February 11, 2020 / Admin
How to Activate McAfee on PC and Mac?
McAfee is considered one of the most used antivirus solution providers and has been in the industry for more than 3 decades. It is known for offering an extensive range of security products such as antivirus, anti-spyware programs, and a firewall. The antivirus software of McAfee comes with great features and functionalities that ensure the safety of your device against Viruses, Worms, Trojans and other Malicious Programs.
McAfee caters to both home and enterprise security through its wide range of security products such as a computer, laptop, Gaming, Android, and iOS devices. In order to secure your device like PC or Mac using McAfee, you will first need to create an account with McAfee and then you will need to activate the McAfee product. After that, you can be assured of the security of your device. To know about the activation process of McAfee product on your PC or Mac, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Activate McAfee Product on PC and Mac
- To begin with, you will first need to go to the McAfee homepage on your web browser. You can use any web browser on your PC or Mac to get to the homepage.
- Once you are on the McAfee homepage, you will need to click on the “For Home” option. You will find this option located on the top-right corner of the McAfee homepage. As you will click on this option, you will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to click on the Account option located on the top-right corner. This will open a drop-down menu on your screen.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the Sign In or My Account Both options will direct you to the same screen.
- On the next screen, you will be given the sign-in and registration section to get access to your McAfee account.
- If you already have a McAfee account, you can sign in to your account using the login credentials. However, if you don’t have a McAfee account, you will need to register for it.
- To register your McAfee account, on the “Sign-in” or “My Account” page, you will need to click on the REGISTER NOW This will direct you to the next window where you will need to provide information such as First Name, Last Name, Email Address, and Password. Then, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the registration process.
- Now, once you are logged in to your McAfee account, you will need to shop or redeem a retail card. If you have not purchased a McAfee product, you can buy one from the website. On the other hand, if you have purchased one from the retail store, you can redeem the retail card on the website. Here are the steps to do it:
To Purchase a McAfee Product
- At the top of the page, you will need to click on the “For Home” option. This will open a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the product you wish to purchase. Then, click on the Buy Now or Free Trial option on the next screen.
- On the next page, provide the billing information and credit card details in the provided fields and click Agree and Continue
To Redeem a Retail Card
- At the top of the McAfee web page, you will need to click on the My Account option.
- Next, you will need to select Redeem your Retail Card
- Then, you will need to enter the 25-digit activation code found on your retail card.
- After entering the activation code, click on the Submit
- Next, you will need to go to the “My Account” option located at the top of the web page. This will display a drop-down menu on your screen with Account
- From the drop-down menu, you will need to click on the Subscription This is the third option in the “My Account” drop-down menu. As you will click on the “Subscriptions” option, you will get the list of the McAfee products you have a subscription to.
- Next, you will need to click a product. This will display the details of the product and the option to download the product.
- Then, all you need to do is to download and install the product. For this, you will need to click on the Download option once you have selected a product. And, once the file gets installed, you will need to double-click on it in your Downloads folder, or web browser. Finally, click on the Install option and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
So, these are the steps you will need to follow in order to activate McAfee product on your PC and Mac.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *