Owned by ViacomCBS, the Smithsonian Channel is a popular pay television channel in the US. The SC TV channel is known for offering video content inspired by the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, magazines, and research facilities.
It features original non-fiction programming covering an extensive range of historical, cultural, and scientific subjects. Currently, approximately 35 million American households receive the Smithsonian Channel.
You can watch the channel via cable, satellite, and streaming media services.
If you are a cord cutter and want to access the Smithsonian Channel on your streaming devices like Roku, Fire TV, and Apple TV, you will first need to install the SC TV app from the respective app store and activate it via sc.tv/activate.
Follow the information suggested below to know how to activate the Smithsonian Channel using the SC TV activate URL.
Guide to Activate SC TV Channel on Roku, Android, Fire, and Apple TV
Installing and activating the Smithsonian Channel app on your respective streaming devices is a simple process. First, however, pre-arrange the following requisites to make the job easier.
- Make sure your streaming device is running with the latest updates.
- Keep a second device (phone/PC) ready to access the Smithsonian Channel activation page.
- Connect your streaming and second device to the internet.
- You must have your TV Provider login credentials handy.
Once you have all these recommendations, you can proceed with the activation process below.
SC TV Activate on Android TV
If you love documentaries and shows based on history, nature, aviation, space, science, and pop culture and have an Android TV with version 5.0 or above, you can install & activate the Smithsonian Channel app by following these steps:
- Go to the Apps section on your Android TV and select Google Play Store.
- In the Play Store, search for the Smithsonian Channel app.
- Select Install to download the app on your Android TV.
- Press Open after installation to launch the Smithsonian Channel app.
- An activation code will display on the screen.
- Keep this screen active and visit the Smithsonian Channel activation page sc.tv/activate on your Phone/PC browser.
- Enter the activation code and tap CONTINUE.
- Then, select your TV Provider and sign in using its login credentials to complete the activation process.
- The Smithsonian Channel app is now active on your Android TV.
sc.tv/activate Fire TV or Firestick
Follow the instructions below to access the Smithsonian Channel app on your Fire TV and indulge in thought-provoking documentaries:
- Search for the Smithsonian Channel app using the Find option.
- Select Get to download & install the app on your Fire TV.
- After installation, launch the app.
- You will see a unique registration code along with instructions.
- Now, visit sc.tv/activate on your second device.
- Enter the code in the given field and press CONTINUE.
- Next, sign in using your TV Provider credentials.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
- You can now access the Smithsonian Channel app on your Amazon Fire TV.
Smithsonian Channel Activation on Apple TV
Install and activate the latest version of the Smithsonian Channel app on your Apple TV and watch original documentaries and full episodes of the most loved shows, including Aerial America and Secrets and Air Disasters.
- Get to the App Store on your Apple TV.
- In the search box, type Smithsonian Channel.
- Select the app from the search result and press the Get button.
- Wait for the application to get installed on your Apple TV.
- Once installed, press Open to launch the app.
- You will get a code on your TV screen.
- Visit sc.tv/activate on your computer or mobile device.
- Enter the code in the boxes and press the CONTINUE button.
- Then, select your TV Provider (if required) and sign in with its credentials.
- After that, complete the on-screen prompts and watch the Smithsonian Channel app on your Apple TV.
Activate on Roku at sc.tv/activate
Here are steps for activating the Smithsonian Channel on Roku:
- Select Streaming Channels from the Roku home screen.
- Use the Search option to find the Smithsonian Channel app.
- Once found, select the app and click the Add channel button.
- Tap the Go to channel button after installation.
- A one-time unique code will display on the screen.
- Launch a browser on your second device and open the SC TV activate link.
- Here you need to enter the code displayed on your Roku TV and click the CONTINUE button.
- Then, log in with your TV Provider account credential and complete the rest of the on-screen prompts.
- After successful activation, your Roku device screen will refresh and direct you to the main screen of the Smithsonian Channel app.
Frequently Asked Questions
At present, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, and Android TV are compatible with accessing the Smithsonian Channel app.
– Go to Settings from your Fire TV home screen.
– Under the Settings section, select Manage Installed Applications.
– Then, select the Smithsonian app.
– Tap Clear Cache and then Clear Data.
Unfortunately, the Smithsonian Channel cannot help you recover/reset your TV Provider login ID or password. For this, you will need to contact your service provider support center.
Consider the following workarounds to fix quality issues with your Smithsonian Channel app:
– Check your internet connection.
– Clear the cache of your Smithsonian app for the desired streaming device.
– Restart your streaming device and launch the app.
– Uninstall and reinstall the app. After installation, you need to activate the app at sc.tv/activate.