October 7, 2021 / Activate Guide
How to Activate Smithsonian Channel on sc.tv /activate?
Last updated on October 9th, 2021
Owned by ViacomCBS through its division of domestic media networks (under MTV Entertainment Group), The Smithsonian Channel is a popular pay television channel in the US. The channel is known for offering video content inspired by the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, magazines, and research facilities. It features original non-fiction programming which covers an extensive range of historical, cultural, and scientific subjects. Currently, approximately 33 million American households receive the Smithsonian Channel. While the channel can be accessed via Cable, Satellite, and Streaming Media platforms, if you wish to access it on streaming devices like Roku, Fire TV, and Apple TV, you will first need to install the channel’s app from the respective application store, and then activate it on sc.tv/activate. To know how to activate the Smithsonian Channel on the sc.tv/activate page, follow the information suggested below.
Guide to Activate Smithsonian Channel at sc.tv/activate
- Turn on your Roku device and press the Home button on your Roku remote to get to the home screen.
- On the home screen, you will need to scroll down to select the Streaming Channels option and then go to the Search Channels Type Smithsonian Channel in the provided field of search channels using the virtual keyboard and press the search icon.
- From the search result, select the Smithsonian app and press the Details This will direct you to the Preview page of the app.
- Press the Add Channel button on the Preview page of the Smithsonian app and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- When the application gets installed on your Roku device, you will need to navigate to the home screen and launch the Smithsonian Channel application.
- As the app will take you to the welcome screen, sign in to your account (if prompted) to get the activation code.
- Once you have the activation code, you will need to launch a web browser on your computer or phone and navigate to the Smithsonian channel activation page using the URL – sc.tv/activate.
- When you reach the activation page of the Smithsonian Channel app, you will need to enter the activation code in the provided field and press the ACTIVATE
- After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the activation process.
For Amazon Fire TV
- To begin with, you will need to turn on your Amazon Fire TV and navigate to the Apps section from the home screen.
- In the Apps section, browse through the list of applications to find the Smithsonian Channel. If you want you can use the Search option to find the application.
- When you have located the Smithsonian Channel app, go to its preview page and press the Install The installation of the app will begin on your screen.
- When the installation gets completed, you will need to press the Open option to launch the app. If prompted, you will need to log into the app to get the activation code.
- When you have the activation code, open a web browser on your phone or computer and navigate to the activation page of Smithsonian Channel using the URL –sc.tv/activate.
- Once you reach the activation page, you will need to enter the activation code in the prompted field, press the ACTIVATE button, and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process.
For Apple TV
- Firstly, you will need to turn on your Apple TV and open the App Store
- In the App Store section, type Smithsonian Channel in the search box and press the Search
- Then, select the Smithsonian Channel app from the search result. This will take you to the preview page of the application.
- When you get to the preview page of the app, you will need to press the Install button and wait until it gets installed on your Apple TV.
- When you are done installing the app, return to the home screen and launch the Smithsonian Channel If prompted to log in, enter the login credentials of your Smithsonian Channel account to get the activation code.
- Now, when you have the activation code, open a web browser on your phone or computer to get the activation page using the URL – sc.tv/activate page.
- When you are on the activation page, you will need to enter the activation code in the provided field and press the ACTIVATE
- After that, simply follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation process
So, these are the steps that will help you to activate the Smithsonian Channel using sc.tv/activate.