March 2, 2020 / Admin
How to Activate Green Dot Card?
Green Dot is regarded as one of the leading providers of prepaid debit cards and secured credit cards. This American financial technology and bank holding company is the largest prepaid debit card company in the world. The company is quite popular and well known for offering customers amazing convenience and simplicity through its services. If you have recently got a new card from the Green Dot and looking to activate it for the first time, you can easily do so by visiting their official website.
However, if you are looking to activate your Green Dot card over the phone, unfortunately, for security reasons, the company does not allow you to register your card over the phone. To know how you can activate your Green Dot card online, go through the information provided below.
Guide to Activate Green Dot Card
METHOD 1: Activating a Green Dot Debit Card
If you are looking to register your Green Dot debit card, you will need to follow the following instructions.
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the home page of the Green Dot official website – https://www.greendot.com/ to activate your card online. As this is a secure page, any information that you send through the site will be encrypted and will be visible only the Green Dot.
- Once you are on the homepage of Green Dot, you will need to click on the Menu bar icon (three horizontal lines) located on the top-right corner of the screen. This will open a new window on your screen with different options.
- From the given options, you will need to click on the Register a New Card in Hand As you will click on this option, you will be taken to the next screen where you will be prompted to enter your card details in the provided fields.
- So, enter your 16-digit card number, expiration date (MM/YY), and CVV in the provided fields. You can find these details on the card you are looking to register. The 16-digit card number is present on the front of your card. While the expiry date is mentioned below the card number, you can find the CVV code on the backside of your Green Dot card.
- After entering the required information of your card in the provided fields, you will need to click on the “Next” button. If you would have entered the card information correctly, you will be directed to the next page where you will be asked to provide further information. In case you receive an error message upon clicking on the Next button, you will need to check and make sure that you entered the information of your card correctly. However, if even after entering the correct information, you are receiving the error message, it is suggested to call the number on the back of your card.
- Once you are on the next page, you will need to enter your personal information to complete the registration of your card. This is mandatory as The USA PATRIOT Act requires banks to gather and verify the personal information of all account holders. So, to complete the activation of your card, you must provide your:
- Date of birth
- Mobile phone number
- Social Security number
NOTE: Green Dot also has a mobile app you can download and use to activate your card and manage your account.
METHOD 2: Activating a Green Dot Platinum Card
A Green Dot Platinum card is basically a pre-paid credit card in which you are requested to pay a deposit to secure your line of credit. The amount of your deposit is generally the amount of your line of credit. For example, if you have deposited $500, you will have a $500 line of credit. Also, the Green Dot Platinum card is a real credit card and not a debit card. You need to make monthly payments for charges to the card or pay interest. The money doesn’t get debited from your deposit.
Below are the step-by-step instructions that you will need to follow:
- Open a web browser on your computer and go to the home page of Green Dot Platinum Card official website – https://www.platinum.greendot.com/ to activate your card online.
- Once you are on the homepage of the Green Dot Platinum card, you will need to click on the “Card Activation” option located on the top-right corner of the screen. This will open a new window on your screen with a form that you will need to fill with the required information.
- On the next screen, you will be given a card activate form that you will need to fill up with the following required information:
- Account Number
- First Name, Middle Name, Last Name
- Last 4 digit of your social security number
- Expiration date
- CVC/CVV Number
- Date of Birth
- Zip Code
- So, enter your account number and your personal information as suggested on the page in the relevant fields. After entering the information, when you will click on the “Activate Card” button, you will be directed to the next screen.
- On the next screen, you will need to follow the on-screen prompts to complete the activation of your Green Dot Platinum Card.
NOTE: As Green Dot sends your card usage and payments report to all 3 major credit bureaus, you can also use your Green Dot Platinum card to build credit over time. Try to keep your card balance low and make payments on time every month to avoid fines and a negative impact on your credit score. Also, it is suggested to avoid carrying a balance on your card as you will be charged interest, which will make it difficult for you to pay off as time goes on.
So, these are the instructions that you will need to follow in order to activate your Green Dot debit card and Platinum credit card.
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *