February 18, 2022 / Olivia Jones
Guide to Activate Velocity MotorTrend Go App on Streaming Devices
Last updated on March 3, 2022
Are you a sports enthusiast? Do you love watching sports TV shows, such as Texas Metal, Full Custom Garage, Motor Mythbusters, and Rust Valley Restorers? If you answer in the affirmative, we believe you are here to learn how to activate Velocity GO (MotorTrend) on your streaming device via velocity.com/activate (watch.motortrend.com/activate). The steps are easy-to-understand and convenient to follow.
Velocity is rebranded as MotorTrend, an extension of the automotive magazine “Motor Trend.”
You can also access Velocity through streaming media services like Fubo TV, Hulu with Live TV, YouTube TV, AT&T TV, Philo, and Sling TV.
Things to Consider (Prerequisites)
Check the following prerequisites to carry out the MotorTrend activation process uninterruptedly.
- You will require a stable internet connection with good speed.
- Subscribe to MotorTrend through a participating TV provider.
- A supported streaming device, for example, Roku, Fire TV, etc.
- A second device to access the activation page.
- An updated MotorTrend GO app. Also known as MT GO app.
Steps To Activate MT GO on Amazon Fire TV
- Turn on your Amazon Fire TV and go to Search.
- In the search field, enter Velocity and press the Search button. If you don’t find the application by Velocity, type “MotorTrend GO” in the search bar.
- Select the MT GO app from the search result and press the Get option to install it.
- Once the app gets installed on your Amazon Fire TV, launch the app.
- Go to Settings, and you will see an activation code.
- Note down the activation code and open a web browser on your computer or mobile browser.
- Open MotorTrend activation page – watch.motortrend.com/activate or velocity.com/activate on your browser.
- Enter the seven-digit code in the provided field, and press the Activate! button.
- Select your TV provider before activating your device.
- Sign in to your TV provider account if prompted.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
- MT GO is now active on your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Activate Velocity GO on Roku via velocity.com/activate
- First, turn on your Roku device and connect it to Wi-Fi.
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote to get to the home screen.
- On the home screen, scroll down to the bottom and select Streaming Channels.
- Select Roku Channel Store.
- In the Roku Channel Store, please browse through the list to locate the MotorTrend Go app or use the Search option to find it.
- Click on the Add Channel option and follow the on-screen prompts to add the app to your Roku channel list.
- After installing the app, return to the home screen and launch the app from the channels list.
- You will see a 7-digit activation code on your TV screen. Make sure to copy the code.
- Go to a computer or mobile device and open a web browser.
- Type watch.motortrend.com/activate and open it.
- Enter the code you copied earlier on the activation page and press Activate.
- Select your preferred cable TV provider.
- You will need to sign in to the TV provider account on the next screen.
- After successful sign-in, you can watch MotorTrend on Roku.
Activate MotorTrend GO on Android TV
- Open the Play Store on your Android TV and find the MotorTrend GO (Velocity) app using the search option.
- Download and install the app on your Android TV.
- After installation, click Open to launch the MT GO app on your TV.
- Open Settings to generate a unique activation code.
- Next, copy the activation code that displays on your screen and open a web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- In the address bar of your web browser, enter velocity.com/activate and open the page. If the URL – velocity.com/activate doesn’t open the activation page, visit watch.motortrend.com/activate.
- On the activation page, enter the code in the provided field and press Activate.
- Now select your service provider from the list.
- Sign in to your cable TV account (if prompted).
- Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- Your TV screen will auto-refresh, and you can now watch any content from your MotorTrend app on your Android TV.
Activate Velocity on Apple TV via watch.motortrend.com/activate
- Open App Store on your Apple TV
- Search for the MotorTrend GO app. You can use the Search option to find the app in the App Store.
- Select Get to download and install the app on your Apple TV.
- Launch the app after installation.
- Sign in to your Velocity account if prompted and locate the activation code.
- Visit watch.motortrend.com/activate on a web browser. Earlier the activation link was velocity.com/activate.
- To activate Velocity GO on Apple TV, enter the 7-digit code and press Activate.
- Now, you need to select your TV provider.
- Log in to your service provider account using your email & password.
- You have successfully activated MT GO on your Apple TV.
About Velocity GO Channel
Founded initially as Discovery HD Theater, Velocity is an American sports TV network that mainly broadcasts automotive-themed programming. An “upscale male” network, the 24/7 HD basic cable network would rebrand as Motor Trend in 2018. Whether you are a fan of Velocity or its current name, this guide will ensure you watch all your favorite shows from the best comforts of your home.
Check with your TV service provider to watch Motor Trend content. Contact your provider if you can’t sign in to unlock the Motor Trend shows.
Here’s a list of popular shows.
- Fastest Cars in the Dirty South
- Iron Resurrection
- Faster with Finnegan
- Super Models
- Chasing Classic Cars
- Two Guys Garage
- Car Fix
- Four Wheeler
We believe you shouldn’t run into a problem if you adhere to the steps correctly. However, if you do, repeat the steps, and use the code at watch.motortrend.com/activate to enjoy the above shows.
Frequently Asked Questions
Well, if your TV provider has the MotorTrend GO (Velocity) channel in its package, you can watch Motor Trend content for free.
Your cable or satellite service provider will help you create an account with Motor Trend. First, go to the sign-in page and select your TV provider. Contact your service provider if you don’t see your Pay-TV provider in the list.
Go to the sign-in page from the home page and click the Forgot Password link. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to recover the MotorTrend password.