Did you purchase a new Metro by T-Mobile (MetroPCS) phone? Are you looking for the easiest way to activate it? Let us walk you through this guide to activate your device at metropcs.com/activate. Make sure you have your phone and SIM card ready beforehand for a hassle-free activation process.
metropcs.com/activate – Simple Steps to Activate Metro by T-Mobile Device for Free
The online method is highly recommended if you are looking for the quickest and reliable way to activate your new device. You only need to possess the phone and Metro SIM card before embarking on the activation process. Also, you will need a computer with a stable Internet connection to carry out the process smoothly.
- Open your computer browser and access metropcs.com/activate (simply, type in the URL bar).
- Click the yellow button that says Activate Your Phone.
- It will redirect you to the activation page.
- On this page, you will need to enter your First name, Last name, and Email Address in the Account Holder section.
- In the Address section, choose the Address Type from the drop-down list.
- Standard address
- Rural Route
- If you choose Standard Address, enter your Street Address, City, State/ province, and ZIP Code.
- If you select Military, you need to select your Region, enter the Address, select Post office (Army Post Office or Fleet Post Office), and ZIP Code.
- Enter Rural Route & Box, City, State/ province, and ZIP Code if you select Rural Route.
- Now, follow the on-screen prompts to carry out the process successfully.
The online method would ensure whether your device is ready to use or not immediately. If you think accessing the activation page and completing the process is not your cup of tea, you may try other methods below.
Also Read: Activate Mint Mobile SIM Card
How to Activate MetroPCS Device on Call
Are you finding the online method challenging to follow?
You can dial the customer care number to activate your device.
- On your phone, dial 1-888-8-Metro-8.
- Follow the instructions to connect to a real person.
- You need to stay on the call until you are connected to an agent.
- Once the call is connected, the customer support agent will require a few details to confirm you are the right person.
- Provide information like your First Name, Last Name, Address, and MEID number. (You can find the MEID number below the phone’s battery.)
- The agent will verify the details, and your device will be activated within moments.
Another way to activate your phone is to dial *228*. Make sure you dial the digits from the phone you are activating. Here’s how you can carry out the process –
- On your Metro device, dial *228*.
- Stick to the phone guidelines and enter account details as prompted.
- After entering the required information, you will be prompted to pay your first bill.
- There you go! Your phone is now activated.
Visit a Store to Activate Your MetroPCS Device
Don’t like dialing the number or visiting the website to activate your device? No problem! You can find a store near you if you are a Metro customer. Check this link to locate the nearest store.
metropcs.com/activate – FAQs
Q. If I have to choose the online method, what form of payment does it take?
A. You can use your debit or credit cards as the Online Activation Tool accepts these options.
Q. Can I activate multiple lines through Online Activation Tool?
A. Yes, you can surely activate more than one phone through the Tool. If you are a new customer, you can activate up to 5 lines using the Online Activation Tool.
Q. Do I have to pay an activation fee to activate my Metro device?
Q. Contact Customer Support
A. You can contact Metro by T-Mobile customer support either by phone or via mail. Dial *611 from your Metro by T-Mobile phone to connect to a real agent. If you have to send mail, here’s the address –
Metro by T‑Mobile
P.O. Box 5119, Carol Stream, IL 60197-5119