DISH Anywhere is a TV streaming service that allows you to watch live and recorded TV, on-demand movies and shows from popular networks, including Showtime, Starz, and Epix. It also helps you manage your Hopper DVR from anywhere. It is included with all DISH TV subscriptions.
DISH Anywhere is available on various devices, including computers, tablets, smartphones, Google Chromecast, smart TVs, and streaming devices such as Roku, Apple TV, Android TV, and Amazon Firestick TV.
To use DISH Anywhere on your laptop, desktop, tablet, or smartphone, download the DISH Anywhere app and sign in with your Dish account credentials. However, to stream DISH Anywhere on your TV-connected streaming devices, you must activate the DISH Anywhere app at dishanywhere.com/activate.
Want to know step-by-step instructions? Follow the detailed guide provided below.
Dishanywhere.com Activate on Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, or Android TV
The process to activate the DISH Anywhere app on most streaming devices or Smart TVs is the same. First, install the app from the relevant application store, launch the app to generate a code, and use the code to activate DISH Anywhere at dishanywhere.com/activate.
To know the process for a particular streaming device, refer to the instructions below.
dishanywhere.com/activate Firestick or Fire TV
Follow the steps below to activate the DISH Anywhere app on Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to the Find section on your Fire TV.
- Under the Find section, use the Search option to locate the DISH Anywhere app.
- Once located, select the app and tap the Get option.
- Wait until the app gets installed on your Fire TV.
- Next, tap Open to launch the app.
- Your TV screen will display a unique code to activate your device.
- Open dishanywhere.com/activate on a separate device.
- Enter your DISH username and password to log in.
- Once logged in, enter the code and click the Activate Device button.
Your Firestick will now be activated for DISH Anywhere. You can now stream live sports, breaking news, or DVR collections.
Activate on Android TV, Sony Bravia, TCL, or Hisense TV
You can access live or recorded shows and movies anytime by installing & activating the DISH Anywhere app on your Android TV. Follow the information below to get the app on your Android TV:
- On your Android TV, access the Google Play Store.
- Look for the DISH Anywhere app in the Play Store using the search option.
- Click Install to download and install the app.
- After installation, press Open to launch the app.
- Follow the prompts on your TV to get a one-time dishanywhere.com activate code.
- Now, access dishanywhere.com/activate on another device.
- Sign in using your DISH login credentials.
- Enter the code in the prompted field and click the Activate Device button.
Upon successful activation, you can watch thousands of On Demand movies and shows on Android TV.
How to Activate on Apple TV at dishanywhere.com/activate
Here are the steps to activate the DISH Anywhere app on your Apple TV:
- On your Apple TV, go to the App Store.
- Please search for the DISH Anywhere app and select it.
- Click Get to download and install the app.
- Once the app is installed, select Open to launch the app.
- Inside the app, select the Sign-in option to get a six-digit activation code.
- On a computer or mobile device, go to dishanywhere.com/activate and sign in with your Dish account credentials.
- Enter the activation code and click Activate Device.
Additionally, you can also activate DISH Anywhere on your Apple TV using the DISH Anywhere app on your iPhone or iPad. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the DISH Anywhere app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Activate Device.
- Enter the six-digit activation code displayed on your Apple TV screen.
- Tap Activate Device.
Once DISH Anywhere is activated on your Apple TV, you can enjoy all of the benefits of the service, such as watching live TV, recorded shows, and on-demand movies and shows.
Dishanywhere.com Activate on Roku
The DISH Anywhere app is unavailable in the Roku Channel Store, so you cannot activate it on Roku in the traditional sense. However, there are two ways to watch DISH Anywhere on Roku:
- Cast from a mobile device:
If you have the DISH Anywhere app installed on your smartphone or tablet, you can cast it to your Roku device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Ensure your Roku and mobile device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the DISH Anywhere app on your mobile device and start playing the content you want to watch.
- Tap the Cast icon on the app screen.
- Select your Roku device from the list of available devices.
- Use a third-party screen mirroring app:
Several third-party screen mirroring apps are available for Roku that allow you to mirror your smartphone or tablet screen to your Roku device. Here are some popular third-party screen mirroring apps for Roku:
- Web Video Cast
- Screen Mirroring
Once you have chosen a screen mirroring app, follow the instructions that come with the app to mirror your smartphone or tablet screen to your Roku device. Once you have mirrored your screen, open the DISH Anywhere app and watch the content.
Can I Watch DISH Anywhere on my TV using Chromecast?
Yes, you can watch DISH Anywhere on your TV using Chromecast. To do this, you must have a Chromecast device connected to your TV and a DISH Anywhere app installed on your smartphone or tablet (Android or iOS).
Once you have both of these things, follow these steps to cast DISH Anywhere content to your TV:
- Ensure your Chromecast device and smartphone or tablet are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the DISH Anywhere app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign in using your Dish credentials.
- Next, tap the Cast option in the Dish Anywhere app.
- Select your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
- The app should display the “connected” message when successfully linked.
- Now, play the video you wish to cast on your TV.
The desired content will now start playing on your TV. You can control the playback using the DISH Anywhere app on your smartphone or tablet.
If you wish to stop casting, select the Cast icon in the app and tap the “Stop Casting” option.
How to Access DISH Anywhere on Android and iOS Devices
DISH Anywhere app is available for both Android and iOS devices. So, to access DISH Anywhere on your smartphone, follow the below instructions.
- Go to the application store of your mobile device.
- Play Store for Android
- App Store for iPhone/ iPad
- Next, use the search option to find the DISH Anywhere app.
- Download & install the app.
- After installation, launch the app.
- Inside the app, sign in using your DISH account credentials.
NOTE: If you cannot sign in to your DISH Anywhere account, check your subscription status by visiting the DISH Anywhere website. If your subscription is active and you cannot access the channel, contact the DISH support team.
Overall, DISH Anywhere is a great way to get the most out of your DISH TV subscription. It allows you to watch your favorite shows and movies anywhere and gives you complete control over your DVR recordings.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can create an Online ID by providing your email address associated with your DISH package. First, go to the Online ID setup page my.dish.com/createOnlineId and enter your email address in the provided field.
Then, click the Continue button to receive an email containing instructions to proceed further. Alternatively, you can provide your registered phone number instead of your email address to create an Online ID.
DISH offers many subscription packages to customers. These include:
All-Time Favorites& Locals: 190 Channels at $69.9/Month
Everything Sports: 190+ Channels at $84.99/Month
Best Value: 240+ Channels at $94.99/Month
Everything Sports & Entertainment: 240+ Channels at $94.99/Month
Everything Sports, Entertainment, & Movies: 290+ channels at $104.99/Month
Unfortunately, the DISH Anywhere app is not available on Xbox One. However, you can sign into select apps on Xbox using your DISH subscription.
The DISH Anywhere is not currently available on PS4. However, if you want, you can use your DISH Subscription to watch select apps on your PlayStation 4.