Lowe’s is an American retail company that specializes in home improvement. Like any other retail company, Lowe’s offers a wide range of store cards or credit cards to help customers save more on home purchases like home decor, appliances, lightbulbs, landscaping materials, tools, and batteries. The Lowe’s credit card is issued by Synchrony Bank and offers a variety of benefits and rewards.
One of the main benefits of the Lowe’s credit card is the ability to earn rewards on purchases made at Lowe’s stores or on lowes.com. In addition, Lowe’s offers its customers lucrative financing options to complete various home improvement and renovation projects through its Advantage Card.
After receiving your Lowe’s Advantage card, you must activate your credit card online at lowes.com/activate, by calling the number on the back of the card, or visiting the nearest Lowe’s store.
Complete Guide to Activate Your Lowe’s Card 
Once your Lowe’s Credit Card arrives in the mail, you need to activate it before using it. Remember that your newly received card will only work once it is activated.
To activate your Lowe’s credit card, you will need to have a few pieces of information on hand. Here are the prerequisites to activate your card:
- Your Lowe’s credit card: You will need to have your physical credit card in hand to activate it. The card should arrive in the mail within 7-10 business days after you are approved for the card.
- Your personal information: You will need to provide your personal information, such as your name, address, and Social Security number.
- Your contact information: You will need to provide your phone number and email address so that Lowe’s can contact you if needed.
- Your login information: If you plan to manage your Lowe’s credit card account online, you will need to create a login ID and password. You will also need to choose security questions and provide answers to them.
Once you have all of this information, you can activate your Lowe’s credit card by visiting the Lowe’s credit card activation page online at lowes.com/activate, calling the phone number on the back of your card, or using the Lowe’s mobile app.
lowes.com/activate – Activate Online
To activate your card using the online method, you will need your Lowe’s Credit Card login details. If you don’t have the login details, here’s how to create them.
- Visit lowes.com/activate on a web browser.
- Click Register to register for your Lowes credit card account.
- Enter your Account Number and billing ZIP code. (You can find these details on your credit card or paper statement.)
- Click the Continue button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create your Lowe’s credit card login credentials.
Below are the easy steps to activate your Lowe’s credit card using the login details
- Go to lowes.com/activate.
- Provide your Lowe’s login details, such as your User ID and Password.
- Click the Secure Login button.
- You will now access Lowe’s Online Account.
- Go to the Dashboard and select the Card section.
- Click Activate Card.
- Enter the prompted card details (card number, expiry details, SSN, ITIN, etc.).
- Click the Activate button.
Now that you have activated your Lowe’s Advantage card, you can now use the card to shop for various household things.
How to Activate Lowe’s Credit Card by Phone
You can also activate your Lowe’s credit card over the call. Resort to this method if you aren’t well-versed in internet usage. Grab your phone and call the activation number from the back of your Lowe’s credit card and follow the instruction below:
- The automated system will prompt you to enter your personal information, such as your name, address, and Social Security number.
- You will also need to provide your Lowe’s credit card number and the expiration date.
- The system will prompt you to choose a PIN (Personal Identification Number) for your card. This will be the code you use to access your account and make purchases.
Once you have provided all of the required information, the system will confirm that your card has been activated. You can then begin using your Lowe’s credit card for purchases.
Activate your Lowes.com Card at the Store
Don’t want to go through the online steps or stick to the on-call prompts to activate your Lowe’s Credit Card? Well, you can still register your new card by visiting the nearest Lowe’s Store.
- Bring your credit card and a government-issued photo ID to a Lowe’s store.
- Go to the customer service desk or a checkout lane and ask an associate to assist you with activating your card.
- Provide your personal information to the associate. You must provide your name, address, and Social Security number.
- You must also provide your Lowe’s credit card number and the expiration date.
- The associate may ask you to choose your card’s PIN (Personal Identification Number).
Once you have provided the information, the associate will confirm that your card has been activated.
How to Apply for Lowes Credit Card [Updated]
You can apply for a Lowe’s credit card online or in-store by following these steps:
- Navigate to lowes.com/activate and click the Apply link.
- Enter the last four digits of your SSN/ITIN and Mobile Phone Number. (Synchrony will prefill your name, address, and contact details.)
- Click the Continue button and follow the on-screen instructions to apply for a new card.
- Provide your income, employment status, and housing information.
- Once you have filled out the application form, please review your information to ensure it is correct, then submit your application.
You should receive a response within a few minutes. If approved, you will receive your Lowe’s credit card in the mail within 7-10 business days.
- Visit a Lowe’s store near you.
- Go to the customer service desk and ask an associate for a Lowe’s credit card application form.
- Fill out the application form with your personal and financial information, including your name, address, phone number, and Social Security number.
- After completing the application form, please give it to the associate or place it in a designated drop box.
If your application gets approved, the associate will provide you with a temporary credit card until your physical card arrives.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you choose the online activation method, i.e., lowes.com/activate, you will need a stable internet connection, mobile phone/ computer, login details, and credit card details.
To Activate your card, visit lowes.com/activate and enter the required login details. After logging in, select the Activate Card option and enter the card details.
After activating the card, you can use it online or at Lowe’s store. If you can do it successfully, your card is active. Log into your Lowe’s Card account to check the balance or make the bill payment. Also, you can set up AutoPay if you want to save time.
You can either dial 1-888-840-7651 or click the Chat button to begin chatting with your virtual assistant.
Synchrony Bank issues all Lowe’s cards – Lowe’s Advantage Credit card, Lowe’s Visa Rewards Card, or Lowe’s SetPay account.