network.
- To connect your AirTV to your home Wi-Fi network, enter the credentials (home network credentials – name and password).
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- The connection will be successful. You need to “Check for Updates”.
- Once the update checking process is over, click on the “Continue” option.
- Enter the Zipcode where your AirTV is located.
- After entering, tap “Start Scan”.
- If prompted to connect an OTA antenna, just do that.
- Click on the “Next” button.
That’s it! You are ready to stream what you love.