November 24, 2021 / Dan Smith
How to Activate ABC.com on Smart Devices (Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Xbox)
American Broadcasting Company, ABC is a commercial broadcast radio and television network owned by the Disney Media Networks, a division of the Walt Disney Company. At ABC, you can watch the episodes of your favorite shows such as Grey’s Anatomy, Black-ish, A Million Little Things, Station 19, General Hospital, and more. Also, you can enjoy Live TV, get access to GMA, late-night news, and watch amazing events like The Oscars.
You can access ABC through numerous digital streaming players such as Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, etc. However, to stream ABC channel on your desired smart device, you will first need to activate ABC on it. To know how to activate ABC via abc.com/activate, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Activate ABC on Smart Devices via abc.com/activate
While the ABC channel app is available for free on the app store of your streaming device, and some of the content is available free of cost; however, you may have to pay a subscription fee to watch the premium content available on the ABC app.
Below are the step-by-step instructions on how to activate the ABC channel on devices like Roku, Android, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire TV. The process involves installing the app on your device and activating it using an activation code on abc.com/activate.
NOTE: To access the live stream and the on-demand content available on the ABC channel, you may have to verify your participating TV provider account. So make sure to have your TV provider login credentials ready when following the below instructions.
Steps to Activate ABC on Roku
To watch ABC channel on your Roku media player, you will first need to download and install the app on your device and then activate the app at abc.com/activate using a participating TV provider account. Here are the detailed steps to do it.
- To activate ABC on Roku, turn on your Roku media player.
- Go to Roku Channel Store. (NOTE: Make sure you are logged in to your Roku account.)
- In the Roku Channel Store, go to the Movies and TV section, and search for the ABC app. You can also find the ABC app using the search option.
- Now click on Add channel and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once the ABC channel is added to your Roku channel list, open it and select the “Account” option from the menu bar.
- Now you will see an ABC activation code on your TV screen.
- Next, go to a web browser on your computer or smartphone and open the ABC official activation page – abc.com/activate.
- On the activation page, enter the activation code and click on Continue.
- Now, select your TV provider from the list and sign in using your TV provider credentials (username & password). However, if your provider is not listed, contact your TV provider to activate the ABC channel.
- After successfully activating ABC app on Roku, you can start watching your favorite movie or show on it.
Steps to Activate ABC on iOS Devices (iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV)
Looking to activate ABC on your Apple TV, iPhone, or iPad, follow the below instructions –
- First, open App Store on your iOS device.
- In the App Store, search for the ABC channel app.
- After you find the application in the App Store, download and install it on your iOS device.
- Once you have installed the ABC App, you will need to launch it.
- As you open the app on your iOS device, you will get an ABC activation code on your screen.
- Make sure to note down the activation code as it will be required to complete the ABC activation process.
- Now open a web browser on your smartphone or computer and go to abc.com/activate webpage.
- Enter the activation code you noted earlier and click “Continue.”
- Select your TV provider with which you have taken a subscription to the ABC channel.
- Then sign in to participating TV provider account using the login credentials.
- Now, you will be able to watch ABC on your configured Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or other compatible iOS devices.
Steps to Activate ABC on Amazon Fire TV
ABC channel app is also available on your Amazon Fire TV. All you need to do is download and install the app on your Fire TV and activate it using the activation code. Here are the steps for the same –
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV and go to the App Store.
- In the App Store, enter ABC in the search bar and press Search.
- After finding the ABC app, install it by pressing Get.
- Once the app has been installed, click Open.
- Now, you will get an activation code on your Fire TV screen.
- On a separate device such as a computer or smartphone, open a web browser and go to abc.com/activate.
- Enter the activation code in the provided field and click Continue.
- Then, select the TV provider through which you have subscribed for the ABC channel and sign in to your account.
- After verifying your activation code, you can access the ABC channel on your Amazon Fire TV.
Steps to Watch ABC Channel on Android TV, Phone, or Tablet
If you are using Android-based devices such as Android TV, Android Phone, or Tablet, you can watch the ABC channel for free (except premium content) by downloading and installing the app on your device. Here are the steps you will need to follow to activate the ABC channel on your Android device.
- Open Play Store on your Android device.
- Once you are on the Play Store, search for the ABC channel app.
- Now, download and install the ABC app on your device.
- After successful installation, launch/ open the ABC app.
- Now, you will see the activation code on your device screen.
- Note down the ABC activation code as it will be required during the activation process.
- Go to a web browser on your smartphone or a computer and open abc.com/activate.
- Now enter the activation code you noted earlier and click on Continue.
- Select your TV provider from the list and sign in to your TV provider account using the login credentials. (If your TV provider is not participating, contact your TV provider for further help.)
- Now click on Submit, and you will be able to watch ABC content on your Android TV, Phone, or Tablet.
Steps to Activate ABC News on Microsoft Xbox
If you wish to access ABC News on your Xbox One/ 360, you can follow these steps to activate the channel.
- To activate ABC Channel on your Xbox, connect your Xbox to your TV using an HDMI cable.
- Now, turn on your Xbox and go to Microsoft Store.
- In the search section, enter “ABC News” and press the search icon.
- From the search results, click on the ABC News channel app.
- Now, press the Get button, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation process.
- Once you have installed the channel to your Xbox player, launch the channel app.
- On the next screen, you will get the activation code. (Make sure to note down this activation code as you will need it to activate the ABC News channel on your Xbox device.)
- Now, go to abc.com/activate on your computer or smartphone web browser.
- Enter the activation code in the prompted field and click on Continue.
- Then, select your TV provider and sign in using your TV provider username & password.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Finally, you will be able to watch the ABC News channel using your Xbox console.
How to Activate ABC on Sony PlayStation?
Want to watch the ABC channel using your Sony PlayStation? Unfortunately, there is no official app available at the moment. However, once it is released (available) for the PlayStation device, you can go through the steps to activate the channel.
Similar Post –
Activate Paramount Network App
Forgot Your TV Provider Username and Password?
If you ever forget the username or password provided by your TV provider. In that case, you can quickly regain access to your account information by visiting the TV provider help site or contacting the support team through the phone. You can also register for a new user ID from your TV provider website.
So, these are the step-by-step instructions that you will need to follow to activate the ABC channel on different smart devices like Roku, Android TV / Phone / Tablet, Apple TV / iPhone / iPad, Amazon Fire TV, and Microsoft Xbox.
abc.com/activate – Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The app is free. The only thing required is a TV provider subscription.
As mentioned above, the ABC application is absolutely free. So, there is no free trial.
If the code is not working, check out the following fixes:
1. First, make sure you use the activation code within a few minutes after its generation. The code will expire if you wait for a long time.
2. Second, do check your internet connection.
3. Lastly, Uninstall the app, close and reopen the device, and reinstall the app. Now, generate a new activation code.
The sign-up procedure for the ABC app can be completed using the TV provider’s login credentials.
You can stream the ABC channel content on YouTube TV, Hulu + Live TV, DIRECTV Stream, and FuboTV.