Different Roku devices have different IP addresses, and these IP addresses help connect to the home networks. If you wish to find your Roku IP address, there are three simple methods. You can either use your Roku remote, Router, or Chrome extension to find your Roku device IP address. Read through this guide to learn how to find Roku IP address.
How to Find Roku IP Address using the Roku remote
One of the easiest ways to find your Roku IP address is by using the remote. You can navigate to the Roku’s About page with your remote. Here’s how you can find your Roku IP address.
- Turn on your Roku device and navigate to the main menu.
- Go to Settings and look for the Networking option.
- Now navigate to About.
- There you go! You will find your Roku’s IP address & other network information.
How to Find Roku IP Address from Your Router
Finding your Roku IP address from the Router is a direct approach. Although this method doesn’t always work, you may want to try your hands at it. Check the following steps to find your Roku IP address.
- Open a web browser on your computer and log into your Router admin interface. (You can enter your Router’s IP address in the domain or URL bar.)
- After signing in to your Router, access the status page.
- The Router status page contains all the connection-related information.
- Here you will find your Roku device information.
- Search for MAC addresses if you don’t find your Roku device information or any Roku names listed there.
Also Read –
Top 5 Roku Screensavers
How to Find Roku IP Address with Chrome Extension
The easiest way to find your Roku IP address is by adding an extension “Remoku” to your Google Chrome browser. Remoku is a free web extension for your Chrome browser. Here’s a step-by-step guide to using this method to find your Roku IP address.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your laptop/ desktop.
- Add the Remoku extension by clicking the Add to Chrome option.
- Click the Add Extension option to confirm the add-on to your browser.
- As soon as you add the Remoku extension, a black square icon will appear on the Chrome screen. It should appear on the top (R). Open the add-on by clicking the icon.
- Go to Settings. (It should guide you in connecting to your Roku.)
- Click the Scan option and wait for the app to scan all the IP addresses on your network.
- Remoku will scan through the existing IP addresses. Once it finds what you are looking for, it will list them for you.
- You can now find your Roku IP address.
Note: Remoku doesn’t work perfectly with every Roku model, and if it doesn’t work in your case, you need not be surprised. Users in the past have reported that Remoku has failed to find their Roku IP address.
Can I Find My Roku IP Address with Mobile App?
You can give it a shot by using the mobile app as a remote.
- Install the Roku app on your mobile and launch it.
- Tap the gear icon and go to System Info.
- You will get information about the IP address and other network details here.